Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Riposte Animation Skip

2 0

Was a dueling an alpha friend of mine earlier and was curious as to how he was accelling his weapon so fast. He told me he was doing a riposte "animation skip" exploit in which he parried in the opposite direction of the attack but angled his own in attack in the same direction as the original enemy's attack. I only have a clip of him doing it while footdragging, but you can imagine how potent it would be with accells. The enemy parries, then almost immediately the animation snaps into the weapon being inches from your head. Here it is.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 14 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

As far as I can tell there's nothing special going on here. He's using a battle axe and was close enough to you (since you're not footworking) to make his accel very hard to read, and then he dragged it. The counter to this (outside of superhuman reflexes to actually hard read it) is to attempt to chamber the attack, and if the chamber doesn't immediately go off then you ftp.

404 607
  • 14 Jul '19
 smug

yeah this is one of the reasons dueling in this game is trash atm.

it's not a bug though I'm willing to wager riposting has always fucked with animations.

Duke 554 950
  • 14 Jul '19
 Goatie

There's two different riposte animations based on parry angle I believe. One is more like a .jpeg while the other is more twisty.

2021 2108
  • 14 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

@smug said:
yeah this is one of the reasons dueling in this game is trash atm.

it's not a bug though I'm willing to wager riposting has always fucked with animations.

Don't mean to split hairs here but if it's not the desired behavior then it is a bug. And since that animation doesn't seem desirable at all, I would call that a bug.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 15 Jul '19
 Bodkin

They probably still probably get going and I should have told you about running into the guy with the midget right to the heart of each other just started laughing and pissed all over himself he was laughing so hard he can't build a floor pissed all over the floor the pedal to floor awesome.
Haha midget funny guy arab come big fight lots of rainbows mean girl we just started laughing fun time BOOM big bang reset kinda funny bad thing happen wake up in ghana put to work i fix sink make bad cash fly to thailand haha good time