Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Not able to switch weapons in fights

1697 1292
  • 14 Jul '19
 esturias

I still have some fun playing the game even though it's often unplayable for me due to my internet and all the many issues, bugs and glitches the game has, but this is something that really annoys me:
Very often when I play archer and need to switch wepons in a fight, especially when I got attacked from behind (thanks to the broken sound) and lost my bow, I can't switch weapons. Either the input is laggy and the animation starts when my head is already rolling, or nothing at all happens. Even without getting hit, but always with enemies in close proximity.

Since we're at it: Picking up weapons can be really annoying, too. You often want to pick up a weapon, the animation comes but the weapon just vanishes. And when you want to pick up a weapon on some kind of non-flat terrain, you definitely have to stop and aim...

edit: While writing this, I had a really nice match with very little connection issues, so that I was even able to play some melee and managed to end it in the top 10 - but it still happened. Arrows hit where I was aiming, most parries and attacks worked, but switching weapons was still buggy.
I already wanted to blame it on my old mouse, but in every other situation it works flawlessly...

Anyone with the same issue?

874 375
  • 15 Jul '19
 PC_Principal

As Archers, you get your bow dropped a lot. The best solution is to be aware and switch weapons in time. Weapons "disappearing" from the ground can either be the natural ~20 sec despawn or teammates picking them up. I've had problems with animations aswell. Sometimes he won't kick although I press kick.

192 100
  • 15 Jul '19
 THE-REAL-WARSAW

all wep switching should literally be instantaneous, no excuse for that to take almost 5 seconds

Archers should not drop bow when tapped by something.
Archers should also be able to kick.
Every class should be able to kick while jumping, how is this not a thing?

1697 1292
  • 15 Jul '19
 esturias

@PC_Principal said:
As Archers, you get your bow dropped a lot. The best solution is to be aware and switch weapons in time.

The problem isn't the dropping, it's me not being able to change to my second weapon after that! As soon as the enemy is in close proximity, chances are high that I can't switch weapons. Happens at least 2-3 times per match.

Weapons "disappearing" from the ground can either be the natural ~20 sec despawn

Yes, it's the despawn. But when I still get the pick-up-animation, the weapon should be in my inventory. But it isn't. And that can be very annoying.

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:
Archers should not drop bow when tapped by something.
Archers should also be able to kick.

Agreed, especially on the latter. No idea how that isn't possible.
However, no idea how that is relevant in this thread...

Duke 554 950
  • 16 Jul '19
 Goatie

Just don't get caught out lol. Easy as an archer.

1697 1292
  • 16 Jul '19
 esturias

@Goatie said:
Just don't get caught out lol. Easy as an archer.

Only if you camp behind everyone else. But I like to play frontline archer and especially with the broken sound, it happens a lot that an enemy suddenly appears without any warning.

Duke 554 950
  • 16 Jul '19
 Goatie

Well that's not what the archer is for tbh. They specifically made this choice so it wasn't like chiv where archers could release point blank and turn switch and spam you. You can still sorta do that still if you're quick and know how to matrix.