Mordhau

There is no downside to long-range weapons

36 37
  • 14 Jul '19
 xXLuxXx

The evasive builds in this game are utter shit. The only viable builds are 3/3 armor with big weapon or just dumping everything into spear/halbard/zwei and spamming from range while you back up like a complete alpha gamer. The difference in attack speed between even the dagger and spear is just a total joke, and getting on the inside with a smaller weapon is even advantages for THE BIGGER WEAPON because their hitbox just "appears" inside your victims body while your sub-6 cost weapon has to actually travel through time and space to reach some zweitard.

I used to think Mordhau would last, but it seems the dev's just took the money and ran. Everyone has figured out the OP strats and now everyone is just using 3/3/3 armor or some stab tactic that just keeps you constantly out of range.

Cool hit game guys, too bad you did jack shit with it.

133 104
  • 14 Jul '19
 Pandamansleep

You can actually make builds that dont fit the meta and still do good. I don't play 3-3-3 often and I don't use exesword,zwei,halberd, or any of the meta weapons besides for evening star. I can get top on my team with things like billhook estoc or poleaxe pretty well

404 607
  • 14 Jul '19
 smug

The best duel loadout uses a 1h weapon. If you play frontline server who the fuck cares, I can literally topfrag a FL match using virtually any weapon. I've done it using a fucking dagger.

Spear/Halb and any long range weapons are used because it's fucking miserable trying to navigate team fights in 48/64 man server, which also exacerbates their actual strength. Honestly in many situations the only viable strike you could possibly do is a stab, so it only makes fucking sense to pickup long range weapons that can stab.

The only area where I consider long range weapons like the spear/stab "OP" is within team fights with equally skilled opponents, because most of 1vX is about stealing initiative with riposte armor attacks, and halb/spear can trade with you without having to eat the riposte trade like many other weapons, but guess what that's their fucking intended role LOL. It's more to do with 1vX being completely busted in this game.

THE BIGGER WEAPON because their hitbox just "appears" inside your victims body while your sub-6 cost weapon has to actually travel through time and space to reach some zweitard.

U know you can accel 1handers right

58 129
  • 14 Jul '19
 Quadsword

"Nerf all the things I don't know how to fight against."

• You

I remember back in the heyday of Call of Duty 4, people would howl all day long about how this or that was OP. Then I'd make a shotgun load out (objectively the worst weapon in the game) and dominate an FFA match.

Stop complaining about how everything's OP and learn how to counter it.

Knight 7768 14315
  • 14 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

Are you implying the game will die because a meta formed? Can you please direct me to a game that doesn't have a meta?

No one for the most part is going to argue that big weapons aren't the best weapons, but what you need to do is convince people that that is an issue and what you think should be done about it. Considering there is a point system, i'd suggest that you critique that and put forward some ideas on how to change it to better incentivize not just running big weapons.

1817 1903
  • 14 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

@ToLazy4Name said:
Are you implying the game will die because a meta formed? Can you please direct me to a game that doesn't have a meta?

This is a tough one...

Portal 2 maybe?

1388 1049
  • 14 Jul '19
 esturias

I have to agree that the variety and difference of the weapons is rather disappointing, especially considering speed and "special attacks".
(What do we have? You can throw some weapons and we have the billhook with its anti-rider ability. Did I forget something that is more than just a slightly different mode with slightly changed weapon stats?)

I don't see any issue with "3/3/3" and I don't see highly armored players that often. It's more about the weapons...

Bottomline: We'll see if the game will last. When it fails, it will definitely not be because of this.

@ToLazy4Name said:

No one for the most part is going to argue that big weapons aren't the best weapons, but what you need to do is convince people that that is an issue and what you think should be done about it. Considering there is a point system, i'd suggest that you critique that and put forward some ideas on how to change it to better incentivize not just running big weapons.

Completely off-topic:
You should come up with more quality posts like that one instead of trolling and shitposting. Then you might even have my vote for becoming a mod...

36 37
  • 14 Jul '19
 xXLuxXx

@ToLazy4Name said:

The game was an unforeseen success. It's not crazy to assume they didnt have a long-term plan associated with the game. Good games will have a meta with ebb & flow, counter play, and balance updates. This game has a small-amount of clearly dominant strategies which will continue to remain dominant because the counterplay options are clearly inferior.

I dont really need to convince anyone of anything honestly. Go join a frontline game and start noticing how everyone is using the same 3 loadouts. If stagnation isnt a killer of games historically, then nothing is.

If you're all able to put your ego's aside momentarily and realize the very simple thing I'm saying, instead of acting like I'm about to take away your favorite toy, this would be more productive.

404 607
  • 14 Jul '19
 smug

The problem is you're trying to come off as if you know anything about the game's meta when you don't. Pub Frontline Meta means jackshit, because 90% of this game's population still can't even do a basic drag or even grasp the fundamentals that make a good Mordhau player. We're 2 months in and I still see people try to cross space vs a spear/halb user by starting a horizontal swing MILES away just asking to get flinched by a stab. I'm glad we're not balancing the game according to these complete smoothbrains.

You complained in your post about accels without realizing you can accel 1h weapons too. What's the point of writing pointless long rants on the mordhau forums if you don't know something this basic about the game. Get killed by too many spear users? Sorry you can't deal with one dimensional players you could easily beat by literally doing basic chamber morphs.

36 37
  • 14 Jul '19
 xXLuxXx

@smug said:
The problem is you're trying to come off as if you know anything about the game's meta when you don't. Pub Frontline Meta means jackshit, because 90% of this game's population still can't even do a basic drag or even grasp the fundamentals that make a good Mordhau player. We're 2 months in and I still see people try to cross space vs a spear/halb user by starting a horizontal swing MILES away just asking to get flinched by a stab. I'm glad we're not balancing the game according to these complete smoothbrains.

You complained in your post about accels without realizing you can accel 1h weapons too. What's the point of writing pointless long rants on the mordhau forums if you don't know something this basic about the game. Get killed by too many spear users? Sorry you can't deal with one dimensional players you could easily beat by literally doing basic chamber morphs.

Wow, youre such a delightful person.

I didn't even mention accels, and it's funny that you, a god-tier player whose nuts we should all clearly be sucking, doesn't even know the mechanical occurrence im trying to highlight. Let's keep it that way :)

Knight 7768 14315
  • 14 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@xXLuxXx said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

The game was an unforeseen success. It's not crazy to assume they didnt have a long-term plan associated with the game. Good games will have a meta with ebb & flow, counter play, and balance updates. This game has a small-amount of clearly dominant strategies which will continue to remain dominant because the counterplay options are clearly inferior.

I dont really need to convince anyone of anything honestly. Go join a frontline game and start noticing how everyone is using the same 3 loadouts. If stagnation isnt a killer of games historically, then nothing is.

If you're all able to put your ego's aside momentarily and realize the very simple thing I'm saying, instead of acting like I'm about to take away your favorite toy, this would be more productive.

So you're mad and have nothing to contribute other than telling us all that you're mad? lol

404 607
  • 14 Jul '19
 smug

@xXLuxXx said:

@smug said:

Wow, youre such a delightful person.

I didn't even mention accels, and it's funny that you, a god-tier player whose nuts we should all clearly be sucking, doesn't even know the mechanical occurrence im trying to highlight. Let's keep it that way :)

The difference in attack speed between even the dagger and spear is just a total joke, and getting on the inside with a smaller weapon is even advantages for THE BIGGER WEAPON because their hitbox just "appears" inside your victims body while your sub-6 cost weapon has to actually travel through time and space to reach some zweitard.

Cool attempt at gaslighting, or not even knowing how the game's mechanics work.

36 37
  • 14 Jul '19
 xXLuxXx

@ToLazy4Name said:

@xXLuxXx said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

So you're mad and have nothing to contribute other than telling us all that you're mad? lol

Alright then. You're clearly worth talking too.

36 37
  • 14 Jul '19
 xXLuxXx

@smug said:

@xXLuxXx said:

@smug said:

Are you one of those really hip internet lads who keeps a "logical fallacies" tab open on his browser to crush all the libtard cucks online?

1817 1903
  • 14 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

Gaslighting isn't a logical fallacy.

Knight 7768 14315
  • 14 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@xXLuxXx said:

@smug said:

@xXLuxXx said:

@smug said:

Are you one of those really hip internet lads who keeps a "logical fallacies" tab open on his browser to crush all the libtard cucks online?

there's this awesome thing called google that you could use to learn about words you're unfamiliar with, but I don't think you're capable of using it tbh

36 37
  • 14 Jul '19
 xXLuxXx

You're trying to lecture me about capability? Thats hilarious :).

Are you unemployed, or just so completely unnecessary at your job meant for teenagers that you can just rack up 6800 forum posts right at your "work"?

404 607
  • 14 Jul '19
 smug

Mods please close this before it just devolves into a personal attack thread.

It's already run it's course.

36 37
  • 14 Jul '19
 xXLuxXx

@smug said:
Mods please close this before it just devolves into a personal attack thread.

It's already run it's course.

So the man who barged into a thread about a very simple concept to tell everyone how amazing he is at the game, how 90% of the player base is bad, and how the Frontline mode, which most of the player base plays "means jackshit" wants to now close said thread. Could you be anymore arrogant? Just fuck off dude, go get some sunlight. Honestly just close it. This is like talking to 3rd graders.

Knight 7768 14315
  • 14 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

imagine being so mad that you have to tell others that you're mad without even offering any suggestions on how to alleviate how mad you are