Mordhau

Bastard Sword Should Have Longer Reach Than Longsword

78 114

To make it true to life. I know you guys aren't going for 100% realism, and that's a good thing for overall game play. But you guys do seem to try to respect certain physical aspects of weapons in terms of realism, such as simulated damage, reach, wind-up, etc. That's why I think the bastard sword needs it's stats changed to at least have a longer reach than longsword, since in real life it was slightly longer than longsword and considered to be an in-between of the long sword and great sword.

4 11
  • 13 Jul
 KanekiK

sorry but i think i gotta disagree. there arr some longswords smaller than some bastard swords but generally the bastard sword was considered inbewteen the arming sword (one handed) and longsword (two handed) wouldnt make much sense if a sword designed for one and two handed use was halfway between two two handed swords.

124 158

But we already have longsword, so you'd have to rename Bastard Sword to longersword.

138 218
  • 13 Jul
 DylanS_98

I see your point but from a game balance perspective this would be absolutely not good for the game.

Conscript 227 306

@SandorClegane said:
To make it true to life. I know you guys aren't going for 100% realism, and that's a good thing for overall game play. But you guys do seem to try to respect certain physical aspects of weapons in terms of realism, such as simulated damage, reach, wind-up, etc. That's why I think the bastard sword needs it's stats changed to at least have a longer reach than longsword, since in real life it was slightly longer than longsword and considered to be an in-between of the long sword and great sword.

Someone's been hitting that D&D

954 302

i own a Longsword, and a Arming Sword the ingame bastard sword is closer to a real life Arming sword than a actual Bastard swordVigilcollage.jpg Arming

Stewardcollage.jpg Longsword

67dc4b9ed00dc1f39794f1a1b2b46096.jpg heres a Bastard Sword (or Hand and a Half sword) and a Longsword side by side

Fun fact Bastard swords are still technical a longsword

954 302

t06yOm9.jpg heres the Zweihander supposibly owned by the Legendary Pirate Pier Gerlofs Donia

48 27
  • 19 Jul
 Velindian

Nah, jus let us 1-hand the longsword. Better yet, let us 1-hand mordhau grip it too. Make it mace speed to balance it or somethin.

181 165
  • 20 Jul
 Unlikely

A one-hand weapon of length X has a longer reach than a two-hand weapon of length X. That's because if I'm holding a one-hand weapon in my right hand, I turn to put my right foot forward, right shoulder forward, and so the right shoulder is closer to the target. With a two-hand weapon I can't do that (because if I did, my left hand couldn't reach the weapon).

Try it with a stick if that wasn't convincing.

954 302

@Unlikely said:
A one-hand weapon of length X has a longer reach than a two-hand weapon of length X. That's because if I'm holding a one-hand weapon in my right hand, I turn to put my right foot forward, right shoulder forward, and so the right shoulder is closer to the target. With a two-hand weapon I can't do that (because if I did, my left hand couldn't reach the weapon).

technicaly you can use a Zweihänder one handed in real life its just not very effective and a waste of energy

Conscript 227 306

@Antoniokontos said:

@Unlikely said:

technicaly you can use a Zweihänder one handed in real life its just not very effective and a waste of energy

1458432487212.jpg
why are you gay

954 302

@KIWI said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Unlikely said:

1458432487212.jpg
why are you gay

cause i like cock thats why

48 27
  • 24 Jul
 Velindian

@Antoniokontos said:

@Unlikely said:

nb4 1200ms windup, no combo, and 800ms release.

954 302

@Velindian said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Unlikely said:

nb4 1200ms windup, no combo, and 800ms release.

the Spanish and Italian manuals actually have a section on Thrusting it like a spear its quite interesting tumblr_inline_o54ij5O3E01u526p1_500.jpg

181 165
  • 25 Jul
 Unlikely

I do encounter the thrust depicted in the upper right. It's frustrating when you think you're out of range, but then the guy pulls a one-hand thrust and suddenly has several inches more reach than he had before.

Tournament rules (often written by people who study the German manuscripts) are gradually moving away from allowing thrusts like that to score. The thinking is that you aren't fully in control of the blade, and you definitely can't defend yourself from a quick counterattack.

Conscript 227 306

@Antoniokontos said:

@KIWI said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Unlikely said:

1458432487212.jpg
why are you gay

m-me too thank

954 302

@KIWI said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@KIWI said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Unlikely said:

1458432487212.jpg
why are you gay

m-me too thank

i like you Kiwi you birb bastard

Conscript 227 306

@Antoniokontos said:

@KIWI said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@KIWI said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@Unlikely said:

1458432487212.jpg
why are you gay

m-me too thank

i like you Kiwi you birb bastard