Mordhau

"'Mordhau' and the Fantasy of an All-White Middle Ages"

1579 1635
137 167
  • 14 Jul
 Atlas-D

@smug said:
See the problem is you think Trit is on your side.

Trit have said things like "power in the players hands" and something along the lines of "we want to avoid censorship." That just screams "1488 Racewar now," which according to you, is "my side."

137 167
  • 14 Jul
 Atlas-D

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
beliefs.png

Yes, it's completely reasonable to compare someone who actually had sexual activity with minors to random people on the internet with a controversial political ideology and people who use mean words to describe players who use playstyles they hate in a video game. Not every country has thought police, Cocyx.

717 604

@Atlas-D said:

beliefs.png

Yes, it's completely reasonable to compare someone who actually had sexual activity with minors to random people on the internet with a controversial political ideology and people who use mean words to describe players who use playstyles they hate in a video game. Not every country has thought police, Cocyx.

Nodding Sagely While Meditating On Top Of Ancient Mountain Wisely

129 181
  • 14 Jul
 CatR

@Atlas-D said:
Yes, it's completely reasonable to compare someone who actually had sexual activity with minors to [the Mordhau community] and [those guys who make 'Women shouldn't be equal to men' threads on the Steam forums]. Not every country has [laws], you sexy skeleton you.

Hmm.

403 601
  • 14 Jul
 smug

@Atlas-D said:

beliefs.png

This isn't about mean words in a videogame though.

Trit have said things like "power in the players hands" and something along the lines of "we want to avoid censorship." That just screams "1488 Racewar now," which according to you, is "my side."

Playing coy is pointless.

43 32
  • 14 Jul
 Alasdair

I'm sure this thread totally won't be filled with lies, Kafka traps and completely disingenuous nonsense again. Creating a with a european identity and history for whites doesn't mean you are aligning yourself with white nationalists. You are creating a product of a demographic of people that actually play and want the game straight white men. That's capitalism. They have no reason to not target demographics of people who want things from them there is nothing immoral about it. If you want third-worldist diverse game you should play another one. If this game goes woke it will go broke. No one here wants the Aunt Jemima, censorship, or The company to go woke politically or otherwise, we want more weapons, and maps. I bought the game because I thought they had a spine and would continue to build a game for the community, not be a coward and try to save their skin from internet activists role-playing as journalists.

43 32
  • 14 Jul
 Alasdair

@KonyHawkProSlaver said:
Vice turned to shit the minute Gavin left.

proud boys are just as lame as jordan peterson fans

Shut up and clean your pecker.

717 604

@Alasdair said:

@KonyHawkProSlaver said:
Vice turned to shit the minute Gavin left.

proud boys are just as lame as jordan peterson fans

Shut up and clean your pecker.

[in jordan peterson air-leaking-out-of-balloon voice] trans people don't exist, and women are like unicorns or whatever. buy my book

43 32
  • 14 Jul
 Alasdair

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
You say "literally every other game studio" but I have never played a game that censors speech in any way or that has (serious) repercussions for "bad" words. You're also providing a false dichotomy here, their options aren't just "censor speech" or "support white supremacy" lmao they can just ignore shit dumb shit like they've been doing and better enforce their already existing rules or any other fucking decision they come to

what games have u played. dota 2, league, csgo, overwatch, tf2, etc all deal out punishments for white supremacy/slur slinging/bigotry

not piece of shit meme games like those lmfao

you seem very in touch with reality

And there's a reason why we this game and not those games. it's not free to play, it's not full of skinner boxes, and microtransactions, and it's not full of censorship. it's a fun game that's the product I wanted to buy with the aesthetics, gameplay and community I wanted. I can't wait to be censored, defrauded, and banned from the game I paid for and power to be given to people who hate me. it'll be so great for the community.

92 38

ITS FUCKIN STUPID: i just want to anjay the game, if they will add new skinn color and female charakters then i will be happy but if ther is not gona be new gameplay updates that would be a real problem not some newspaper article made by some fuck and 10 pages of scandal that can be shorted to there is no black or female charakters YEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!, i like mordhau and i want to see this game grow in a positive way

129 181
  • 14 Jul
 CatR

@Alasdair said:
words words words words Creating a with a european identity and history for whites doesn't mean you are aligning yourself with white nationalists. You are creating a product of a demographic of people that actually play and want the game straight white men. words words words words

When you put it like that you've really opened my eyes. Can't believe Vice lied about what the community is like when it's obviously filled with well-meaning straight white people like you who just want a game catering exclusively to straight white men.

43 32
  • 14 Jul
 Alasdair

The developers of Mordhau, whether they planned to or not, have created an environment that is amenable to the viewpoints of white supremacist appropriators of medieval culture. They have assumed that by staying above the discussion of what does and does not constitute realism, that they could avoid taking a stance on some of these deeper issues—a position that draws uncomfortable parallels to large institutions not taking a stance in 2014’s GamerGate harassment campaigns. Without both a firm refutation of white nationalist sentiment and making the space of the game unfriendly to those ideologies, Triternion risks falling into the same traps as contemporary medievalists dealing with white supremacist infiltration.

Game dropping and then saying white supremacists stole their own history and spaces. If you don't censor people, if you don't give them power you are against them and they will try to destroy you this article is another threat to the developers. "capitulate and go woke debase and destroy your product and alienate your fanbase." They want power they are openly saying "make your spaces unfriendly to our political opposition." They aren't even trying to hide it. "how dare any space to celebrate or attract white identity without having it curtailed and destroyed." Sick of this crap. White supremacy at the end of the day just means "white identity and interests" they are trying to pathologize and ethnic group into giving up its spaces, media, identity, history, and interests or be destroyed. "no" I think I'll resist on that. if its a zero sum game resistance is not onlyt he only way its morally obligatory.

403 601
  • 14 Jul
 smug

Mordhau is a symbol of your “white identity”. Yeah I guess the vice article was completely wrong about the community.

43 32
  • 14 Jul
 Alasdair

@CatR said:

@Alasdair said:
words words words words Creating a with a european identity and history for whites doesn't mean you are aligning yourself with white nationalists. You are creating a product of a demographic of people that actually play and want the game straight white men. words words words words

When you put it like that you've really opened my eyes. Can't believe Vice lied about what the community is like when it's obviously filled with well-meaning straight white people like you who just want a game catering exclusively to straight white men.

Yeah free markets, if they want to target one demographic, sure its good. it made them millions. if they want to change and destroy the game after they've sold it to me that's actually immoral, not representing the rainbow coalition isn't transgression or immoral and you have no argument to support that claim either. yes, I want to buy something I enjoy, try harder to pathologize my self-interest, and identity a little more it might stick.

43 32
  • 14 Jul
 Alasdair

Ecks dee

Knight 7766 14286
  • 14 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

daily reminder

43 32
  • 14 Jul
 Alasdair

Irrelevant. Going woke will destroy the game. I'm sure that worked out well for mirage...oh wait...its not even on steam anymore and failed miserably as a product because it didn't satisfy anyone's interests. it had women and non-white architecture and art direction it failed the difference this game already successful and has already delivered the product changing it to post-launch to a community that's already decided what they want out of the game with years before you were involved in the conversation. You can post that link in every single thread this argument takes place in I don't care, I have an interest and I will voice it there is nothing you can do to stop that.

403 601
  • 14 Jul
 smug

Mordhau was a success because it had white ppl in it, and 90% of the sales were altrighters, and free speech absolutists.