Mordhau

"'Mordhau' and the Fantasy of an All-White Middle Ages"

1 3
  • 13 Jul
 OdinStiefel

Vice... I can remember when they wrote good articles about real problems.. war journalism and other good interesting topics.
Now they write about mordhau and its "white supremacy".

I am neither right or left... I just consider myself as a independent thinking human being.
So this whole thing about mordhau and race recently is one of the most irrelevant online discussions i have ever experienced.

Probably this all results from the huge success the game had on release and a lot of mainstream thoughts and opinions dwelling in on a small community and a small dev team.
A lot of people are offended by things written in game chat... There is a mute function. I mean what do you want more. Have you ever played rust (rust players will know) or any online game with in-game chat?
It's normal.. It's the internet. I dont give a shite what random internet people write in chat.
The game even gives you a sword and the ability to bring them to justice xD
I mean what is more satisfying than decapitating the shit talker with a sword?

Maybe they missed the chance to become all mainstream and popular. But that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.
They got a huge load of money at release. I hope they will spend it well on upcoming updates, maps, weapons and stuff like that... for players like me..... Players like me who don't care about discussing females and skin colors in an online game. Medieval enthusiasts, roleplayers, comp players and melee gods who just want to enjoy the game because it's fucking great.
This game is for us players who just want to be a fucking Knight and enjoy a good melee game.

Believe me or not. This discussion will be irrelevant in a few months. There will be a lot of players left and nobody will give a shit about this whole 2019 thing anymore.

Good work Triternion. Your game is great!

Sincerely, a lvl 70 casual knight from austria

20 38
  • 13 Jul
 Gatordile

@CatR said:
Because sure Mordhau is a game released where the only customisation options you have are being a white man, but you can be female soon! Very soon! And black! Or Asian! You can be all these things in the future just trust us NOW that all of this is coming in the future. The only reason it is delayed is because we have such a HIGH STANDARD that we wouldn't want to release LOW QUALITY CONTENT. That's literally the only reason. Just trust us, despite being given no reason to do so, despite the community showing that you really shouldn't; please trust us. The word filter? We'll release it when it's perfect, we'll release all the moderation features when they satisfy our personal standards. Don't worry, once they're all released you'll think yourself a fool for doubting us!

Or, perhaps, just maybe.

Now this is just, you know, a suggestion.

You know me, my silly suggestions.

How about taking responsibility for your actions?

Your entire argument is calling the community fascists because fascists likes swords and knights too. Nobody is writing articles about how serial killers and child molesters are attracted to Gordon Ramsay's food recipes, yet you claim that this article is not an attack on Mordhau.

1413 1485

I bet if someone wrote that article Gordon Ramsay would issue a statement that he doesn't support serial killers and child molesters.

Notice the difference?

Knight 7678 14083
  • 13 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@smug said:
At this point Trit has to make a statement that they infact don’t stand with white nationalists.

Why the hell would they need to make a statement about this when there is zero evidence that they do? You don't humor accusations of this sort. Doing so means that the accusation has any credibility at all, which it doesn't.

190 95

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smug said:
At this point Trit has to make a statement that they infact don’t stand with white nationalists.

Why the hell would they need to make a statement about this when there is zero evidence that they do? You don't humor accusations of this sort. Doing so means that the accusation has any credibility at all, which it doesn't.

has the be the most usefull and relevant thing you've ever posted...
gd job!

394 589
  • 13 Jul
 smug

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smug said:

The same reason why Trit had to respond with their first PR statement.

Knight 7678 14083
  • 13 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@smug said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smug said:

No, their first PR statement was about their own people saying incorrect things and pcgamer saying that they said things they didn't say. This would be them responding to a baseless accusation.

If someone walks up to me and says to me "you're a murderer and you rape children" then I don't sit around explaining to them that I don't murder people or rape children, I tell them to get the fuck away from me.

717 594

i mean it's obviously retarded that u have to say obvious things but sometimes journalists need obvious things spelled out for them cause they're insanely lazy and probably overworked. the devs are most likely not okay with white supremacy breeding in their community but they don't wanna upset the anti-libcuck ""free speech"" schizo ppl either by censoring them, but they're gonna have to choose a side soon. hopefully they choose the side that Literally Every Other Game Studio Does

394 589
  • 13 Jul
 smug

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smug said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smug said:

No, their first PR statement was about their own people saying incorrect things and pcgamer saying that they said things they didn't say. This would be them responding to a baseless accusation.

If someone walks up to me and says to me "you're a murderer and you rape children" then I don't sit around explaining to them that I don't murder people or rape children, I tell them to get the fuck away from me.

The first articles were full of baseless accusations too.

Knight 7678 14083
  • 13 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

You say "literally every other game studio" but I have never played a game that censors speech in any way or that has (serious) repercussions for "bad" words. You're also providing a false dichotomy here, their options aren't just "censor speech" or "support white supremacy" lmao they can just ignore shit dumb shit like they've been doing and better enforce their already existing rules or any other fucking decision they come to

34 37

Vice turned to shit the minute Gavin left.

717 594

@ToLazy4Name said:
You say "literally every other game studio" but I have never played a game that censors speech in any way or that has (serious) repercussions for "bad" words. You're also providing a false dichotomy here, their options aren't just "censor speech" or "support white supremacy" lmao they can just ignore shit dumb shit like they've been doing and better enforce their already existing rules or any other fucking decision they come to

what games have u played. dota 2, league, csgo, overwatch, tf2, etc all deal out punishments for white supremacy/slur slinging/bigotry

717 594

@KonyHawkProSlaver said:
Vice turned to shit the minute Gavin left.

proud boys are just as lame as jordan peterson fans

Knight 7678 14083
  • 13 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

what games have u played. dota 2, league, csgo, overwatch, tf2, etc all deal out punishments for white supremacy/slur slinging/bigotry

not piece of shit meme games like those lmfao

717 594

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

you seem very in touch with reality

67 92
  • 13 Jul
 SoRoofless

I’m no historian, but I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts there weren’t very many black medieval warriors at all. Maybe like one or two?

That’s besides the main point—Mordhau definitely needs more black lesbians or I just won’t be happy. I’m getting so unhappy I might just stomp my feet!

717 594

guess this is what happens when an isolated social bubble gets popped lol

Boop

Knight 7678 14083
  • 13 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

I wasn't aware that "reality" was shitty games, thank you for enlightening me

717 594

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

I wasn't aware that "reality" was shitty games, thank you for enlightening me

if ur makin an argument that games don't censor those sort of things but have no idea what the most popular games are like, i mean. are u really that crazy

1413 1485

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smug said:

I for one am not convinced that they don't condone white nationalists.

There is evidence that they stand with white nationalists. All the forum posts they didn't delete although they are against the rules.
There also is evidence that they oppose this nationalism. Ironically this is better hidden though. Because bans have been issued in silence.
In the end it's up to them to clarify where they stand. At the moment both assumptions are valid.