Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

I was demoted 15 levels (92 to 77) for no apparent reason

10 3
  • 12 Jul '19
 NordikaMan

Yesterday my account was demoted from lvl 92 to 77. I wasn't able to earn gold or XP. But I still have access to the lvl 90 cosmetic unlocks...

Today I'm still appearing as lvl 77. Still have access to the lvl 90 cosmetic unlocks. But now I'm earning gold and XP again, however it's just counting up from lvl 77...

Why is this happening? How do I get my levels back (without grinding them out again)?

Proof: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1801844869

957 312
  • 13 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

its still there just a major bug

14 9

I was hit by this and 'lost' 56 levels. I gained them back after 4 days, so it's just a random timeframe. Any gold and xp that I'd gained was kept.

10 3
  • 17 Jul '19
 NordikaMan

Any update from a dev on why this is happening and if it will sort itself out or needs to be addressed by them in some way? Please?

10 3
  • 18 Jul '19
 NordikaMan

Hello?

14 9

Devs are aware of the issue. It does seem that the issue will sort itself out, but the devs will probably make a fix for it to prevent it from happening again. Though, this won't be a priority since the issue is purely a visual one.

1757 1417
  • 18 Jul '19
 Rergato

Did you type the n-word in chat? Or call someone a "stupid bitch"? You lose levels if you do that.

10 3
  • 15 Aug '19
 NordikaMan

Just wanted to come back and post that the lost levels did eventually come back (took about two weeks).

5 2
  • 15 Aug '19
 JORAH

From: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/19080/mordhau-development-update-july/?page=1

While the majority of progression/gold issues have been fixed, there are a few persistent bugs remaining with our backend system. We’re looking to switch to a more reliable backend system that will handle player inventory, purchasing items, and player progression to resolve these issues for good.

298 144
  • 15 Aug '19
 CarnifeX

I dont have hope they will fix my level and progress for real,
i mean, i dont think they can truly find these lost xp/gold/lvl somewhere after weeks/month

i already lost like 10 lvls by this weird backstep-bug, where i reached a lvl after a round,
and then start again on the old level at beginning...

end round - end 95 >>> start 96
next round - back to start 95 again

its quite clear for me, that the system didnt saved this
and this is a shame

46 17
  • 15 Aug '19
 norshin

I heard if you play bad you actually lose ranks :p

2021 2108
  • 15 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

I still have my ranks, so that can't be it. ;)