Mordhau

Long weapons should be ineffective in very close combat

534 286
  • 14 Jul
 Gambit

@Antoniokontos said:
Tbh to use my Zweihänder I can only wear t1 armor so I make a mistake I die instantly it’s made me play smarter than when I was a Shield bastard in full plate

I run 222 with my zwei build. I don't think any perks are worth it over the difference.

I have a signature

523 566
  • 14 Jul
 Deadmode

The only reason you see more 2h weapons is because of the ttk. That doesn't mean they are more effective, it just means that your enemy can make less mistakes before they die.

2h weapons are also much slower. The accel argument is only semi-valid as you haven't taken into account windup times and overall release times, the latter dictating sword swing speed. Saying a 360 zwei swing beats a longsword is just plain false.

If 2h are the 'elite' and best option, it's funny that the super-tough-to-beat build in the Venatus NA Duel tourney was buckler and bastard sword...

11 39

@Badass_Ben said:

@Gambit said:
There's no point in this. Long weapons are slow, short weapons are fast. Why should long weapons have another disadvantage?

if long vs short weapons were equally balanced, you would see an equal number of them

We don't
Its obvious two handers are dominant.

Because people whine and complain, or call you a noob if you use anything OTHER than a two hander. They say "takes no skill" and then behave like a child.

57 26
  • 15 Jul
 Odd

@Gambit said:
There's no point in this. Long weapons are slow, short weapons are fast. Why should long weapons have another disadvantage?

Longswords are just longer bastard swords that do more damage and are a bit slower.

I mean anything can be sonic speed fast it just depends on footwork like to be to the side of your opponent and so the start up of a swing hits them super early.

48 18
  • 15 Jul
 Luward

@Atlas-D said:
then make them do more dmg, also in real life if you get so close tthatt I can't swing I'll just shove you and maybe even shove you in the face. We can'tt do that in this game so whatever.

Default controls are F to kick and do this. Stop spreading misinformation.

954 302

@Gambit said:

@Antoniokontos said:
Tbh to use my Zweihänder I can only wear t1 armor so I make a mistake I die instantly it’s made me play smarter than when I was a Shield bastard in full plate

I run 222 with my zwei build. I don't think any perks are worth it over the difference.

I have a signature

i choose 1/1/1 cause landsknecht =) just want my hat

954 302

Bad-war.jpg Please add Pushes of pikes please