Mordhau

RE:Poleaxe

14 10
  • 12 Jul '19
 Murmillo

One of my favorite weapons in the game, but when compared to other similar weapons it needs help. Any chance of a warhammer like treatment of this weapon?

404 604
  • 12 Jul '19
 smug

the poleaxe slays bro

17 29
  • 12 Jul '19
 Khakedais

Like in Chivalry, I found it just too short to keep using. It's nonsense that the alt mode is even shorter tbh

14 10
  • 12 Jul '19
 Murmillo

I have no real issue in choking up on the weapon when the mode is changed. It is a versatile weapon in that respect, however choking up on the weapon aka swapping modes also slows it down. That. Makes no sense to me.

Along with comparing it to other weapons of course.

80 117
  • 12 Jul '19
 PinkerStinklage

@Murmillo said:
One of my favorite weapons in the game, but when compared to other similar weapons it needs help. Any chance of a warhammer like treatment of this weapon?

Similar weapons? What do you mean, other 6 cost weapons or other polearms? Gotta be a bit more specific

70 60
  • 12 Jul '19
 Yadyoy

@Murmillo said:

The poleaxe is perfectly viable, two shots armor in alt mode, headshot-bodyshot, great stabs, insane drags, decent accels. This post is completely pointless. Can you actually play the game before suggesting all this nonsense.

14 10
  • 12 Jul '19
 Murmillo

@PinkerStinklage said:

@Murmillo said:

Similar weapons? What do you mean, other 6 cost weapons or other polearms? Gotta be a bit more spe

Using pole arms as a basis; in general when a weapon or in this case a pole weapon alt mode gets shorter they tend to improve speed. Use the battle axe as a good example. It takes a hit to reach for improved speed. Now admittedly the poleaxe sees a re-distribution of damage due to it being a different damage "Type" blunt weapon vs slash. So it also takes on the stop on hit attribute, a loss of 15cm of reach, and 25ms of added delay time on the swing. These faults, or penalty effects for it being in alt mode I feel when compared to other weapons of that make are a touch to much.

80 117
  • 12 Jul '19
 PinkerStinklage

I get youre reasoning behind why you think shorter alt mode weapons should be a tad faster if the reach is shorter, but we're also talking about a weapon that goes from 3htk to t3 head to 2htk with only headshot. As for the stats, and how much it costs point wise, I think poleaxe is in a good spot, and any change would feel unnecessary to me.

63 55
  • 13 Jul '19
 Kashi

Honestly the weapon is near perfect , my only gripe is the alt mode being 15 cm shorter

Up its reach back to 105 and it would be a good versatile tool for team fighting to punish wiffs where I find the lowered range abit obnoxious especially noticeable when you try to overhead and bairly wiff what the main mode would have hit

If anything making the range 105 for both modes would help p consistency so you get a good feel for the range all together

Edit:alt mode 15 cm not 10cm shorter

Duke 553 939
  • 13 Jul '19
 Goatie

My only problem with it is overheads are really easy to dodge compared to faster weapons but I think that's to do with the tracers where they added that floaty curve off in alpha. That's a problem with all weapons though and I think is being looked at.

63 55
  • 13 Jul '19
 Kashi

@Goatie said:
My only problem with it is overheads are really easy to dodge compared to faster weapons but I think that's to do with the tracers where they added that floaty curve off in alpha. That's a problem with all weapons though and I think is being looked at.

overheads are fairly easy to dodge yeah but its very important to use them in team fights so you dont whack your team in the back of the head , our dear zwei enthusiast like to do

957 309
  • 13 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

Just alt Zwei everyone