Mordhau

Buff Shields, leave horses be.

14 10
  • 12 Jul '19
 Murmillo

Well this one hopefully won't turn into another flame war, but I suspect as it is a topic at hand people have strong feelings and will spit them out regardless.

Horses are a fun mechanic. They have multiple counters; arrows, engi walls and spikes, now javelins work wonders against them, bill hooks, or if you are paying attention you can simply walk out of the way or parry/block the incoming attack at the cost of a knock down.
Much of the problem with horses in the current game isn't the horse. It is the current desire to only use two handed weapons, rush into combat and zweicopter away. Almost no one is willing to take the time to adapt to the battle conditions, as well as archers being looked down upon almost as much as horsemen or shield users. Those that adapt and overcome are able to remove horsemen from a match pretty rapidly. Or just ignore them till the point they approach and become a viable target.
Having spent quite a bit of time in this game most players when faced with a horse stop moving, and wind back to swing. The key issue here is... they stop moving.

Shields; already hit with the nerf bat within a week of the game. Had the surface area they cover reduced, already reduce your turn speed. The best use of them is the held block when engaging multiple opponents or archers as you advance. They are the current 'Beef' with most players taking the place of rapiers and other tools in the game as the most hated object. Why? Well yet again the desire to wail away with two handed weapons. What most players are looking for is the fastest most efficient way to remove an enemy player from combat, the shield user puts a massive damper on things like war axes or mauls. Being able to stop a slower weapon cold unless the maul/axe user is smart enough to again side step the now smaller surface of the shield and strike the user anyway.
I'm not going to debate the previous nerf, smaller surface area requires a level of skill to block opponents more so when dealing with frontlines and multiple attackers. However with the massive hit on damage shield users take due to a lack of reach I would like to suggest allowing shield users to attack while having the shield active. Albeit at less reach, perhaps a higher stamina cost.

As a side note, it would be nice to be able to block with the pavise when it is in carry mode rather then just lugging it about. People might make use of it if it was a more active item rather then just a 1 point thing to stick on your back to block arrows.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 12 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

How does one even begin to explain how bad this post is

Horses have a 1 shot that outranges you no matter what and shields negate over half of the game's mechanics. They need changes.

1697 1292
  • 12 Jul '19
 esturias

@Murmillo said:
Horses are a fun mechanic.

Agreed, but only for egomaniacs who like to use completely gamebreaking features that ruin the game of other people.
No, seriously. Horses are just broken. Everyone with the slightest understanding of gamebalance will understand that.

Shields need stamina drain or something, apart from that I don't find them too annoying. But then again, here I lack experience.
But a buff? Hell no.

Sooo... yes, bad post.

70 60
  • 12 Jul '19
 Yadyoy

I was almost sure this was a troll post until you linked the video, then I knew we were dealing with a new breed. I'd like to start off by suggesting that you play the game for more than ten minutes before defending things you have absolutely no knowledge about. If you play the game regularly then I'm sorry, but godspeed.

192 100
  • 12 Jul '19
 THE-REAL-WARSAW

@Murmillo said:
Well this one hopefully won't turn into another flame war, but I suspect as it is a topic at hand people have strong feelings and will spit them out regardless.

Horses are a fun mechanic. They have multiple counters; arrows, engi walls and spikes, now javelins work wonders against them, bill hooks, or if you are paying attention you can simply walk out of the way or parry/block the incoming attack at the cost of a knock down.
Much of the problem with horses in the current game isn't the horse. It is the current desire to only use two handed weapons, rush into combat and zweicopter away. Almost no one is willing to take the time to adapt to the battle conditions, as well as archers being looked down upon almost as much as horsemen or shield users. Those that adapt and overcome are able to remove horsemen from a match pretty rapidly. Or just ignore them till the point they approach and become a viable target.
Having spent quite a bit of time in this game most players when faced with a horse stop moving, and wind back to swing. The key issue here is... they stop moving.

Shields; already hit with the nerf bat within a week of the game. Had the surface area they cover reduced, already reduce your turn speed. The best use of them is the held block when engaging multiple opponents or archers as you advance. They are the current 'Beef' with most players taking the place of rapiers and other tools in the game as the most hated object. Why? Well yet again the desire to wail away with two handed weapons. What most players are looking for is the fastest most efficient way to remove an enemy player from combat, the shield user puts a massive damper on things like war axes or mauls. Being able to stop a slower weapon cold unless the maul/axe user is smart enough to again side step the now smaller surface of the shield and strike the user anyway.
I'm not going to debate the previous nerf, smaller surface area requires a level of skill to block opponents more so when dealing with frontlines and multiple attackers. However with the massive hit on damage shield users take due to a lack of reach I would like to suggest allowing shield users to attack while having the shield active. Albeit at less reach, perhaps a higher stamina cost.

As a side note, it would be nice to be able to block with the pavise when it is in carry mode rather then just lugging it about. People might make use of it if it was a more active item rather then just a 1 point thing to stick on your back to block arrows.

you are 100% right, they don't need a buff and are fine.
they are all haters of anything that stops their 12 ft 2 handed zweicopter meta fan boy wank fest.

Keep fighting the good fight brotha.

sadly these trolls will never be happy till they are handed the most watered down fkn nerfest of combat and can run around as aunt Jemima jacking each other off thinking they are good wondering why its the 12 of them in 8 months on empty servers with 8 maps in the game...

there is no cure for shields to make both 1v1 fair and 1vmany fair in their eyes sadly these kids nowadays need animations that lock you into free hits, more weapon range less turn cap and faster characters that kill in 1 hit to feel accomplished, too lazy to change kits but want to dictate and nerf how you play with yours...

then they come with the you need to git " gud " garbage and shields are unfair cause you can just block my attacks.
well no shit genious that's what a fkn shield is for buttercup.

SIRE THEY'RE HOLDING THEIR SHEILDS UP AGAIN AND BLOCKING OUR ATTACKS, WE CANT JUST MASH LMB AND KILL THEM IN 1 HIT WHAAAAAAA.

half the forum trolls sound just like that.

smh.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 12 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

are you a peacerer alt? it's obvious that you're trolling but I can't tell if you just sound very similar to peacerer or if you're emulating him

70 60
  • 13 Jul '19
 Yadyoy

@ToLazy4Name said:
are you a peacerer alt? it's obvious that you're trolling but I can't tell if you just sound very similar to peacerer or if you're emulating him

I don't think he can read. I'm pretty sure he's using a voice to text app to post these comments.

290 268
  • 13 Jul '19
 Atlas-D

@Murmillo said:

I've never seen such a disgusting pile of retard rambling in these forums. Horses are only fun when you're on them. For literally everyone else it is a disease. You got lag shielded go carts that can instakill anything, have superior reach to anyone (spear or lance) and can run away whenever desired. Lets also not forget that MADDENING horse bump stun, which is annoying as fuck for teammates and enemies alike. They're annoying.

As for this smooth-brain jibber jabber

"It is the current desire to only use two handed weapons, rush into combat and zweicopter away."

This is because this is the high-skill, high-risk, high-reward playstyle. You know, unlike the low-risk, high-reward horseriding. People do this and it is popular because it is fun, effective, but takes a lot of skill to pull off.

As for archer and ranged hate, it's never anything really serious, and when it is serious, it's nowhere near as vitriolic as anti-whorse rhetoric.

"Why? Well yet again the desire to wail away with two handed weapons. What most players are looking for is the fastest most efficient way to remove an enemy player from combat, the shield user puts a massive damper on things like war axes or mauls."

Because two handed weapons take far more skill to use than shield trash, and is far funner and healthier for the game. Shields bypass drags, accels, feints and morphs, turning the fight into a painful and suicide inducing stamina war. If a shield player plays optimially, he can literally just keep stabbing and backwalking when it's your turn to attack so your kick will never reach, and drag the fight on for 60 or more seconds of riposte exchanging, or god forbid, stab chambering nonsense. Let me make this clear again. TWO HANDED WEAPONS TAKE MORE SKILL TO USE AND IS HEALTHIER FOR GAMEPLAY THAN SHIELD CANCER. Welcome to reality.

957 312
  • 13 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

Make horse Balls

Emperor 400 927
  • 13 Jul '19
 Soulcatcher

buff shields

hahahahaha

didnt even read your post

smfh play a 2h for a few hundred hours and duel some competent shield 'users' it's boring and slow and just the non shield idiot having to read everything and just spam attacks to outstam

wtf lol, let them block... while attacking?

lol what

84 137
  • 13 Jul '19
 IllOmens

Disable horse force field that magically staggers you just by being in the vicinity unless the horse is moving at full speed