Mordhau

Would you want "parry left" and "parry right" buttons?

34 23
  • 12 Jul
 Aodlop

We can have hotkeys to perform mouse actions and swing our weapon in every way, but we can't have that for parry...yet. Would you want to?

Knight 626 957
  • 12 Jul
 VampireDuck

whats the point?

Conscript 226 306

@Aodlop said:
We can have hotkeys to perform mouse actions and swing our weapon in every way, but we can't have that for parry...yet. Would you want to?

Blocks don't work like M&B. By having the enemies weapon at the centre of your screen as you parry, you essentially do a directional block as you only block at that point and not all around yourself. It's pointless in this game.
Now if you're suggesting that we have held directional block ie. full M&B mode, you might as well go play M&B as this game's pacing and balancing is way different.

47 33
  • 22 Jul
 mr_jah

Point is to break animation. Yeah so far those who want to do this has to use 240 if i get it right, dude just want to use same broken parry animation strikes with binds.

Knight 626 957
  • 22 Jul
 VampireDuck

@mr_jah said:
Point is to break animation. Yeah so far those who want to do this has to use 240 if i get it right, dude just want to use same broken parry animation strikes with binds.

what are u talking about? there is nothing broken about the parry animations.

Knight 529 1849
  • 23 Jul
 LuxCandidus

@VampireDuck said:
what are u talking about? there is nothing broken about the parry animations.

Riposte animations are different depending on whether you riposte from a left parry or right parry. Ripostes from the opposite direction of your parry result in more floaty, ambiguous attacks. @mr_jah is saying the point of having dedicated buttons for left parry and right parry would be to break the animations easier, and he is right.

Knight 626 957
  • 23 Jul
 VampireDuck

@LuxCandidus said:

@VampireDuck said:
what are u talking about? there is nothing broken about the parry animations.

Riposte animations are different depending on whether you riposte from a left parry or right parry. Ripostes from the opposite direction of your parry result in more floaty, ambiguous attacks. @mr_jah is saying the point of having dedicated buttons for left parry and right parry would be to break the animations easier, and he is right.

I see, thanks for clarifying.

6 2
  • 31 Jul
 Khashius

With dagger; when I parry right in response to somebody's swing that starts from the left, and vice versa, I pretty much always avoid that strike. If enemy enters recovery they get two dagger swipes to the face. It is very rewarding try it. (Remember you can throw the dagger too)