Mordhau

What morhau really needs.

11 8
  • 12 Jul
 Volodymyr

MORDHAU needs maps. It does not need females or ethnicities. Why does it not need these things. Well the only people that care so much for them that they cant wait for them and keep pestering you and saying your racist devs because you cant make them fast enough is the SJWs. They don't play games don't be the BF5 of the slashers and crumble to them. They don't play games regular non mentally insane individuals do. And most people can agree that you should make maps and let maps be made instead of making new skins. Cause that's what they are really new skins. Would anyone want new skins over a new map? I don't think so.

So now that we got that out of the way how do you make all these maps people want so bad? You don't, you let them make it. That's right no need for the you guys the devs to make the maps I mean you still can but since your a small disconjointed team its going to be hard and not enough for what we all need. What I suggest is two very simple things. MAP EDITING AND MAKING TOOLS, CUSTOM GAMES.

With these two ingredients you can post things like post your kniggas but only for say maps and modes. The best ones may get to be on the official list. So all in all you take what the players make and you add them to the game if they are good. This makes players happy and keeps them coming back and takes a huge load of you so you can fix stuff and patch stuff.

Sorry for being blunt here but that's how I am. Like I said MAP EDITING AND MAKING TOOLS and CUSTOM GAMES will keep your game alive indefinitely. Adding females or ethnicities wont. They just really wont keep your gang alive. You can add them but they should be like 5 on the priorities list.

Another thing is toxicity and you guys are well aware this is a problem. I suggest put a snippet in the tutorial for muting chat so people can learn to do it easy. This way no one has to hear anything or see anything they don't want to.

My last thing is communication. The games losing players and were barley hearing a peep people are getting board with the maps and want more. Come on guys don't let this game die we love this damn thing and want to see it stay alive.

Conscript 737 1543
  • 12 Jul
 ohshitsorry

morhau needs "d" in its title

1543 1614

@ohshitsorry said:
morhau needs "d" in its title

Cocyx needs d in his life.

badum-tss

Knight 254 682
  • 12 Jul
 Iodine

what did he mean by this?

523 569
  • 12 Jul
 Deadmode

@Volodymyr said:
They don't play games regular non mentally insane individuals do.

So why do you care if you don't even play Mordhau?

192 99

@Volodymyr said:
MORDHAU needs maps. It does not need females or ethnicities. Why does it not need these things. Well the only people that care so much for them that they cant wait for them and keep pestering you and saying your racist devs because you cant make them fast enough is the SJWs. They don't play games don't be the BF5 of the slashers and crumble to them. They don't play games regular non mentally insane individuals do. And most people can agree that you should make maps and let maps be made instead of making new skins. Cause that's what they are really new skins. Would anyone want new skins over a new map? I don't think so.

So now that we got that out of the way how do you make all these maps people want so bad? You don't, you let them make it. That's right no need for the you guys the devs to make the maps I mean you still can but since your a small disconjointed team its going to be hard and not enough for what we all need. What I suggest is two very simple things. MAP EDITING AND MAKING TOOLS, CUSTOM GAMES.

With these two ingredients you can post things like post your kniggas but only for say maps and modes. The best ones may get to be on the official list. So all in all you take what the players make and you add them to the game if they are good. This makes players happy and keeps them coming back and takes a huge load of you so you can fix stuff and patch stuff.

Sorry for being blunt here but that's how I am. Like I said MAP EDITING AND MAKING TOOLS and CUSTOM GAMES will keep your game alive indefinitely. Adding females or ethnicities wont. They just really wont keep your gang alive. You can add them but they should be like 5 on the priorities list.

Another thing is toxicity and you guys are well aware this is a problem. I suggest put a snippet in the tutorial for muting chat so people can learn to do it easy. This way no one has to hear anything or see anything they don't want to.

My last thing is communication. The games losing players and were barley hearing a peep people are getting board with the maps and want more. Come on guys don't let this game die we love this damn thing and want to see it stay alive.

I agree 1000%!
Aunt Jemima patch is useless and does nothing to the gameplay we are bored with now, new skins wont make the same maps any better tbh.

As a modder and a modded server admin for years and through several games over the past decades I've dedicated hundreds of hrs of my time to admining and modding to give the players more fun epic ways to play a game.

NOTHING will make a game more playable and fun as mods and new maps can do.

Just a touch of low gravity alone will instantly spruce up just about any game, new places you can get to in the map previously off limits or unreachable and literally 1000's of new ways to kill ppl from jump down from above attacks or jump attacks at close range with upward or overhand strikes, let me tell you nothing beats doing a multiple air chamber in mordhau, it is sum epic shit no doubt and you cant find that action anywhere but on a MODDED server.

In chivalry we literally had over a 100 mods on our server and it was the most fast paced hardcore epic action and fun you could find in that game!

We would do these slow motion " matrix " rounds at 85% game speed every 3 or 4 games
which was literally like playing in the movie 300!

Not only did it offer sum epic drags/accels to be learned and completed but it actually made you a better player as you could actually see the moves that always fooled you and your brain would learn to recognize these visual cues, plus it gave the brain and hand a break from the fast paced action of boosted player movement speeds and all the other awesome shit we had going on.

We are running the same Modded concept of server in this game as most of the settings are similar and have achieved a few of the settings like the cmw server had like the low grav, more kills, low respawns, more carnage, True shields and a way to do a hoarde style rendition on FL maps that lets you spawns as much as you want.

We are about at a standstill with modding tho as the settings in the ini files we are trying to edit simply do not work when edited.

Ppl like US need the SDK to make more maps and mods for You guys to play!

Game has great core mechanics but we need a lot more stuff to do in many diff ways to keep this alive and some what interesting.

Mods and Maps and Admin tools for Moderation are the lifeblood of any games long term future and success.

129 181
  • 12 Jul
 CatR

Wrong, actually Morlaugh needs:

• Soup bowl stations so soldiers can eat soup which was a big part of medieval combat
  • Two new types of music. The music just isn't there, two new types would make Morhaug GOTY 2019
  • Pole hammer. The game already has pole axe but no pole hammer??? Try AGAIN!
  • Height customisation. I am tall and I don't see why I should have to be short like everyone else in this game. I am not used to not seeing over the heads of other people.
  • New game mode: War. War happens and then there are objectives and also a spawn point system. Details not important let Trinternion do the balancing I'm ideas only but if you want to pay me above minimum wage for ideas my contact is my PM box!

Thank you and Satan bless you.

955 694
  • 12 Jul
 esturias

As I wrote a few times already - Morhau needs GOOD maps. No point adding more maps at the level of Crossroads. Mapdesign is a major issue in this game and before they add more maps, they need to learn how to make (good) maps. Balanced maps. Maps that don't get your character stuck every five meters. maps without all kinds of other glitches.
Again: GOOD maps.

And about those map modding tools: Good idea, but there we have the next problem. For something like that to work properly, you need a developing team that communicates with the playerbase and you need somebody dedicated to modering and looking after those projects. You will have people willing to invest time and dedication even without anyone caring, but with proper care, that thing could flourish and give birth to many awesome ressources for the devs to dig in.
Again: No chance with the current direction of the game.

274 320
  • 12 Jul
 DrGert

To clarify.. I don’t think any dev has said that female models are priority. All they’ve said is that we WILL get them. At some point.

I feel like people are assuming they are prioritizing females and ethnicities over larger updates just because it gets talked about so much.

Point being - they are currently working on maps, not females, to the best of my knowledge.

Edit: The female models are nearly completed BTW and have been for a long time I believe. It’s all in the games .ini file.

529 280

What it really needs: Scrap the CMW outdated turn based parry mechanics, enhance the sword clashing mechanics. Add weight to weapons. And I could probably go on, but these devs, and this community will not listen. So GG we can only wait and see what CMW-2 has in store for us, see wtf that double arm stroke thing they were talking about is about.

129 181
  • 12 Jul
 CatR

Well tell me what you need what you really really need!
I wanna I wanna I wanna I wanna I wanna I really really really wanna zig zag-ah!

1543 1614

If you wanna be my slasher, you really need content. Jut release the mod kit, then I'll stay your frie-end.

15 72
  • 12 Jul
 Eggplant

Have the devs even said they're actively working on adding female characters and other skin tones? I think those are just on their list of things to add in the future, not what they're working on right now. It would be helpful if they could release a development roadmap so we could see what order they plan on releasing different things.

274 320
  • 12 Jul
 DrGert

More, how?

957 306

MORDHAU NEEDS BIRD SEX

201 402
  • 13 Jul
 serbish

if anyone is interested in learning ue4 level design tools please contact me on discord. obviously map design is triternions weakness, but we can help them if we work together. heres an image of one of my current levels at an early stage

FB_IMG_1562744202270.jpg

955 694
  • 13 Jul
 esturias

@SherbershLemel said:
heres an image of one of my current levels at an early stage

Sorry, but if you want to get taken any seriously with your work, you shouldn't show a picture of a completely random wall and call it a "level".
Instead, you should show a rough sketch of your level idea and some rendered elements of it.

201 402
  • 13 Jul
 serbish

@esturias said:

@SherbershLemel said:

Sorry, but if you want to get taken any seriously with your work, you shouldn't show a picture of a completely random wall and call it a "level".
Instead, you should show a rough sketch of your level idea and some rendered elements of it.

why expect a fully blocked out level from someone with no funding and little time. also im offering to help people with their own ideas, i dont need help on my own work. the image just proves anybody can make levels, and mine is in an early stage.

you are part of the issue at large really, all expectations and demands, but no contribution

957 306

@SherbershLemel said:

@esturias said:

@SherbershLemel said:

why expect a fully blocked out level from someone with no funding and little time. also im offering to help people with their own ideas, i dont need help on my own work. the image just proves anybody can make levels, and mine is in an early stage.

you are part of the issue at large really, all expectations and demands, but no contribution

yeah they are the Toxic type of community member

955 694
  • 13 Jul
 esturias

@SherbershLemel said:
why expect a fully blocked out level

No idea. I didn't. Read again.
I told you to post a SKETCH of a level, to share an idea. To have something to talk about. Mapdesign isn't just about bulding random things and slapping them together. That#s one of the LAST steps. What about starting at the beginning?

the image just proves anybody can make levels, and mine is in an early stage.

Kudos for the efforts, but that's a random wall, not a level.

1. Sorry to burst your bubble, but so far that's no contribution.
  2. How do you know about my contribution?
  3. And yes, when I buy a game, I expect a basic level of content. And if that isn't there, there really is no shame in demanding something.

@Antoniokontos said:
yeah they are the Toxic type of community member

Bad trolling, kid. Try harder.