Mordhau

I'm really starting to worry...

58 129
  • 12 Jul
 Quadsword

I'm on US east which should be the most populated region or close to it, yet I can only see a handful of populated frontline servers with decent ping. The only other game modes that have anyone in them are duel yards and horde (mostly gold farming servers). FFA, TDM, and Skirmish are all ghost towns.

Devs, I think it might be time to stop being so quiet and actually start communicating. We don't know when the next patch will go live or even what will be in it.

69 55

Keep in mind the pings listed on the master server list are all wrong. You won't know your true ping until you actually go into the server.

274 320
  • 12 Jul
 DrGert

It’s not that they’re being silent they’ve just seldomly responded to a few threads here and there about plans for the future. So I don’t blame most people for missing the devs responses.

To my knowledge, they haven’t made major public announcements. I think a weekly dev blog would clear up a lot of confusion and ease some of the worry players have. But rest assured, they ARE infact working on updates and improvements. They just haven’t given us an ETA because they themselves don’t know when it will be finished.

For now, we know that they are working on a new map (Feitora), 1v1 ranked, content and general polish. SDK is in the works but apparently a long term project.

3 5
  • 12 Jul
 .fudô

If they're not going to use the $10,000,000+ they profited in sales to hire experienced studio developers, they should at least hurry up and expend their effort releasing an SDK so the game can be built for them while they figure out the logistics of managing a game this large.

26 17
  • 12 Jul
 Nauht

@.fudô said:
If they're not going to use the $10,000,000+ they profited in sales to hire experienced studio developers, they should at least hurry up and expend their effort releasing an SDK so the game can be built for them while they figure out the logistics of managing a game this large.

It's way more than that isn't it? iIRC somewhere that they sold over 1 mil Steam copies.. so that's after the Kickstarter.

291 116

I'm used to this in other suggestion forums (Rust) I posted a lot and never got official response, although they added some stuff that was closely related to what I suggested. They just don't have the time to talk to everyone so only a small percentage get an actual response when the Issue they brought up is being worked on.

58 129
  • 12 Jul
 Quadsword

@DrGert said:
It’s not that they’re being silent they’ve just seldomly responded to a few threads here and there about plans for the future. So I don’t blame most people for missing the devs responses.

To my knowledge, they haven’t made major public announcements. I think a weekly dev blog would clear up a lot of confusion and ease some of the worry players have. But rest assured, they ARE infact working on updates and improvements. They just haven’t given us an ETA because they themselves don’t know when it will be finished.

For now, we know that they are working on a new map (Feitora), 1v1 ranked, content and general polish. SDK is in the works but apparently a long term project.

They need to do a total revamp of frontline and every map. This is what happens when all the devs' work goes into the mechanics and none into the modes or maps to supplement them. Frontline gets stale really quickly.

I don't know. Just seems more and more like casual players were a total afterthought and all their emphasis was on high level duels.

274 320
  • 12 Jul
 DrGert

@Quadsword said:

@DrGert said:

They need to do a total revamp of frontline and every map. This is what happens when all the devs' work goes into the mechanics and none into the modes or maps to supplement them. Frontline gets stale really quickly.

I don't know. Just seems more and more like casual players were a total afterthought and all their emphasis was on high level duels.

I do think that casuals were the target audience for frontline but I don’t disagree with anything else you’ve said. I don’t think ranked 1v1 should be a top priority tbh, although I am personally looking forward to it.

Just wanted to share what I know as far as development updates go.