Mordhau

Shield fix

5 0
  • 11 Jul
 ZaZaika

At the moment, the shields with unlimited block do not work quite right. The problem is in the disappearance of the block immediately when the right-click is released.It is enough to release the block for a millisecond and the damage passes, although visually nothing has changed. I often have moments when the blows went "through the block", as I usually weaken the right-click and prepare for the repost. block 0.1-0.2 seconds after removing the block with shields, this should make the block more stable and at the same time it will be easier to punch them with a kick.
P.S I am from Russia and I do not know English well. I used google translate.

4 10
  • 11 Jul
 Gimmic

No. It's already difficult enough to time block removal to avoid kick as it is. If you release block early and allow a hit through, that is on you already.
Hold the block until you don't need it.

5 0
  • 11 Jul
 ZaZaika

You are not aware of the problems, because you do not constantly play with shields. I have basic builds with shields and I speak from my own experience, this is a problem and should not be like that, one millisecond will not greatly affect the game, but will fix unpleasant situations. it's not hard for me to avoid kicks, it just comes with experience. As a result, there will be no heaps of dull and annoying moments (I hope), and shields will require real skill. So it should be.

51 12

shields are made to protect aginst faints no to be hold non stop you have to suffer for relying on shield only and its good that its hard to do riposte with holding shield, its good that you are being kicked when you use shield its only way that shields are balanced now so stop noobing around and get good

5 0
  • 12 Jul
 ZaZaika

The problem is not in non-stop blocking, but in blows "through the block." It is difficult to explain and I may have translated incorrectly. The shields miss the blows that should not have been missed! The blows are not from the side, not from the top in the jump, but from the front. This does not greatly affect the balance, just fix the problem.
PS I understand that many people hate shields and consider them to be non-skilful, but they have to protect, and not miss the damn blows! In my experience, playing with shields is not as easy as you think.

5 0
  • 12 Jul
 ZaZaika

Such moments are rare, but very annoying with their stupidity.

170 73

Here's what I said elsewhere on shields, nobody gave a fuck because they were too busy determining who's right.

"Considering shields, they could use a kind of nerf, for example drain 2 stamina per second held up. Introduce 2 stamina cost for all weapons just clicking right mouse to avoid it being spammed too much.
Other than that, I think we should of course keep the shields but not make the blocking infinite and add further disatvantage to them.

Could also think of a Shieldbreaker Perk:

Costs 2
Your Attacks blocked by shields drain 100% more stamina

This would also drain stamina from shield users effectively."

Shields must be aimed and timed properly. Just holding it up won't automatically block a low or high hit, same for left and right. Some players also smash your head from behind despite standing in front or slightly to the side. seen that with mace in particular. They also must be timed properly because some players just wait for you to put the shield away and then strike. So I only try to hold to block like with a normal weapon. Someone also told me, shields have smaller block boxes than weapons, but I have no Idea if this is true or not.

5 0
  • 12 Jul
 ZaZaika

...anyway, no one understood what I was talking about.This is a suggestion to fix, not to buff or nerf shields.
P.S Shield blocking area is actually smaller than a block of weapons.

170 73

I think that's because people already asked for a nerf before and they still want a shield nerf.