We need this

Knight 7571 13864
52 101
Knight 644 986
Conscript 647 1454
48 18
  • 16 Jul
 Luward

I'll die before I stop fighting censorship.

178 165
  • 17 Jul
 Unlikely

There have been many threads on this forum about simplistic word filters, and many posts about why they can't work. Here is one example.

Sellsword 679 2144
  • 25 Jul
 Goof

Several games have censorship in regards to most offensive language.

I really don't have a problem with it as long as the censorship isn't to a ridiculous extent and we have the option to toggle a language filter.

My best example would be World of Warcraft which includes a parental filter to censor most curse words but obviously explicit racism, sexism, homophobia, ect is monitored by the server and players receive warnings and eventual bans.

Honestly, Mordhau is privately owned by Triternion. Meaning they can employ censorship in any way that they see fit. The only other alternative to private regulation is government regulation.

But also: You could just ignore it, right?

71 49

Trolls are adaptive and will:

• Change words to be spelt differently using symbols or other means to evade the filter.

• Use other words that sound similar.

• Be toxic/racist/homophobic/antisemitic/whatever without even having to use the blocked words.

If the developers try to expand the filter so that it detects these kinds of things, there is a huge possibility that the filter will detect false positives and make it harder for well meaning people to chat. Getting official staff members who watch for these people all the time is an unfeasible solution. Furthermore, an optional word filter might help for people who are tired of seeing those nasty words, but in the end it will not solve the problem of people being toxic. The only solution is to fix the vote kick system and to allow the community to moderate their own games. There are many ways to prevent vote kick abuse, and to make this system even better.

This is the reason I mostly play on private servers that I know are well moderated. Well meaning moderators are often better at keeping a server clean than a vote system, especially for deathmatch duel servers. Also, if a server has a bad staff team, you can always go to a different one that is better.

1334 1389

Not again...
Nobody is expecting automated tools to solve this issue 100% and forever.

Sellsword 679 2144
  • 31 Jul
 Goof

Best practice is to stop being a bik and just ignore it.

"Mean word hurt my feelings".

Like just close your eyes and those mean words on the screen can't hurt you lmao.

1334 1389

That's not best practice. That's just the only thing you can come up with due to a lack of imagination. The whole "words hurt my feeling" stuff is also incredible unoriginal as is adding "lmao" to every sentence. Find your own style instead of just copying everything the cool kids on the forum do.

717 587

@Luward said:
I'll die before I stop fighting censorship.

hahahahahahahahaha

Sellsword 679 2144
  • 1 Aug
 Goof

@SWSeriousMike said:
That's not best practice. That's just the only thing you can come up with due to a lack of imagination. The whole "words hurt my feeling" stuff is also incredible unoriginal as is adding "lmao" to every sentence. Find your own style instead of just copying everything the cool kids on the forum do.

Thats the joke you mong.gif

717 587

public discord servers are the most outrageously gay thing that social media has come up with yet. cant wait to pay 100 dollars a year so i can post a tiny emote of the green frog doing an orgasm face

942 290

who spends money on Discord

717 587

@Antoniokontos said:
who spends money on Discord

everyone with an animated avatar or ppl who use emotes from other channels. which is like 65% of the ppl, somehow.