Mordhau

Mordhau isn't doing as well as some of you might think, devs, time to wake up?

Knight 7678 14083
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

my well-articulated posts on the Triternion's faults coupled with threats that they know I can back up forced them to act

I am the decider

22 13
  • 19 Jul
 xXLuxXx

@ToLazy4Name said:

@esturias said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Like what

Step back a bit and pick one of the many things that are obvious to everyone and which get discussed here back and forth again and again.

Like what

I don't find many balance issues with the game, and the ones I do find are generally things we know they are working on

-Attack speed is a useless weapon stat in game, the difference in speed between even a dagger and a spear is negligible, and the game is about back and forth, so everyone goes for high damage and high reach weapons which have virtually no downside.There should be a downside to being extremely close to a huge weapon. They get a massive benefit to keeping you far away, they should lose out SOMEHOW if youre right in their face. If the point system is meant to balance these weapons its doing a very poor job.

-Stabs are too good across the board. On almost every weapon stabs are the best attack in terms of raw power. They are the most reliable because they dont get stuck on the giant colliders of walls & objects in this game, and they are the easiest to use and very accurate.

-Recurve bow is made completely useless by current huntsman perk. The recurve bow is just below the threshold of being able to 1 shot other bowman and you get one shot by other bowman even with level 3 armor.

-Mobility builds are just inferior. Trying to make a build work that doesnt rely on level 3 armor is just a meme honestly. Dodge isnt good enough and it feels like half the tools are missing to attempt a rogue-type build. On top of that "heavy" builds are just what almost everyone is playing so the lighter weapons being underpowered is exacerbated even more.

94 217

You unironically believing that stabs are "superior to strikes" prove that you're a big dum dum doo doo head and don't know much about the game.

Knight 7678 14083
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

and this is why I asked lmao game RUINED

64 33
  • 25 Jul
 Crumly

@Dekkers said:

@Crumly said:

@Gambit said:
I think everything everyone else has said is true, but how hard this game is, definitely pushes people away. So much more could have been done for sure, but everyone I've gotten to play the game gets bored by how bad they are. That's just the kind of game it is though. Matchmaking for other modes would definitely help though.

Only smart post I've read so far.

Why the fuck do we need weekly posts saying "we're slowly making progress on a map here's a screen shot". Fuck ... I kickstarted Camelot Unchained 5 years ago and put them on ignore 4 years ago, Just let me know when the fucking game is ready. It's sad to see gamers this fucking whiney.

Do any of you stupid ass's realize how hard the game is? No fucking wonder people are leaving, they get mauled by someone decent, they start thinking about how far behind they are, how long it would take to catch up, how much time they care to try, and knowing that during that same time, that same good player, is also pushing to improve, and will always be better.

So they quit, they know they're never going to be good and they're done. Oh wait, you're one of the new Mordhau players and you're better than everyone from chiv? Grats, but you are a tiny minority.

The same thing happened with Chivalry, and before any of you stupid millenials tries to argue, TB did make many adjustments in the first year. It didn't matter, population fell off. Only so many gamers can really stick with games this difficult.

No need to go around cursing, especially when it is very obvious that the issue is not just 'skill'. Sure, some, perhaps even many people quit because they get their asses kicked, but do you honestly believe that, that is the only reason that the amount of people giving up on this game is so high?

There is more to it and this has been pointed out many times.

1) Devs communicate poorly --> meaning people don't know if fixes are coming, people don't know if it's a matter of being patient when they see an issue, or if this issue will remain forever.

2) The gamemodes are fairly boring --> Frontline has no real objectives other than ''walk over here''. It's just TDM in a nice coat to be honest. There is no siege gamemode, there is no real variety.

3) The maps are not that good --> Granted, Taiga improved somewhat, but Crossroads is a joke and some of the other maps like the arena have some bugs that allow people to waste everyone's time, which happends

4) There is no controll over 'trolls' --> There are polls to kick, but nothing stops people from coming back. You can't poll to ban (granted that this could be abused) and I don't believe I have ever seen an administrator (like you see in M&B: Warband, for instance)

Again, obviously some people quit because they're bad, but if a game is really good then people will actually bother trying to get good. Saying they won't even try (granted that the game is good), because other people improve too, is bullshit and you know that.

who gives a fucking shit if the dev's post anything? not me, torn banner never did and i playd chiv until this game came out, since it launched.

yes, i do believe the reason almost everyone quits is because it's too hard. i have friends who wouldn't even try it because they know it's hard. they'd rather play path of exile.

streamers brought alot of people to the game. those players then went back to path of exile.

if league of legends put one or two challenger players in every single match you play, and you just got your fucking ass stomped every single time they were on your screen, it would have the same problem.

if you don't have fun with a game, you don't put 100's of hours into it. league of legends is also very difficult game, but because you play against similarily scrub level players, you don't feel it the same way.

i used to play a game called darkfall, a full loot mmorpg. it was really fucking hard because it was FPS aiming in a full loot game that favoured players who grinded hard, and skilled players were gods in it.

ppl whined and bitched for dev communication, and the studio started posting shit every week. they were small studio and it took for fucking EVER to get patches, and people whined every week about the update not saying when the next patch would be, getting a screeshot or some verbage didn't cut it.

so fucking sick and tired of hearing whiney fucking gamers trying to dodge the fact they suck at the game and that is the root of all their frustrations with it, but instead of owning it, they want to play calvalry

64 33
  • 25 Jul
 Crumly

@xXLuxXx said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@esturias said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Like what

Step back a bit and pick one of the many things that are obvious to everyone and which get discussed here back and forth again and again.

Like what

I don't find many balance issues with the game, and the ones I do find are generally things we know they are working on

-Attack speed is a useless weapon stat in game, the difference in speed between even a dagger and a spear is negligible, and the game is about back and forth, so everyone goes for high damage and high reach weapons which have virtually no downside.There should be a downside to being extremely close to a huge weapon. They get a massive benefit to keeping you far away, they should lose out SOMEHOW if youre right in their face. If the point system is meant to balance these weapons its doing a very poor job.

-Stabs are too good across the board. On almost every weapon stabs are the best attack in terms of raw power. They are the most reliable because they dont get stuck on the giant colliders of walls & objects in this game, and they are the easiest to use and very accurate.

-Recurve bow is made completely useless by current huntsman perk. The recurve bow is just below the threshold of being able to 1 shot other bowman and you get one shot by other bowman even with level 3 armor.

-Mobility builds are just inferior. Trying to make a build work that doesnt rely on level 3 armor is just a meme honestly. Dodge isnt good enough and it feels like half the tools are missing to attempt a rogue-type build. On top of that "heavy" builds are just what almost everyone is playing so the lighter weapons being underpowered is exacerbated even more.

holy what a dog shit post. i disagree with every single thing you said except about the recurve bow, because i've never played archer even once

64 33
  • 25 Jul
 Crumly

@Minion said:

@Kaiowa said:
Let's be realistic, they're all new to game development, progress has been really slow since the alpha, fixing a game is hard work and it already made millions. You'd think that after selling over a million copies and becoming a hit they'd take advantage of that and hire more people to make new content, improve their PR etc, yet 3 months later not even the most simple issues to fix such as lack of moderation/reports have been addressed. It won't get any better than this.

In the most likely scenario they'll just release the new map Feitoria along with ranked modes by September, then mod support later this year or first quarter 2020 and with that they don't need to do anything else other than rare balance patches and milking the game with frequent discounts like Chivalry did.

Yah somehow that doesn't entice me. Just goes to show, pay attention to someone else's fuck ups. They had all the evidence in the world about what to avoid after chiv.

"insert proverb"

chivalry was a massive success, do you even try to think about your opinions rationally or are you just fucking stupid

1415 1485
87 186
  • 25 Jul
 Dekkers

@SWSeriousMike said:
You ok?

I think he's struggling pal

Times are hard, gotta give him that

1415 1485

Poor guy. Hope he gets better.

717 594

chiv induced psychosis

954 302

i stab with maul 45 damage i hit with Maul 75 damage or Death hmmmmmmmmmm STAB GOODER