Mordhau

Mordhau isn't doing as well as some of you might think, devs, time to wake up?

1757 1412
  • 18 Jul
 Rergato

@Six_Blasters said:

@Rergato said:
People are constantly getting updated on things, guys. Everyone has a phone, everything is in people's faces.
When the game updates, people will get notified, whether it be by steam, twitter, or a friend. What I'm saying is, as soon as there's a big update, the player base will rise up again.
80% of the playerbase didn't go "Wow this game FUCKING SUCKS. UNINSTALL", it just got stale for them, that's all.

Hell, when I was younger I use to play Chivalry all day-- I barely touch Mordhau nowadays. I suppose it got a little stale for me too. But I know once there's a big update (really want some ranked), I'll start playing again.

I disagree. If the game stays stale for too long people can commit to a different game. Even a big update may not be enough after that.

They’re video games... If you’re making commitments to video games you’re doing it wrong.
Look at another niche title. DayZ. When it first released as a cash grabber, it had thousands of players. Couple years later, it struggled to even get 1000. Now, it has 10,000 average again. This is nearly a decade by the way.

The cool thing about pixels, code, digital information is that it doesn’t wear down or “get old”.

The game hasn’t even been out for a year.
People like you love to make these exaggerations about how the game will “die” because you probably feel like it puts pressure on the devs. There’s no need for that. Just wait

1406 1477

The real problem was the Steam summer sale that hasn't given many alternatives. Now we are bored with a game that rarely shows progress instead of just hopping to another game for a while.

I blame Epic. Would have like to play some Metro.

33 71

@Rergato said:
They’re video games... If you’re making commitments to video games you’re doing it wrong.

Most people only play one multiplayer videogame at a time. Time is not infinite and people usually have other things to do.

Look at another niche title. DayZ. When it first released as a cash grabber, it had thousands of players. Couple years later, it struggled to even get 1000. Now, it has 10,000 average again. This is nearly a decade by the way.

DayZ is not niche at all. DayZ has also established what it wants to do and it does it well. Main game mode in mordhau is deeply flawed as well as its maps. The only other game mode worth playing is maintained by the community.

The cool thing about pixels, code, digital information is that it doesn’t wear down or “get old”.

Content however does get old after you experience it for the 1000th time. In the case of Mordhau, map content lacks quality necessary to keep it from getting stale, partly due to the main game mode itself.

People like you love to make these exaggerations about how the game will “die” because you probably feel like it puts pressure on the devs. There’s no need for that. Just wait

People like you love to make assumptions about people. I worry that crossroads is the sign that devs don't know what they are doing. I fear that they will continuously miss the mark with future updates, which can absolutely kill the game. If people come back and its not worth it once, they wont come back again.

Its also impossible to put pressure on Triternion. People have been complaining about a lack of communication since 2015 at least and nothing changed yet. People have also been complaining about frontline since it released in beta and it still got shipped.

64 35

Duel servers have been the only thing I've been playing right now. That says a lot about the game and unless I join a clan or pride myself in getting better, I might keep playing less. Frontline is just cancer.

190 95

the next 6 months will be the tell...

If its not any better I know where to get back story and lore and maps that tie into that lore, flags that I'm fighting for that actually let me fkn spawn at or near them, idle kick that can be turned off, death cameras that don't let you spectate the other team...

True shit-

Wow we can chamber, wow that's a shit ton of builds that can be created and a lot of customization for all the weapons
but
that is literally IT and the highlight of Mordhau right now
and its been old news and stale for a month.

Ppl are worried and have every right to be, map quality, quantity and mods and sdk's are 1 of the most important things for a games lifespan to be anything more than a laughing stock after a yr or so when ppl get tired of being accosted on their player loadout screens by aunt jemima.

Mercenary 1122 2057

@Dekkers said:
start communicating properly and hire some damn people

Is what people have been asking since before the alpha.

Conscript 150 273
  • 19 Jul
 Kaiowa

Let's be realistic, they're all new to game development, progress has been really slow since the alpha, fixing a game is hard work and it already made millions. You'd think that after selling over a million copies and becoming a hit they'd take advantage of that and hire more people to make new content, improve their PR etc, yet 3 months later not even the most simple issues to fix such as lack of moderation/reports have been addressed. It won't get any better than this.

In the most likely scenario they'll just release the new map Feitoria along with ranked modes by September, then mod support later this year or first quarter 2020 and with that they don't need to do anything else other than rare balance patches and milking the game with frequent discounts like Chivalry did.

100 52
  • 19 Jul
 Minion

@Kaiowa said:
Let's be realistic, they're all new to game development, progress has been really slow since the alpha, fixing a game is hard work and it already made millions. You'd think that after selling over a million copies and becoming a hit they'd take advantage of that and hire more people to make new content, improve their PR etc, yet 3 months later not even the most simple issues to fix such as lack of moderation/reports have been addressed. It won't get any better than this.

In the most likely scenario they'll just release the new map Feitoria along with ranked modes by September, then mod support later this year or first quarter 2020 and with that they don't need to do anything else other than rare balance patches and milking the game with frequent discounts like Chivalry did.

Yah somehow that doesn't entice me. Just goes to show, pay attention to someone else's fuck ups. They had all the evidence in the world about what to avoid after chiv.

"insert proverb"

739 552
  • 19 Jul
 esturias

@Kaiowa said:

Well. That's the sad truth.
Given the fact that I didn't see any proper fix since I joined and also given the fact that they refuse to set up any way of direct communication to show their good will and interest towards those who fill their pockets, I really doubt that this game will ever become playable...

Knight 7667 14070
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

Fix what exactly?

739 552
  • 19 Jul
 esturias

@ToLazy4Name said:
Fix what exactly?

Any of the many issues that the game has and which keep it from being fun to play?

Knight 7667 14070
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

Like what

Duke 547 912
  • 19 Jul
 Goatie

Shit modes, shit sound, no lore, no atmosphere, shit maps, loads of casual mechanics like horse and firepots very being anywhere from annoying to rage inducing, broken animations at higher level of play where you can't even read if it's a drag or accel, no reasons to grind kills over just being a pleb in any mode, the game being based around feints but people can just gamble punish your punish with some weapon match-ups, 1vX being stale and a chore instead of engaging and fun. Just to name a few.

1406 1477

HELD BLOCK, JAVELINS, HORSES, CROSSROADS, NO FEMALE CHARACTERS, NO FEITORIA, NO HIGHLANDS AND LAZY NO ADMIN

Knight 7667 14070
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

Okay goatie I was asking esturias you can go rant in another thread you big angry boy

739 552
  • 19 Jul
 esturias

@ToLazy4Name said:
Like what

Step back a bit and pick one of the many things that are obvious to everyone and which get discussed here back and forth again and again.

Knight 7667 14070
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@esturias said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Like what

Step back a bit and pick one of the many things that are obvious to everyone and which get discussed here back and forth again and again.

Like what

I don't find many balance issues with the game, and the ones I do find are generally things we know they are working on

Duke 5483 13094
  • 19 Jul
 Jax — Community Manager

@ToLazy4Name said:
The game is doing fine. Do you people have any sense of proportion? Holding relatively steady at 10k players is ridiculously good for a multiplayer title as niche as this one.

That being said, the rest of your post is on point. Extremely slow updates, understandable or not, are really letting the game stagnate and the almost complete lack of (official) communication is inexcusable as far as i'm concerned. Quit playing ARMA 3 and drowning yourself in IPAs Jax and write something up to post in the announcements tab weekly or some shit. I know Crush barely speaks English and is prone to flip out and gamble everyone around him, but that's what you signed up for.

or you could make me admin and let me do it

lol we are going to be putting a little announcement out very soon, showing off some new stuff

also the arma 3 launcher counts as "playing" so i have like 4k hours of afk time from forgetting to close it

Knight 7667 14070
  • 19 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

You have 2 days to do so or i'm contacting babaji and we are having a hostile takeover

33 71

@ToLazy4Name said:
You have 2 days to do so or i'm contacting babaji and we are having a hostile takeover

You did it Lazy! You saved the community!