Mordhau

Mordhau isn't doing as well as some of you might think, devs, time to wake up?

102 72
  • 15 Jul
 smokratez

@Dekkers said:

@ShapiroLibtardsDieTwice said:
We need a steam workshop. If the devs think they can do everything with a 11 man team, lmao.

True, IMO allowing people to mod this game should be their top priority after completing competitive and fixing their communication

Clearly they suck at map making. The community is dying to help them out and make this game better, I bet.

274 320
  • 15 Jul
 DrGert

@Antoniokontos said:
people say the same with WoW despite it still holding on the most subbed MMORPG to this day lol

Off topic here, but to be fair most MMO’s nowadays either don’t use a subscription based model anymore or it is an optional feature like ESO has. WoW is not really pulling any new players in but rather maintaining its old and slowly decaying player base.

22 45
  • 15 Jul
 Doogla

@Sirpzyン艶ニ said:
I quit the game because the community was incredibly toxic and I had constant trolls. My breaking point was getting vote kicked from a horde game on round 20 by a handful of guys who were trolling me for most the game. I had almost 400 kills I think. Fuck that shit. Fuck no punishment for people just vote kicking randomly. Fuck the devs.

too be fair, I doubt they were trolling you for no reason.

534 286
  • 15 Jul
 Gambit

@smokratez said:

@BroodReaver said:

@BallistaFodder said:
To all of you who keep saying the player base isn't dropping, OP linked an image with proof. Also I've noticed this as well, game has pretty much died for me as I live in Canada and can only play late at night. At around 2-6am there is only one or maybe 2 servers running in LA now, where as a month ago I there were around 3-5. I've seen it down to just one server running in LA with about 15-20 people in it.

Personally I think they really really need to hurry up with ranked mode. Game feels so casual I don't think currently many people even care win or lose. Ranked mode gets the adrenaline pumping and keeps people clicking "play again".

I too live in Canada and the TDM servers I usually played on (which are located in Chicago and Seattle) are disappearing. This week I noticed that there is only one server appearing on my server browser, sometimes none, I'll be lucky if I see 3 or 4 servers and only 2 of them I can join because of ping limitations.

Now Im being forced to play Frontlines (which we all know is a meat grinder and clusterfuck shit show), I don't mind playing on a scrim server but there are only a handful of servers that I can join in and most of the time, I'm on the wheelchair team.

10k+ player count is not actually bad. It's quite impressive for this kind of game but the steady decline of player count is much noticeable in less popular game modes.

Yeah, I can't find tdm server below 50 ping anymore either. Is it too much to ask to host an official Western Euro tdm server. Just one will do.

I've tried hosting one in the past and nobody joined it, plenty join the duels ones though. I quite enjoy it as a game mode though so I might try again.

I have a signature

954 302

@DrGert said:

@Antoniokontos said:
people say the same with WoW despite it still holding on the most subbed MMORPG to this day lol

Off topic here, but to be fair most MMO’s nowadays either don’t use a subscription based model anymore or it is an optional feature like ESO has. WoW is not really pulling any new players in but rather maintaining its old and slowly decaying player base.

wow still has atleast 15 new people lol atleast ones ive gotten into the game

11 2
  • 17 Jul
 FatMike

I love how you all are bitching about frontline - yet when I look at player stats; Atleast 90% of the players are actually online in FRONTLINE :>

954 302

@FatMike said:
I love how you all are bitching about frontline - yet when I look at player stats; Atleast 90% of the players are actually online in FRONTLINE :>

i love front line also welcome to the shitshow my friend

534 286
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

@FatMike said:

I attribute that mostly to matchmaking. BR is great, just not everyones cup of tea and I don't understand the enjoyment of horde. If there was duels/tdm/skirmish matchmaking, then they would be quite popular too. Albeit not as much frontline still.

I have a signature

11 2
  • 17 Jul
 FatMike

@Gambit said:

@FatMike said:

I attribute that mostly to matchmaking. BR is great, just not everyones cup of tea and I don't understand the enjoyment of horde. If there was duels/tdm/skirmish matchmaking, then they would be quite popular too. Albeit not as much frontline still.

I have a signature

I completely agree with other modes having to be on the matchmacking page aswell.
-It wouldn't affect me tho as I use the server browser (Old school I guess).

I actually never tried BR yet, never was a fan of the genre in general.

I doubt that having TDM and DM on the matchmaking page will make it popular. Yes, it'll raise the numbers slightly, but in general, I think that people are playing this game for huge medieval fights.
Not as a 1v1 og 5v5 fighting simulator. I don't atleast :-)

721 545
  • 17 Jul
 esturias

@FatMike said:

Because it still is the most viable option for most people.
I don't like simple deathmatch games. Those are boring. Horde is the same kind of boring. BR... nope.
Would play duels, but my conection is too wonky for that, making melee only viable for me when the gods of the bits and bytes have a good day...

954 302

Multiplayer medieval melee game says it on the main page..........LIES

534 286
  • 17 Jul
 Gambit

@FatMike said:

@Gambit said:

@FatMike said:

I have a signature

I completely agree with other modes having to be on the matchmacking page aswell.
-It wouldn't affect me tho as I use the server browser (Old school I guess).

I actually never tried BR yet, never was a fan of the genre in general.

I doubt that having TDM and DM on the matchmaking page will make it popular. Yes, it'll raise the numbers slightly, but in general, I think that people are playing this game for huge medieval fights.
Not as a 1v1 og 5v5 fighting simulator. I don't atleast :-)

I think it would increase a lot, but you're right it won't become frontline busy. Currently I can play frontline any time of the day, but deathmatch and skirmish only at night on 1 or 2 servers in central EU, matchmaking would 100% improve this.

I have a signature

Mercenary 2187 3902

penis

Now that I got your attention, Jax me boi, pls start fulfilling your promises (I'm looking at you weekly updates, in-dept explanation of Combat Updates and some Recorded footage you promised along those lines)

Your credibility runs out with each promise not fulfilled or actually get someone else to do these things, I will pass it to Lazy to consider.

63 29
  • 17 Jul
 Crumly

@Gambit said:
I think everything everyone else has said is true, but how hard this game is, definitely pushes people away. So much more could have been done for sure, but everyone I've gotten to play the game gets bored by how bad they are. That's just the kind of game it is though. Matchmaking for other modes would definitely help though.

Only smart post I've read so far.

Why the fuck do we need weekly posts saying "we're slowly making progress on a map here's a screen shot". Fuck ... I kickstarted Camelot Unchained 5 years ago and put them on ignore 4 years ago, Just let me know when the fucking game is ready. It's sad to see gamers this fucking whiney.

Do any of you stupid ass's realize how hard the game is? No fucking wonder people are leaving, they get mauled by someone decent, they start thinking about how far behind they are, how long it would take to catch up, how much time they care to try, and knowing that during that same time, that same good player, is also pushing to improve, and will always be better.

So they quit, they know they're never going to be good and they're done. Oh wait, you're one of the new Mordhau players and you're better than everyone from chiv? Grats, but you are a tiny minority.

The same thing happened with Chivalry, and before any of you stupid millenials tries to argue, TB did make many adjustments in the first year. It didn't matter, population fell off. Only so many gamers can really stick with games this difficult.

87 185
  • 17 Jul
 Dekkers

@Crumly said:

@Gambit said:
I think everything everyone else has said is true, but how hard this game is, definitely pushes people away. So much more could have been done for sure, but everyone I've gotten to play the game gets bored by how bad they are. That's just the kind of game it is though. Matchmaking for other modes would definitely help though.

Only smart post I've read so far.

Why the fuck do we need weekly posts saying "we're slowly making progress on a map here's a screen shot". Fuck ... I kickstarted Camelot Unchained 5 years ago and put them on ignore 4 years ago, Just let me know when the fucking game is ready. It's sad to see gamers this fucking whiney.

Do any of you stupid ass's realize how hard the game is? No fucking wonder people are leaving, they get mauled by someone decent, they start thinking about how far behind they are, how long it would take to catch up, how much time they care to try, and knowing that during that same time, that same good player, is also pushing to improve, and will always be better.

So they quit, they know they're never going to be good and they're done. Oh wait, you're one of the new Mordhau players and you're better than everyone from chiv? Grats, but you are a tiny minority.

The same thing happened with Chivalry, and before any of you stupid millenials tries to argue, TB did make many adjustments in the first year. It didn't matter, population fell off. Only so many gamers can really stick with games this difficult.

No need to go around cursing, especially when it is very obvious that the issue is not just 'skill'. Sure, some, perhaps even many people quit because they get their asses kicked, but do you honestly believe that, that is the only reason that the amount of people giving up on this game is so high?

There is more to it and this has been pointed out many times.

1) Devs communicate poorly --> meaning people don't know if fixes are coming, people don't know if it's a matter of being patient when they see an issue, or if this issue will remain forever.

2) The gamemodes are fairly boring --> Frontline has no real objectives other than ''walk over here''. It's just TDM in a nice coat to be honest. There is no siege gamemode, there is no real variety.

3) The maps are not that good --> Granted, Taiga improved somewhat, but Crossroads is a joke and some of the other maps like the arena have some bugs that allow people to waste everyone's time, which happends

4) There is no controll over 'trolls' --> There are polls to kick, but nothing stops people from coming back. You can't poll to ban (granted that this could be abused) and I don't believe I have ever seen an administrator (like you see in M&B: Warband, for instance)

Again, obviously some people quit because they're bad, but if a game is really good then people will actually bother trying to get good. Saying they won't even try (granted that the game is good), because other people improve too, is bullshit and you know that.

274 320
  • 17 Jul
 DrGert

@FatMike said:

You’re failing to realize that the players that make up the forum community are NOT the vast majority of the population. Infact, a lot of the players here that have 300+ hours in the game don’t frequently play frontline and instead spend most of their time in duel servers.

Frontline is a casual mode and I personally can only take it in small doses because it is a complete shit mess at the moment.

190 95

Ppl get bored and leave cause of the trolls, the 1shotting them to death by calvary right outa spawn,
the zweicopters that beat out 2-3ft weapons, the lame small same objective as chivalry maps, then they come on the forums to ask about the game and receive a 100 more trolls telling them to git gud and making fun of them.

no lore, no conection to any of the characters, rarely any friendly ppl, red team is just blue team but red.

No admin support, no moderation tools, fkn hell idle kick is still broken and boots you constantly after 3mins, not even a fkn crumb for us after 3 patches, yet every1 still squabbling over nerf after nerf, immobilizing shield users etc etc etc.

One day ppl wil realize that it is that admins/modders that will ultimately give you what u want not the devs.

Instead of jumping on the nerf bandwagon yall should be jumping on the admin and modder tools and sdk bandwagon as everything you'd ever wanted can be done that way without compromising the entire game for the rest of the ppl.

Within weeks of the sdk being released we will have like 10 new maps to play let alone all the other cool mods ppl will be knocking out.

1757 1412
  • 18 Jul
 Rergato

People are constantly getting updated on things, guys. Everyone has a phone, everything is in people's faces.
When the game updates, people will get notified, whether it be by steam, twitter, or a friend. What I'm saying is, as soon as there's a big update, the player base will rise up again.
80% of the playerbase didn't go "Wow this game FUCKING SUCKS. UNINSTALL", it just got stale for them, that's all.

Hell, when I was younger I use to play Chivalry all day-- I barely touch Mordhau nowadays. I suppose it got a little stale for me too. But I know once there's a big update (really want some ranked), I'll start playing again.

33 71

@Rergato said:
People are constantly getting updated on things, guys. Everyone has a phone, everything is in people's faces.
When the game updates, people will get notified, whether it be by steam, twitter, or a friend. What I'm saying is, as soon as there's a big update, the player base will rise up again.
80% of the playerbase didn't go "Wow this game FUCKING SUCKS. UNINSTALL", it just got stale for them, that's all.

Hell, when I was younger I use to play Chivalry all day-- I barely touch Mordhau nowadays. I suppose it got a little stale for me too. But I know once there's a big update (really want some ranked), I'll start playing again.

I disagree. If the game stays stale for too long people can commit to a different game. Even a big update may not be enough after that.

3 5
  • 18 Jul
 .fudô

UPDATE THE GAME.