Mordhau

All unarmored parts of the body should take 100 damage from most weapons.

20 27
  • 11 Jul
 Quxudais

If you want the point savings and speed that comes with eschewing armor you should have an actual down side. Getting hit in the naked leg or chest by any significant weapon (any weapon that costs 2 points or higher) should be an instant death. As it stands you can take a waraxe to your bare legs or a zweihander to the chest and shrug it off as easily as someone that put on medium armor, it still takes two swings to kill. Since 90% of matches are nothing but big high damage weapons this means there's not much penalty of any significance to running around with only a heavy helmet.

170 73

For example, a hit with a mace or blunt weapon to the ass or legs wouldn't instantly kill you, it would hurt badly and possibly break bones but definetely not kill you or render you unable to swing your weapon.
There should be some more weapons that do oneshots on unarmored torso, I think crossbow and longbow to nerf nakeds.
Also daggers and swords should oneshot unarmored torsos in general or deal at least 70-80 damage.
For maces it could be lower, around 50-60, I think it's 60 for eveningstar for example.
Also exclude all building hammers, throwables (except maybe javelin), recurve bow, and maybe some of the small swords, daggers, cleaver etc. that have low loadout cost between 1 and 2.
Another nerf of nakeds would be a new perk that increases damage vs nakeds with edged weapons and arrows.

59 69
  • 11 Jul
 Xanith

Me name Grug, me no endorse dis message.

Knight 7032 12782
  • 11 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

Zweihander to a naked chest is a one shot, but your point is valid tbh

961 1590

Nothing like aiming for that naked part of the body and realizing you were just as well off hitting them anywhere else. Still 2htk most times.

280 182
  • 11 Jul
 esturias

Right after properly balancing the mentioned high damage weapons.

955 972

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Nothing like aiming for that naked part of the body and realizing you were just as well off hitting them anywhere else. Still 2htk most times.

That naked body part would most probably have been armored otherwise. Since armor comes with almost no downsides this change would just decrease diversity.

It's not a bad suggestion. The game is just not ready for it in my opinion.

Knight 7032 12782

I honestly think it'd be a good change. At the moment, you lose very little defense when using halberd, zwei, etc. With this change, halberd for example would be incentivized to sacrifice t2 helmet or t3 chest so they can get leg armor, which would make them alot easier to kill and nerf weapons in that point category without actually nerfing the weapons themselves.

108 144
  • 11 Jul
 CatR

50 or more damage on unarmoured body parts would be fine, honestly. You should get punished for fighting in your underpants.

382 127

@PC_Principal said:
For example, a hit with a mace or blunt weapon to the ass or legs wouldn't instantly kill you, it would hurt badly and possibly break bones but definetely not kill you or render you unable to swing your weapon.
There should be some more weapons that do oneshots on unarmored torso, I think crossbow and longbow to nerf nakeds.
Also daggers and swords should oneshot unarmored torsos in general or deal at least 70-80 damage.
For maces it could be lower, around 50-60, I think it's 60 for eveningstar for example.
Also exclude all building hammers, throwables (except maybe javelin), recurve bow, and maybe some of the small swords, daggers, cleaver etc. that have low loadout cost between 1 and 2.
Another nerf of nakeds would be a new perk that increases damage vs nakeds with edged weapons and arrows.

I have a nasty bruise on my arm from sparing with a mace

382 127

Ironicaly ive done better with 1/1/1 armor than 3/3/3 lol

31 16
  • 12 Jul
 CarnifeX

increase of archer/arrow damage? you must be insane, seriously..

17 9
  • 12 Jul
 Narkanin

Agreed. It makes no sense and encourages the run naked swinging a Zwei meta especially considering how good the bloodlust passive is.

134 200
382 127

tbh just increase the cost of bloodlust to 8 and lower peasent to 5

20 23
  • 12 Jul
 Kashi

@Antoniokontos said:

Not a good idea tbh

Bloodlust is powerfull yes but upping the cost would make it impossible to have it and halberd naturally together (although the effectiveness is debateable)

Also peasent has access to an extremely powerfull sledge , thing has the highest stamina drain in the game and you realistically don't need to feint or morph with it and just riposte and swing away to disarm people

Most of the issues with bloodlust stem from oblivious team mates and people running around with no head protection on top of people being extremely greedy for a "easy" hit

170 73

@Antoniokontos said:

Look here I talked about bloodlust in a seperate thread.

108 144
  • 12 Jul
 CatR

@Kashi said:

@Antoniokontos said:

Bloodlust is powerfull yes but upping the cost would make it impossible to have it and halberd naturally together

This is fine. Why should you have the most powerful perk together with the most powerful weapon AND maintain decent defence?

382 127

@CatR said:

@Kashi said:

@Antoniokontos said:

Bloodlust is powerfull yes but upping the cost would make it impossible to have it and halberd naturally together

This is fine. Why should you have the most powerful perk together with the most powerful weapon AND maintain decent defence?

you know the games broken when bloodlust costs less than being a farmer

20 23
  • 12 Jul
 Kashi

@CatR said:

@Kashi said:

@Antoniokontos said:

If you run bloodlust halberd in a loadout you sacrifice ALL armor because halberd costs 11 points so they do sacrifice defense to get it naturally

A big issue though is getting weapons off the ground making the scavenger perk near useless however