Mordhau

Bind voice emote to single key

12 17
  • 10 Jul
 Likbjorn

Greatings, soldiers.

I love how voicelines and different voices are implemented now. It's a simple way to communicate with your team and opponents, to intimidate, insult or respect them. Such communication is just fun. But it takes time to push correct key combination to play desired emote, (min 2, max 4 keys to play) so you can't react in time sometimes.

So I wanted to make my character talk even while fighting. The idea was to bind strikes and voicelines on same key, so you play voiceline, making a strike. But there is not binding for every single emote.
This is why I used Logitech G Hub, and created Mordhau profile with simple macrosses for mouse keys, like bind M4+C+4 to M4 for insult & strike, M5+C+5 to M5 for intimidate and strike and so on (my keybinds differ from default, but you get the point). I even did a bind for combination of "Yelling" emote and "Friendly" voiceline, so I can rapidly blame teammates for wounds on my back. Maybe you saw a viking raider, who scolds you on each strike of his battleaxe and says "Not a chance, pal" on each parry - that was me.

I can't do the same for keyboard keys (bind "Laugh" to crouch so you laugh on successeful ducking) without using additional software like AutoHotkey. Some games would consider it as a cheating, although I would use it only for "cosmetic" purposes. Well, we have LuteBox allowed, which even spams commands to console, so I think using AutoHotkey isn't bad at all. Anyway, I can't imagine how fixed key combination can give an advantage in this game.

I just want my characte to talk more in this game. What do you think? Is it allowed to use such macrosses? Can I use Autohotkey to do so? Isn't it annoying? I would be appreciated to get answer from devs. I don't want to be banned just for playing voicelines while fighting.

395 590
  • 10 Jul
 smug

Stuff like this doesn't matter, they just need to give us an option to globally mute all voice emotes.

132 48
  • 12 Jul
 Highlander

@smug said:
Stuff like this doesn't matter, they just need to give us an option to globally mute all voice emotes.

u don’t matter >:(

Out of this thread memer you’ve contributed nothing once again SHOO

523 566
  • 12 Jul
 Deadmode

100% agree with @smug. If they make it easier to spam voice emotes ingame and during fights, I want the option to turn all voice emotes off.

1 0
  • 1 Aug
 Zoldar

@Likbjorn said:
Greatings, soldiers.

I love how voicelines and different voices are implemented now. It's a simple way to communicate with your team and opponents, to intimidate, insult or respect them. Such communication is just fun. But it takes time to push correct key combination to play desired emote, (min 2, max 4 keys to play) so you can't react in time sometimes.

So I wanted to make my character talk even while fighting. The idea was to bind strikes and voicelines on same key, so you play voiceline, making a strike. But there is not binding for every single emote.
This is why I used Logitech G Hub, and created Mordhau profile with simple macrosses for mouse keys, like bind M4+C+4 to M4 for insult & strike, M5+C+5 to M5 for intimidate and strike and so on (my keybinds differ from default, but you get the point). I even did a bind for combination of "Yelling" emote and "Friendly" voiceline, so I can rapidly blame teammates for wounds on my back. Maybe you saw a viking raider, who scolds you on each strike of his battleaxe and says "Not a chance, pal" on each parry - that was me.

I can't do the same for keyboard keys (bind "Laugh" to crouch so you laugh on successeful ducking) without using additional software like AutoHotkey. Some games would consider it as a cheating, although I would use it only for "cosmetic" purposes. Well, we have LuteBox allowed, which even spams commands to console, so I think using AutoHotkey isn't bad at all. Anyway, I can't imagine how fixed key combination can give an advantage in this game.

I just want my characte to talk more in this game. What do you think? Is it allowed to use such macrosses? Can I use Autohotkey to do so? Isn't it annoying? I would be appreciated to get answer from devs. I don't want to be banned just for playing voicelines while fighting.

How did you set a mordhau profile in G hub? It won't let me add mordhau's exe as a custom application, (not mordhau.exe but the mordhau exe file in the binary/win64 folder which is the one running in task manager while playing). The only way for me is to add a profile named "mordhau" under the default desktop mode with my keybinds for mordhau instead of having it auto detect game launched.. It's annoying and I've reported it ti logitech 3 times now and still no change

110 96
  • 1 Aug
 BOBOLOJOE

cool idea i like it.

one voice line i miss is a kill the archers or watch out for archers line
oh and "behind you!"

56 22
  • 2 Aug
 DEADSY

Behindith thou good sir !

717 594

@smug said:

why not both!