Mordhau

Is esports support from the devs a possibility?

64 35

In my opinion, players who put in their time, blood, and sweat into becoming the best in this game should be supported by the devs. Hear me out, I'm not asking for a Overwatch League because its trash. I'm just asking that there would be dev funded prize pool tournaments. It doesn't even have to be big cash, it just needs to be like a few grand. A good esports scene usually means a good game aswell. Right now, the competitive scene is niche and funded tournaments can help expand that and the game aswell.

Knight 591 1997
  • 10 Jul
 LuxCandidus

The developers have stated in the past that they will not force an esports scene to form, but if it does happen to form naturally, they will support it.

64 34
  • 10 Jul
 Crumly

How do you know it would expand the game? Doesn't seem to do too much for other titles that have esports. Most people who play games that have esports dont even watch matches. You can tell because for league of legends (most popular pc game in the world, and has 50 million more hours watched on twitch than any other game so far this year), has like 200k viewers out of 100 million monthly players.

I'm not against it, I just don't see much of a reason to do it

398 593
  • 10 Jul
 smug

Game isn't popular enough for one.

58 129
  • 10 Jul
 Quadsword

No way in hell can this ever become an e-sport with this awful netcode and hit reg.

1757 1412
  • 10 Jul
 Rergato

@Quadsword said:
No way in hell can this ever become an e-sport with this awful netcode and hit reg.

what the hell are you talking about kid, lmfao

Sellsword 224 259
  • 10 Jul
 Redeaux

Oh boy, here we go with the esports™ meme.4635211.gif

Duke 552 936
  • 11 Jul
 Goatie

Well it won't form without funding so you're kind of killing it before it starts lol. It will stick to a dozen clans or something because people have no reason to get good.

398 593
  • 11 Jul
 smug

I'm sure Trit will fork over at least 500k for 1 season of a Mordhau comp league right?

Duke 552 936
  • 11 Jul
 Goatie

Noone is asking for huge money lmao

398 593
  • 11 Jul
 smug

I am.

Duke 552 936
  • 11 Jul
 Goatie

At this point quarterly tournaments with prizes of a few grand would do a lot to bring people in.

717 600

the e-sports scene would be insane with like....smash melee type of commentary where the casters lean into the energy. the amount of nutty shit u can do in this game would invoke extremely funny pop offs and sick dramatic moments (and almost all the high level players all seem to have grudges & huge egos, so grudge matches would be really fun to watch too)

reminder:

also a couple proof of concepts (from shitty casters):

https://clips.twitch.tv/GeniusWittyBottleOSsloth

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgitatedBusyWaspSuperVinlin