Mordhau

This game is going to die soon without more maps

7 9
  • 10 Jul
 FALCONPUNCH

I know 1 v 1 ranked is the stated priority right now but the game is getting stale with the same maps. Just my opinion but we're gonna lose a lot of people if more maps don't come out soon, like within the next month.

1 v 1 appeals to a niche crowd and we already have duel servers, which IMO are a lot of fun and foster a sense of community.

Objective based maps, though...we need more of. People are complaining a lot in chat, just reporting what I see.

19 43

I agree, it needs at least 5 more maps, and fast. That should be priority 1 right now. Its way more important than adding females or more customization choices. I like the game a lot but it does start to get boring playing the same maps all the time.

706 540
  • 10 Jul
 esturias

It is known.

But not only new maps - the game needs GOOD maps. No point adding 5 more Crossroads...
And those maps don't help that much when the balance stays that bad.

19 43

@esturias said:
It is known.

But not only new maps - the game needs GOOD maps. No point adding 5 more Crossroads...
And those maps don't help that much when the balance stays that bad.

Some big city or fortress-maps would be cool. And forest maps. Also castle sieges.

129 181
  • 10 Jul
 CatR

Is there anything that the game can go without and not die currently? If we can make a list of things the game doesn't have to focus on maybe that'd help the devs focus their efforts.

523 566
  • 10 Jul
 Deadmode

The content is certainly stale but the team is small. Bit of a tough spot right now...

19 43

@CatR said:
Is there anything that the game can go without and not die currently? If we can make a list of things the game doesn't have to focus on maybe that'd help the devs focus their efforts.

What do you mean? The game is fine in pretty much all other aspects imo. Just needs more maps.
There are some things that could use some more tweaking, like balance(archery, existing maps etc.) and horde mode, but thats minor improvements and wont have that much impact. Maps will.

14 25
  • 10 Jul
 Khakedais

@Eld of Norway said:

@CatR said:

What do you mean? The game is fine in pretty much all other aspects imo. Just needs more maps.
There are some things that could use some more tweaking, like balance(archery, existing maps etc.) and horde mode, but thats minor improvements and wont have that much impact. Maps will.

Well, it's a bit more than that and the problem is the size of the dev team will need time to deal with all the issues. New maps won't change the fact Frontlines is a pretty stale KotH gamemode. Horde needs tweaking, existing maps need to be actually balanced, we need new maps, and there are definitely balance changes that need to take place (I have no idea what you mean about archery, I think it's in a good spot, unless you're saying it needs to be buffed?). All in all there's a lot to be done.

67 92
  • 10 Jul
 SoRoofless

They’re working on a map as well as 1v1 ranked mode right now.

80 116

Mord doesn't need maps, it needs a GAME MODE. People played chiv for years because of TO. No one will be playing mord for years because of frontline. No amount of maps will solve the issue that is FL.

214 178
  • 10 Jul
 Dialectic

I wouldn't mind the wait if they'd just remove crossroads from circulation, as well as nerf or remove horses.

210 197
  • 10 Jul
 recurf

Do you really want the person who made cross roads, making more maps?

394 589
  • 10 Jul
 smug

True 1v1 Ranked shouldn't of been a priority if it was going to take this long. If they were going to do ranked they should of started with at least the 3v3 mode. The vast majority of people could care less about Ranked MM and would be perfectly fine with content in the form of maps, or even just skins or balance changes. It's shown to be a lot of work for them when it's a niche feature with little payoff for the casual frontline players who are waiting for a new patch.

This is very troublesome because who knows how long the other ranked modes will take if its taking them this long to make a system that puts TWO people in a match.

If I was Trit I would of pushed to get the SDK quickly so the community could keep itself busy while I work on Ranked/Official Maps/New Modes.

7 9
  • 10 Jul
 FALCONPUNCH

@smug said:
True 1v1 Ranked shouldn't of been a priority if it was going to take this long. If they were going to do ranked they should of started with at least the 3v3 mode. The vast majority of people could care less about Ranked MM and would be perfectly fine with content in the form of maps, or even just skins or balance changes. It's shown to be a lot of work for them when it's a niche feature with little payoff for the casual frontline players who are waiting for a new patch.

This is very troublesome because who knows how long the other ranked modes will take if its taking them this long to make a system that puts TWO people in a match.

If I was Trit I would of pushed to get the SDK quickly so the community could keep itself busy while I work on Ranked/Official Maps/New Modes.

Yes, this. Push the SDK out, let the community make maps to tide everyone over and democracy will sort out which ones work. I would be willing to bet that there are some very talented map makers used to UE4 who are invested in this game.

22 16
  • 10 Jul
 Athos

@FALCONPUNCH said:
Yes, this. Push the SDK out, let the community make maps to tide everyone over and democracy will sort out which ones work. I would be willing to bet that there are some very talented map makers used to UE4 who are invested in this game.

Exactly this. Also, I think maps with better objectives will have more replay ability than just more of the same. They could even do some rework of existing maps. The map editor for other URE4 games is really easy to use, and modding itself does not require coding skills (outside of visual scripting). I personally plan on making a few mods.

Edit: The biggest downside to URE4 modding is it requires you to use the Epic launcher

163 98

They can't even sort out the few maps they have.

There's too much trolling allowed in these maps, groups of the enemy capturing your ballista and shooting your team in the back from your own base. Yet you can't use/shoot the enemy with that same ballista due to it's position but it's in the perfect location to shoot your own people in the back. . . .no map testing.

Mountain peak, blue sided.
taiga turned in to blue sided map.
Camp red wins most of the time. Cata + better ammo crate locations.
Grad, I see red spawn camped a lot but seems to be a somewhat balanced map.
Crossroads, never play it to find out if it's balanced because it's just that terrible and should have been removed from the game.

Then you have the spawns locations, bottlenecked or open. You spawn around the enemy, they spawn around you. Someone dies just after they spawn. . .

51 44

Server quality is another issue. There's a topic right now on steam with nearly 50 posts about how laggy/ unstable the servers are, and no dev response. Not a good look for the game, I myself have stopped playing until the servers are fixed.

14 25
  • 10 Jul
 Khakedais

@bobbydigital said:
They can't even sort out the few maps they have.

There's too much trolling allowed in these maps, groups of the enemy capturing your ballista and shooting your team in the back from your own base. Yet you can't useless shoot the enemy with that same ballista due to it's position but it's in the perfect location to shoot your own people in the back. . . .no map testing.

Mountain peak, blue sided.
taiga turned in to blue sided map.
Camp red wins most of the time. Cata + better ammo crate locations.
Grad, I see red spawn camped a lot but seems to be a somewhat balanced map.
Crossroads, never play it to find out if it's balanced because it's just that terrible and should have been removed from the game.

Then you have the spawns locations, bottlenecked or open. You spawn around the enemy, they spawn around you. Someone dies just after they spawn. . .

There's also no effective way to counter trolls. On several maps, one guy with a fire pot can effectively destroy a team's efforts to win by throwing firepots in the way of the small chokepoints you need to best get to the frontline. If votekicking was actually accessible instead of this roundabout funsies with opening the console unless you're lucky enough to have them say something in chat. Why isn't there an automatic kick to dealing a metric fuckton of friendly fire in a row? There's no scenario where it's not sketchy that someone does a thousand friendly damage in the span of five minutes.

Knight 6 1
  • 11 Jul
 torakfade

have to agree that more maps are my wish n°1 for the game right now, and SDK a close second (not because I'd know how to use it, just so people good with these things can churn out mods, maps, etc...)

guessing it's pretty difficult to actually make them though, otherwise we'd have them already. I really hope devs can come out and clarify where they stand on this issue and maybe, just maybe, an approximate timeframe ... :)

291 116

Can't wait for the Question: "What's your rank?"