Mordhau

Delete Horses Delete Shields They're Plaguing The Game

51 43
51 12

I cen delete your mortal soul if you want to (let me get this you want to delete somethink cuz lil crybaby isn't enjoyng it get god you noob)

51 43

I'd like to take you up on that offer, let me know when you're ready to duel.

add me: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035936725/

Knight 7090 12910
  • 11 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

REMOVE HELD BLOCK, NERF JAVELINS, NERF HORSES, REMOVE CROSSROADS AS FRONTLINE MAP, GIVE ME FEMALE CHARACTERS, GIVE ME FEITORIA, GIVE ME FUCKING HIGHLANDS AND MAKE ME AN ADMIN

51 43
  • 11 Jul
 NoIdeaHubby

@ToLazy4Name said:
REMOVE HELD BLOCK, NERF JAVELINS, NERF HORSES, REMOVE CROSSROADS AS FRONTLINE MAP, GIVE ME FEMALE CHARACTERS, GIVE ME FEITORIA, GIVE ME FUCKING HIGHLANDS AND MAKE ME AN ADMIN

Honestly, who would disagree with any of those things? I know it's sarcasm, but it isn't very well done.

51 43
  • 11 Jul
 NoIdeaHubby

Now I can't tell if it's sarcasm or not.

51 43
  • 11 Jul
 NoIdeaHubby

Knight 7090 12910
  • 11 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@NoIdeaHubby said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Honestly, who would disagree with any of those things? I know it's sarcasm, but it isn't very well done.

It's not sarcasm.

51 43
  • 11 Jul
 NoIdeaHubby

@ToLazy4Name said:

@NoIdeaHubby said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

It's not sarcasm.

are u sure

134 201
  • 11 Jul
 DylanS_98

It's not sarcasm.

7 4
  • 11 Jul
 GlaroGer

The hate against shields only comes from players who have no idea how to fight against them... but surprise: its easy.
You can kick them (wich make a shitload of dmg, 10 is way to much for a kick in my opinion), but you have to time it well, not kick randomly and wonder why its not working... the opponent has to ACTIVELY block with his shield, otherwise your kick wont stun...
Other thing: Just hit around them, feint them, hit on them till they run out of stamina

With a shield you have more disadvantages than advantages. Most of the time less dmg and less reach weapons, and you ll loose every stam duel.

The horses only should get their "bubble" reworked and the hit registration from horseback should be made more comprehensible.

299 191
  • 11 Jul
 esturias

Remove dumb threads.

Knight 473 1710
  • 11 Jul
 LuxCandidus

@GlaroGer said:
The hate against shields only comes from players who have no idea how to fight against them.

Actually, 99% of players in the competitive scene hate shields, and the reason is quite simple: they negate half the mechanics in the game. Strict timing? No longer needed, as you can block early and hold. Reading feints? Unnecessary, just continue to hold your block if you fell for a feint. Fell for a drag? That is okay, continue to hold.

The question of whether or not they are balanced is irrelevant. The problem is that they are dull. They make fights considerably longer, less varied, and more boring. The game was designed around speed and aggression, but shields contribute toward the opposite.

195 80

@esturias said:
Remove dumb threads.

I'll sign that. Considering shields, they could use a kind of nerf, for example drain 2 stamina per second held up. Introduce 2 stamina cost for all weapons just clicking right mouse to avoid it being spammed too much.
Other than that, I think we should of course keep the shields but not make the blocking infinite and add further disatvantage to them.

Could also think of a Shieldbreaker Perk:

Costs 2
Your Attacks blocked by shields drain 100% more stamina

This would also drain stamina from shield users effectively.

161 74

"Sire they're using shields again and blocking our attacks"
whaaaaaaa

its amazing how many fkn nerfs you ppl beg for, your are gna turn this game into a nerf fest just like yall did in chivalry, till the combat is so fkn watered down its nothing but a zweicopter fan boy wank fest.

free hits and nerfs make us "gud" give us aunt Jemima patch!

smh
oh this shit is too fkn comical.

Knight 7090 12910
  • 11 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@GlaroGer said:
The hate against shields only comes from players who have no idea how to fight against them

Hey man i'm new to the game and really struggle against shields, could you add me on steam and teach me how to fight them some time?

51 43
  • 11 Jul
 NoIdeaHubby

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:
"Sire they're using shields again and blocking our attacks"
whaaaaaaa

its amazing how many fkn nerfs you ppl beg for, your are gna turn this game into a nerf fest just like yall did in chivalry, till the combat is so fkn watered down its nothing but a zweicopter fan boy wank fest.

free hits and nerfs make us "gud" give us aunt Jemima patch!

smh
oh this shit is too fkn comical.

Excuse me sire, this thread is for people who know what they're talking about and actually play the game.

"Sire, they're holding down rmb getting no additional stam drain penalty, blocking all of our attacks, holding s to dodge our kicks the only real counter to getting a hit on them."

"Sire, we have to read feints, learn animations, and get good at the game, the shield gods can panic parry every feint we throw at them and still drop the shield in time for a kick."

"Sire, if I miss a kick shield gods get a free hit"

"Sire, longsword z stabs are pretty effective against shield gods in 1v1's, but only 1v1's."

"Sire, the amount of effort required to kill a terrible player with a shield is ten fold that of a normal player with any non-held parry tool."

"Sire, we aren't asking for anything to be nerfed if it actually takes skill to use."

51 43
  • 11 Jul
 NoIdeaHubby

@esturias said:
Remove dumb threads.

Ban dumb players.

161 74

I think ya'll should make ya'll a mod for all you nerf lovers.

you can call it zweicopter mod.

all the skill less nerf loving fanboys that need more free hits and nerfing others to play how they want them to use their shields or weps can play that lame shit while you all run around as aunt Jemima in her underwear topless with a fkn zweicopter...

problem solved.