Mordhau

Emblem Creator

2 2
  • 9 Jul
 Speedy4GT

I have played this game since the day its came out and truly love the combat system and how diverse the armour customisation is I have had much fun with everything and noticed that creating good looking Mercenaries is quite satisfying and relaxing but one problem I face is finding Emblems that can improve the looks of my characters such as stags or dragons etc.
I would really love the ability to create my own Emblems with some customisation similar to For Honor's Emblem system but instead of it being player specific being able to put it onto your armour and shields and also being able to choose where they go on these items.
I understand that the main problem with this is people creating inappropriate Emblem with nudity or Racial slurs but couldn't a Emblem report system be added for this and a temp ban be given to anyone with an inappropriate Emblem.
I love this game to pieces as it has quickly risen to be one of my favourite games so either way if it is added or not I wont be discouraged to play as it can be lived without, im just simply hoping it can be added. :D

Duke 544 898
  • 9 Jul
 Goatie

It also nulls people who backed the kickstarter such as myself. Who got to create their own emblem to be put in game for backing a certain tier.

119 78
  • 9 Jul
 Cence

Don't want to be a dick, but emblem creator sounds like a great feature and just because you created an emblem as a kickstarter backer doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to get an emblem creator so that everyone has more customization options.

The existing emblems could still exist and be used as presets to modify them or create your own.

1286 3791

I foresee many a knights running around with dicks painted on them

119 78
  • 9 Jul
 Cence

@TombstoneJack said:

Best idea would be to make an editor where you have to use pre-existing shapes to create your own emblem to avoid that kind of thing.

5 0

Kinda like the BO2 emblem creater but a little smaller? I really wanna put the symbol for the sin of Wrath on my main guy, Maybe an option to turn emblems off if you find something offensive?

88 64
  • 22 Aug
 Threule

@Cence said:

@TombstoneJack said:

Best idea would be to make an editor where you have to use pre-existing shapes to create your own emblem to avoid that kind of thing.
In order to mantain the preexisting logic, colors range from red to blue so we know what is color 1 and color 2, no saturation or brightness setting

1286 3791

I still foresee many knights running around with dicks painted on them but made of circles and rectangles

I now commanded this thread to dead

40 16
  • 22 Aug
 norshin

He is right. People will always find a way to make a penis emblem. We've seen it before.

7 12

Yeah so what, people with penis emblems are worse than people playing in hitler skin with black cross, lol?
And there's nothing bad about penises in medieval times, there is even a bollocks dagger that was used through the medieval ages by pretty much everyone and it looks like penis with balls, it's even called like that and has a shape like that only because it looks like penis with balls.
So I don't see any problem with it.
Also about kickstarter backers - your emblem would still be in an emblem list, I don't see how that's harmng anyone.

69 65
  • 28 Aug
 The Bird

The Bird approves of this idea. The Bird seeks a proper bird emblem.

529 278

Going to say no, all you are going to have is penis emblems, troll emblems, etc etc etc. You want to talk about immersion breaking?

88 64
  • 31 Aug
 Threule

@Christian2222 said:
Going to say no, all you are going to have is penis emblems, troll emblems, etc etc etc. You want to talk about immersion breaking?

If we wanted inmersion all emblems should be ripped of real heraldry, which they are not

13 5

How about allowing the player to create literally whatever emblem they want, and then a toggle for custom emblems.

This way, if you don't want to risk seeing inappropriate emblems, you can rightfully disable custom emblems.
And with custom emblems disabled, we can only see the pre-made ones the game offers.

69 65
  • 6 Sep
 The Bird

@ACommunistCat said:
How about allowing the player to create literally whatever emblem they want, and then a toggle for custom emblems.

This way, if you don't want to risk seeing inappropriate emblems, you can rightfully disable custom emblems.
And with custom emblems disabled, we can only see the pre-made ones the game offers.

This is not a good idea. I want others to see the bird on my tabbard before they get pekt.

11 12

I do agree that this should be a thing. Kickstarter emblems, should still retain "special" emblems though. Everyone wins. I also believe there need to be new banners, perhaps challenge related, or high skill achievement related. Also Ranked banners. When you reach a certain Rank in Ranked play, unlock a banner relating to that rank, to be shown in all game modes at all times. But you can only have the banner as long as you retain that rank. Once you lose that rank, you should lose that banner.