Dissatisfied with the Kick Mechanic

957 303

mqdefault.jpg

MEMBA when shields blocked everything with not effort

Knight 99 263
  • 9 Jul
 GAYFISH

@SWSeriousMike said:
Just like cavalry, archery, siege weapons, engineering tools and spears and halberds in frontline.

By the way you can morph your attack into a kick. You can drag your attack around the shield. You can chamber or dodge their attack. It's you that forget 90% of the mechanics when you fight shields. Shield user have to pay attention to this or just get killed. If you are losing to someone that ignores all of this then you are probably not that good.

Are you being intentionally dense? Not once have I complained about losing to shields, I personally find them easy to beat. But keep on at it with the childish ad hominems if you wish.

It's just simply bad game design to base your combat system around correct timing and then add held block that requires no timing whatsoever. Ask any player that plays competitively and they'll say the same thing.

129 181
  • 9 Jul
 CatR

I think shields are fine.

1494 1578

@GAYFISH said:
Are you being intentionally dense? Not once have I complained about losing to shields, I personally find them easy to beat. But keep on at it with the childish ad hominems if you wish.

It's just simply bad game design to base your combat system around correct timing and then add held block that requires no timing whatsoever. Ask any player that plays competitively and they'll say the same thing.

That's not ad hominem. Not every disagreement with you has to be personal or ad hominem.
They can't ignore feints. They can't ignore morphs. They can't ignore drags. They can't ignore footwork/dodges.

How many competitive players have used held shields during the tournament at the weekend?
"Just ask any comp player" is an appeal to authority fallacy. Comp players argued for hours about a toggle option for their skirmishes. They are not above criticism.

Knight 7721 14230

REMOVE HELD BLOCK

1494 1578

@ToLazy4Name said:
REMOVE HELD BLOCK

... against melee attacks. Keep it against ranged attacks.

Knight 7721 14230

@SWSeriousMike said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
REMOVE HELD BLOCK

REMOVE RANGED ATTACKS

1494 1578

Somehow I didn't see that coming. Just like most ranged attacks.

192 99

Most of these clowns are 2 handed meta lovers so they wont agree with ya OP.

They have some imaginary land of faggotry in their delusional minds where 12 swords reign supreme and anything that challenges their little to no skill having ways they must nerf it to appease the 2 handed meta favoritism.

fact is you cant get around a small shield with your 12 ft sword and you want to tell others to get " gud " is fkn comical.
fact is you have been given free hits whether you can admit it or not!

whaaaaaaaaa my 12 ft sword no kill 8 ppl in 1 swing must have nerfs, free hits and ruin game for others to feel like I'm " gud "

SDK OR BUST...

1494 1578

What do you say, Lazy? Has that unhinged non-sense convinced you that you suck?

Knight 7721 14230

Wtf my entire worldview has collapsed in the face of such a vast intellectual onslaught wtf.............

312 244
  • 9 Jul
 LoPan

@SWSeriousMike said:
Want to test it? You hold up your shield and backpedal and I walk right to your face and kick. Want to bet whether that kick lands?

Yes. I’ll win that bet every time.

And shields are for bad players. Change my mind.

1494 1578

@LoPan said:

@SWSeriousMike said:
Want to test it? You hold up your shield and backpedal and I walk right to your face and kick. Want to bet whether that kick lands?

Let's try it then. You have time this evening?

Bad players have it easier with reach weapons like the spear or halberd. Shields are just for cosplayers. Players don't get stronger just because they equip a shield. It takes longer to kill them, but that's also the case with heavy armor and that isn't stigmatized for some reason.

312 244
  • 9 Jul
 LoPan

@SWSeriousMike said:

@LoPan said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

Let's try it then. You have time this evening?

Bad players have it easier with reach weapons like the spear or halberd. Shields are just for cosplayers. Players don't get stronger just because they equip a shield. It takes longer to kill them, but that's also the case with heavy armor and that isn't stigmatized for some reason.

I disagree w your analogy but sure shoot me an add. I’ll be on 7:30/8pm EST when I get home from work.

957 303

@ToLazy4Name said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
REMOVE HELD BLOCK

REMOVE RANGED ATTACKS

Agreed

26 17
  • 10 Jul
 Nauht

Bwagahah... Shield users saying it takes MORE skill to use a shield than not. OMG, nothing else to be said or argued here as there's no point. A held block over a split second block.. yeah.. no.

957 303

@Nauht said:
Bwagahah... Shield users saying it takes MORE skill to use a shield than not. OMG, nothing else to be said or argued here as there's no point. A held block over a split second block.. yeah.. no.

as a former shield user i must say life was easier when it was broken all i had to do was hold and move backwards and nothing could get me

1494 1578

@Nauht said:

Actually it's just almost everyone saying that held shields are not worth it. They are almost non-existent in the competitive tournaments so far.

I have glanced over the thread again and could see nobody claiming a shield takes more skill. Only that it is easier to do well in frontline with a spear instead of a shield.

274 320
  • 10 Jul
 DrGert

Tbh it seems like shields at the moment just serve as a tool to be used against newer players, atleast from my experience. I’ll throw one on now and then and almost immediately change setup after my first death or two from being kicked to death as shields really only seem to throw off lower level players. They just feel terrible to use all around. Idk maybe I just really suck with a shield but I do FAR better with my greatsword and could just be biased toward 2h weapons.

Empress 376 875
  • 10 Jul
 Soulcatcher

Nah it's fuckin' bullshit mate honestly

It's literally just YOU, trying to drain their stamina.

I don't even know what kick does anymore, or how much stamina it drains them. What I do know is it doesn't even stun them anymore. You kick them and accel any attack and it's instantly blocked.

• Kick doesn't create any openings in their defense
  • You can matrix out of their attack and instantly strike back, but it's insa-blocked because there is no penalty for just holding down RMB.

Only way to beat shields 1v1 is to outstam them with like greatsword.

It's the most BORING fucking thing ever

Literally just doing nothing but accel overheads with GS fighting most shield users, parrying their shitty 1h attacks, hard reading feints or morphs if they bother to do that. Can't punish any of those because they just block.

Stamina wars

Just remove them fuck, atleast the previous kick that had longer range and a good stun punished people who put 20 metric tons of pressure on their RMB and made them have to think a little bit.

Over it, don't even duel shield idiots anymore it's just slow paced, un-interesting, un-skilled backwards and forwards bullshit.