Mordhau

Shoutout to whoever's closing the dozens of "Females in mordhau" threads that have been popping up

63 43
  • 8 Jul
 Cadiz

Not s fan of censeorship but there are already a few popular threads on this subject that stick to the top of the board for the most part. What's with the sudden influx of people starting the same subject?

42 68

Because under recent pressure from PCGamer they deconfirmed the client-side gender toggle, which a significant part of the playerbase wanted, giving a very weak reason for doing so. Obviously people are going to use the game's discussion forum to give their feedback to the devs on this. If you approve of people censoring the things you don't like, that kind of does make you a fan of censorship.

52 101
  • 8 Jul
 Erwinicus

Thanks for making another one.

534 286
 Gambit

They've already said it's going to happen, no need to drag it out. Those kinds of threads get the most responses, take over the front page and are just full of complete toxicity. I feel they should be closed sooner if anything. This isn't 4chan or a community run forum, it's a business. They can censor it all they want.

I have a signature

239 289
  • 8 Jul
 idiotgod

Left wing needs to push its agenda and ruin hate based games and ideas. They should be forced by law toggle off males only since they took so long to add female characters, because the devs and their neckbeard fanboys are so full of hate for strong women.

63 43
 Cadiz

@link_mah_boi said:
Because under recent pressure from PCGamer they deconfirmed the client-side gender toggle, which a significant part of the playerbase wanted, giving a very weak reason for doing so. Obviously people are going to use the game's discussion forum to give their feedback to the devs on this. If you approve of people censoring the things you don't like, that kind of does make you a fan of censorship.

Never said anything about approving it. The discussion is clearly being had, I just don't think it's necessary to have 40 different forums on the same subject filling the top of the board with the same people and the same arguments. I'm pretty indifferent to the subject itself, but I was curious about the flood of the same topics being created. It's mostly just a spam thing.

Knight 7759 14277

Why give a shoutout to "whoever" when you can just click the closed threads and see who closed them lmao

So, shoutout to my waifu/husbando Lux and that weirdo Duck

274 320
  • 8 Jul
 DrGert

This thread has a strong possibility of ironically turning into the very type of thread that you’re thanking the moderators for closing.

43 32
 Alasdair

more importantly a new sseth video.

975 702
  • 9 Jul
 esturias

So far, most of the threads about this got started by completely deluded people who think that this game is a realistic one about history, only because it has some weapons and armors that look like real ones. Closing those threads makes sense.

63 43
  • 9 Jul
 Cadiz

@ToLazy4Name said:
Why give a shoutout to "whoever" when you can just click the closed threads and see who closed them lmao

So, shoutout to my waifu/husbando Lux and that weirdo Duck

I know I wouldn't have the patience to root through these or any forum. Sounds like cancer. Lux best husbando.

1 0
  • 9 Jul
 kit.nore

I would like to throw my thoughts in here, probably has been mentioned before, but i just want to say it. Mordhau takes place in the middle ages. There were no women on the battlefield, period. Wenn there was one, it was extremely rare. Once in a century or less. So that you can't play as a female warrior makes sense within the world of Mordhau. I don't think it would be bad if they implemented it, but i definitely don't think they should be judged for it. And in battle, i don't look at what gender they have, but how to kill them as quickly as possible. So to add females really is just to satisfy our societies need to make women equal to men. However, it is complaints such as these that create more hatred for feminism. Therefore, if you want to play a woman, play a rpg. Mordhau is a battle game. It's not about looks, it's not about gender. It's about the glory of battle amd it shouldn't matter in what kind of ingame body you experience it in.

274 320
  • 10 Jul
 DrGert

Welp.. definitely didn’t see that one coming.

975 702
  • 10 Jul
 esturias

@kit.nore said:
It's about the glory of battle amd it shouldn't matter in what kind of ingame body you experience it in.

Exactly. So let's all eagerly wait for the addition of female bodies to the game - and in the meantime laugh about people's delusion.

957 306

@kit.nore said:
I would like to throw my thoughts in here, probably has been mentioned before, but i just want to say it. Mordhau takes place in the middle ages. There were no women on the battlefield, period. Wenn there was one, it was extremely rare. Once in a century or less. So that you can't play as a female warrior makes sense within the world of Mordhau. I don't think it would be bad if they implemented it, but i definitely don't think they should be judged for it. And in battle, i don't look at what gender they have, but how to kill them as quickly as possible. So to add females really is just to satisfy our societies need to make women equal to men. However, it is complaints such as these that create more hatred for feminism. Therefore, if you want to play a woman, play a rpg. Mordhau is a battle game. It's not about looks, it's not about gender. It's about the glory of battle amd it shouldn't matter in what kind of ingame body you experience it in.

its based off of it not a actual Medevil simulator

17 28
  • 10 Jul
 Khakedais

@Antoniokontos said:

@kit.nore said:

its based off of it not a actual Medevil simulator

No. Sorry to have to tell you this, but this game is a far cry from being realistic. The mishmash of arms and armour and the inability to stick and pick a certain period of time makes it very unrealistic and unimmersive. Chivalry did a much better job with the theme there, but it was bad there too anyway. Of course, the design of most of the armour and weapon is absolutely excellent when it comes to realism, in my opinion at least. The lack of realism doesn't make the fact that there are so many different sets of armour and weapons not a good thing though, it adds a lot of nice diversity to the gameplay. You can go with a halberd just as much as a rapier or a longsword. Hell, you can go halberd and do your best to cosplay as a viking or something.

1757 1412
  • 10 Jul
 Rergato

I fucking HATE women. Women are DISGUSTING. If I EVER see a WOMAN in my MEDIEVAL video game I will PROBABLY NOT PLAY IT.

1 0

@Rergato said:
I fucking HATE women. Women are DISGUSTING. If I EVER see a WOMAN in my MEDIEVAL video game I will PROBABLY NOT PLAY IT.

Can't tell if sarcasm or not

63 43
  • 10 Jul
 Cadiz

@esturias said:

@kit.nore said:
It's about the glory of battle amd it shouldn't matter in what kind of ingame body you experience it in.

Exactly. So let's all eagerly wait for the addition of female bodies to the game - and in the meantime laugh about people's delusion.

I'm actually pretty indifferent to the idea of adding females to the game for the most part. If there were political reasons for adding them then I'd be annoyed but I wouldn't mind making Priscilla from DS1 in the same way I made a Solaire or a Whiterun guard, but that's just for dicking around.

957 306

@Rergato said:

if you hate them why not play said game to chop them up