Mordhau

Thrust/pierce based gore (for spears n stuff)

6 8

So i was re-watching all of the mordhau dev-blogs to tame my humongous hype for this game. And i noticed something......
There is no gore variant for when you thrust/pierce someone ( and noone in the forums is bringing it up)
Now some of you may say that it has, but atm it's just a generic blood splatter. There is no unique gore variant for when someone is stabbed/pierced, only for cuts.

So my suggestion is to add unique gore variants for stabbing (open hole with blood around it and/or a small opening with dark tinted blood inside). This would be triggered if you thrust into someone's chest with either a spear, sword, halberd tip or dagger. Size could potentially vary depending on the weapon.

I could also ask for blunt gore, but im sure there are already treads about that.
This could spice things up if you guys have time to add it in.

PS. Thank you for making this awesome game, chiv is getting real old real quick.

3885 4913

Dude check out my awesome and totally not time consuming and budget sapping idea

2589 2052

@ToLazy4Name said:
Dude check out my awesome and totally not time consuming and budget sapping idea

240_F_57798586_jfogGaxb6Aq9qGCiaQUqZKhnobuS8EXi

934 1634

I actually agree. Gore is at a very high priority, the devs stated; gore for stabs isn't such an implausible thing.

I believe they can decide themselves if it's worth the investment or not.

318 668

Gore you ask for, gore you shall have:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3885 4913

GLOBAL WARMING

946 712

Kickstarter > Thrust based gore imho

6 8

But but BUT, what if it's one of the stretch goals of the kickstarter?
(€????- updated gore and blood effects)

1442 958
  • 6 Jan
 mrjoe

I'd like it, although it seems pretty demanding, I doubt if it is added it'd be a 3D wound, it would be more sensible if it was a detailed 2d texture/decal.

1383 720
 vanguard

In Chivalry I think that spears were the least satisfying weapon to kill people with, because you don't feel the impact of it. The spear goes through and the ragdoll enters in a very artificial death animation, there is no impact. In fact most weapons in chiv suffer from this tbh their impact is shit, takes alway the "weight" of the attack, idk. Feels very artificial.

Exanima on the other hand, spears feel fucking brutal, when you land that stab right in the face, fucking blood everywhere and the impact is huge like, sometimes you don't even kill the guy but he stumbles and fall on the floor all fucked up. Its beautiful really, specially when it sort of stucks in the face of your opponent for a few milisecs. This would be a great adittion to spear gore imo, like the ragdoll is a little bit stuck (for like 0.2 secs you know, just to give that feels) when you headshot people with its stab. Headshots with it would be really cool with this feature imo. You know headshots in CS, like the head goes all the way back, seems like it broke the neck even, this is really nice tbh and its basically just impact

So for me, if it has a good blood effect that appears from where you hit + nice impact its already 10/10. A hole decal would also be very nice imo, simple decals like games always did you see, don't need anything special here imo to look convincing and good enough.

423 367
  • 6 Jan
 Carlo_Mano

The problem with chiv was that ragdolls began at speed 0 even if the character was moving before.
But I recall a video with a superpunch that throws some dude in the sky team-rocket style. So i think it'll be ok here

6 8

Some other things:

-It doesn't have to be a 3d wound. 2d is great too if it looks decent.

-Adding to what carl said, it would be nice if ragdolls would have different starting speeds depending on the weapon and type of atack. So if some guy gets killed by a dagger thrust, he would just fall. But if the finishing blow would be let's say a maul swing, the guy would be flung to the side with great force.

• Smokingbobs makes some quallity memes.
549 2162
 crushed — Art

Big weapons have more ragdoll force then smaller weapons. Ragdoll force is also a bit randomized so that you do not get the same ragdoll everytime. The more damage something does, the less chance for a death animation since they feel bad compared to ragdolls on high damage/slow windup weapons such as the sledgehammer. Kills by leg hits force a ragdoll everytime.

934 1634

@TruDanklord.Legit. said:

• Smokingbobs makes some quallity memes.

I am humbled by this random compliment.

1383 720
  • 7 Jan
 vanguard

@crushed said:
Big weapons have more ragdoll force then smaller weapons. Ragdoll force is also a bit randomized so that you do not get the same ragdoll everytime. The more damage something does, the less chance for a death animation since they feel bad compared to ragdolls on high damage/slow windup weapons such as the sledgehammer. Kills by leg hits force a ragdoll everytime.

This game is gonna be fucking great man

1805 1120

In-fucking-deed Vanguard, in-fucking-deed.

623 660
  • 7 Jan
 Ranten

Implying this game will ever release