Mordhau

10 Different Ways to nerf Bloodlust

291 116

Not sure if I'm the first one to suggest in a seperate thread but I think the Bloodlust meta is getting out of hand. Either you're playing Bloodlust with a onehit weapon like the majority of people or you're playing another game entirely.
It's really clearly OP and many players on the battlefield use bloodlust, at least in frontline.

1)
Reduce cost to 4
Bloodlust grants 25 extra health on kill

2)
Increase Cost to 7
(the worst solution imo because people are just going to save the points on perks or armor and still get their setup)

3)
Bloodlust can only be triggered every 10 (20? 30?) seconds.
(to prevent players from healing twice in a short period of time)

4)
Bloodlust grants 5 life on every unblocked (+chambered) hit. (no life on kill)

5)
Bloodlust grants full life on kill but you're not allowed to use anything better than light armor.

6)
Bloodlust doesn't affect players on horses

7)
Bloodlust fully heals on kill but life regeneration has no effect.

8)
Reduce cost to 3
Instantly starts health regeneration for 3 seconds on kill (can only be interrupted by enemy hits. Regeneration continues if you walk slowly after 3 sec)

9)
Reduce cost to 4
Gain life equal to the last hit's damage on kill (more random, gain almost nothing on some kills if the enemy was low hp.

10)
Bloodlust has 3 stacks. After healing 3 times, the stacks are depleted and you need to die in order to get new stacks.
(Stacks and cooldowns could be displayed on the bottom / top right)

So far I like number 3, 5 and 6 and 7 the best. Tell me what you think about the different suggestions and if you think bloodlust should be nerfed or not. Also more than 1 of those are possible and all kinds of combinations, however we shouldn't try to make it too complex.

Knight 7577 13875

If there should by any nerf at all, it should just be to war axe and not bloodlust. If you increase the point cost of war axe by just one point, then someone running war axe + bloodlust will have to sacrifice a piece of armor. This means that they will give up t3 chest, making them susceptible to alot more 2 hits, or they'll have to give up either t2 helmet or t1 leggings, meaning they will be open to 1 shots.

Knight 755 3279
  • 8 Jul
 Mittsies

objectively best frontline bloodlust build is 3/3/2 + fireproof + friendly + cleaver (optionally drop 1 point of leg armor to get a pavice on back).cleaver is good enough to get a kill, in fact I frequently 1v2~1v3 with it just fine, and you can grab something better off the ground if no enemies are around.

I've done a lot of 3/3/0 + bloodlust + waraxe as well, but I feel gimped without fireproof/friendly, and leg hits do occasionally happen and a lot of the most common FL weapons 1-shot naked legs. the ground is constantly littered with zweihanders and executioner's swords in frontline, I see no reason to spend more than 1 point on a weapon.

291 116

@ Mittsies: I like the cleaver too. I also have executioner, war axe, rapier and heavy handaxe bloodlust builds.

@Lazy: Yea what I basically aimed for was to nerf the thing itself and not the weapon because the weapon is easy to replace.

Knight 7577 13875

I just don't see much of an issue with 3/3/3 no weapon/small weapon bloodlust builds. The effectiveness of a zweihander or halberd isn't that big of a step from a war axe when we're talking about stomping noobs, and if you're not stomping noobs then chances are you're not using bloodlust.

291 116

"Stomping noobs" sounds fun, but if you're the noob it might drive you away from the game.
I really hate to hit people for 80 and they heal after killing me...

129 141

There are some high level pub stompers that like to go for full armour, Bloodlust and a spear from the ground. These can be particularly annoying because they can kill to heal and maintain distance, but Bloodlust overall is a shit perk IMO considering kills already give back some health anyway.

E.g If you equip BL and take 50 damage from 2 opponents, kill them both you've recovered 50 extra HP. The next guy kills you, thus proving your investment of 5 points to be poor at a return of 50 HP (10HP per point). For 2 points you can equip Friendly (directly and indirectly saves HP) and Bandages (100 hp, refillable). This slows some of the damage that you take, gives you a greater effective HP pool and allows you to heal on demand without being directly in danger. It also leaves 3 points for hookers & coke.

I can see why new players hate it but I consider Bloodlust to be average to weak overall so can't condone a nerf.

1339 1396

Bloodlust is the symptom, not the disease. As long as loadout points have no meaning the value of perks is overexaggerated.

31 4
  • 9 Jul
 MEME

@ToLazy4Name said:
If there should by any nerf at all, it should just be to war axe and not bloodlust. If you increase the point cost of war axe by just one point, then someone running war axe + bloodlust will have to sacrifice a piece of armor. This means that they will give up t3 chest, making them susceptible to alot more 2 hits, or they'll have to give up either t2 helmet or t1 leggings, meaning they will be open to 1 shots.

yea true but flash wound should get buff

Knight 755 3279
  • 9 Jul
 Mittsies

[2 Points] Flash Wound - When reduced to 0 hp, the most recent wound you've received will burst into a flash of light and blind everyone within 100 feet. The blind effect lasts for up to 2 seconds, depending on how close you were to the flash.

291 116

@chill_clinton said:
There are some high level pub stompers that like to go for full armour, Bloodlust and a spear from the ground. These can be particularly annoying because they can kill to heal and maintain distance, but Bloodlust overall is a shit perk IMO considering kills already give back some health anyway.

E.g If you equip BL and take 50 damage from 2 opponents, kill them both you've recovered 50 extra HP. The next guy kills you, thus proving your investment of 5 points to be poor at a return of 50 HP (10HP per point). For 2 points you can equip Friendly (directly and indirectly saves HP) and Bandages (100 hp, refillable). This slows some of the damage that you take, gives you a greater effective HP pool and allows you to heal on demand without being directly in danger. It also leaves 3 points for hookers & coke.

I can see why new players hate it but I consider Bloodlust to be average to weak overall so can't condone a nerf.

Well it seems to me that over half the players are using bloodlust builds. At that point it's not "average to weak".
If everyone uses it, doesn't that mean there's almost no way around using bloodlust?
You have a point, it's not like there aren't other ways to heal and the default 25 health on kill I found confusing from the start.
I'd even go as far as to call bloodlust game-breaking.

1339 1396

You'd have a point if your premise was true. But it's far less than "over half the players" and certainly not "everyone".

129 141

@PC_Principal said:

Well it seems to me that over half the players are using bloodlust builds. At that point it's not "average to weak".
If everyone uses it, doesn't that mean there's almost no way around using bloodlust?
You have a point, it's not like there aren't other ways to heal and the default 25 health on kill I found confusing from the start.
I'd even go as far as to call bloodlust game-breaking.

I would say closer to 25% of any given lobby has the perk at any given time. As to whether that makes it good...? I can and do comfortably top most Frontline lobbies in kills for both sides and very rarely (basically never) use Bloodlust. I have Bandages & Friendly on just about all of my builds except weird novelties like the 3 x Firebomb guy. I assure you, players with Bloodlust are rarely a threat and are mostly easy pickings because they try insanely drastic and aggresive plays hoping to get health back and end up surrounded.

291 116

I think some of you are downplaying how strong the perk really is. It's not the cheapest, but the best heal in the game.
Of course not more than 50% constantly use bloodlust but they all have at least 3 bloodlust builds in their back pocket.
I think many players realize how op it is and therefore refrain from using it too much.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 12 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

Most players are not good enough to properly utilize bloodlust. Bloodlust might drastically increase the effectiveness of a good player, but it's only if they are good. If you can barely win a 1v1 against the average player, bloodlust is arguably more of a detriment than a benefit.

291 116

Yea, I'm aware that bloodlust doesn't turn me into an immortal god. Some players however, can be immortal gods if they know the game well enough and know how to profit off enemies mistakes in formation or 2v1 they like free kills more than anything so they go after naked, unarmed, builders, archers etc. to heal themselves.

1339 1396

The only downside of Bloodlust can be ignored in Frontline most of the time. I really don't see how this perk is more of a detriment than a benefit.

80 116

@SWSeriousMike said:
The only downside of Bloodlust can be ignored in Frontline most of the time. I really don't see how this perk is more of a detriment than a benefit.

Because once you're good enough to fully benefit from bloodlust, those 5 points are better spent on almost anything else imo

10 24
  • 12 Jul
 Khakedais

This is a topic I didn't expect but I'm happy to see. If there's a perk I see often it's Bloodlust, along with Friendly and the other common ones of course. Bloodlust to me is a rather blatantly overpowered perk. It has a hefty cost for a perk, but it provides the best healing in game. In multiway combat it allows you to bounce right back into the action (almost), and effectively pubstomp noobs. Now of course, a good player can destroy without the perk, and you obviously don't need the perk to do well at all, but I can't think of anything more ridiculous than something that just flat-out heals you back to full health when you kill someone. It's just crazy how you can pick this, a very strong weapon and still have points for decent armour.

942 292

Bloodlust ive learned is only infuriating when used by someone with a long weapon or that Arming sword 3/3/3 guy whos level 90 the rest of the time its just Knuckle heads like me running in and stabing to try to feed