Mordhau

Reverse Team Damage

64 35

There should be a system implemented where if a person hits their teammates too much, the system will start deflecting the damage back at the player. This is a system similar to Rainbow Six Siege, and will help solve many problems associated with cucks who just swing their swords around. However, this system should not be implemented at higher levels of play for obvious reasons.

307 124

eh? no thanks. Even though I hate teamkillers this is still bs. And what do you mean by higher levels of play?
Player levels? What if a level 90 teamkills a level 5, does the level 90 take no damage because he's level 90 and the level 5 player trying to get revenge will damage himself? This doesn't seem very well thought out.

64 35

@PC_Principal said:
eh? no thanks. Even though I hate teamkillers this is still bs. And what do you mean by higher levels of play?
Player levels? What if a level 90 teamkills a level 5, does the level 90 take no damage because he's level 90 and the level 5 player trying to get revenge will damage himself? This doesn't seem very well thought out.

How is it bs? How is it bs to get punished for swinging your sword around like a buffoon? Explain. Also when I mean higher level play, I mean the top tier competitive scrim level games. It ruins the flow of the scrim game if you suddenly die because you accidentally kill your teammate. You should instead kill your teammate for that misplay.

307 124

Because in my opinion, there are better ways to deal with teamkillers. I went a bit too far with this reply. So I'm posting the second part in a seperate thread and adress your suggestion only. I also didn't see the 2 words "too much" in your comment, which is why I called bs, I thought you wanted to reflect all team damage right from the start.

The stereotype con-argument:
Why shouldn't you get punished for running into your teammates swings or duels? you have to watch out what the guys left and right from you do or find distance from the nearest teammate or good timing and angle, which means having your back cleared and vision on your team and the enemy. It also takes some skill not to get hit by teammates.
Let's say you're (example) greedy and try to steal a kill from 2 other teammates, they would eventually die when on low hp from reflected team damage and you got the kill but it's your fault. Shit happens, sometimes teammates hit you. If someone kills you purposely you should start a kick vote, even though ben shapiro wouldn't approve of vote kicks because he thinks teamkilling is an expression of intellectual practice of freedom of speech.

The compromise:
Make it only affect chronic teamkillers but reflect damage like you said.
Let the game count the amount of team damage dealt, the number of teamkills and the number of opponents killed.

If Team Damage > 200
If Team Kills >= 3
If Team Kills * 3 >= Kills

when all 3 are positive, reflect the team damage, but leave out the player level because they have nothing to do with it.
If a guy does good kills, but some idiot keep running into his bear traps (I think they don't count towards team damage) or into his swings, he shouldn't be punished. I set it to 3x the teamkills, so you need 9 kills to compensate for the 3 TK. If you're halfway oriented towards killing enemies instead of teammates, you shouldn't suffer reflection.

64 35

@PC_Principal said:
Because in my opinion, there are better ways to deal with teamkillers. I went a bit too far with this reply. So I'm posting the second part in a seperate thread and adress your suggestion only. I also didn't see the 2 words "too much" in your comment, which is why I called bs, I thought you wanted to reflect all team damage right from the start.

The stereotype con-argument:
Why shouldn't you get punished for running into your teammates swings or duels? you have to watch out what the guys left and right from you do or find distance from the nearest teammate or good timing and angle, which means having your back cleared and vision on your team and the enemy. It also takes some skill not to get hit by teammates.
Let's say you're (example) greedy and try to steal a kill from 2 other teammates, they would eventually die when on low hp from reflected team damage and you got the kill but it's your fault. Shit happens, sometimes teammates hit you. If someone kills you purposely you should start a kick vote, even though ben shapiro wouldn't approve of vote kicks because he thinks teamkilling is an expression of intellectual practice of freedom of speech.

The compromise:
Make it only affect chronic teamkillers but reflect damage like you said.
Let the game count the amount of team damage dealt, the number of teamkills and the number of opponents killed.

If Team Damage > 200
If Team Kills >= 3
If Team Kills * 3 >= Kills

when all 3 are positive, reflect the team damage, but leave out the player level because they have nothing to do with it.
If a guy does good kills, but some idiot keep running into his bear traps (I think they don't count towards team damage) or into his swings, he shouldn't be punished. I set it to 3x the teamkills, so you need 9 kills to compensate for the 3 TK. If you're halfway oriented towards killing enemies instead of teammates, you shouldn't suffer reflection.

Thank you. This is more reasonable.