Mordhau

Delete horses

214 177
  • 8 Jul
 Dialectic

Can't stand them.

195 80

why stand on a horse...when you can ride?

214 177
  • 8 Jul
 Dialectic

Why Stand or ride on them when you could delete them?

Worst part of this game. They are basically the anti fun police. Hey you! You in a fight!? Having fun with the game mechanics? Nah nah nah, that's unacceptable. Here's an instagib to the back

Knight 7090 12910

SHIELDS BAD HORSES BAD CROSSROADS BAD JAVELINS BAD

GIVE ME FEMALES AND HIGHLANDS

MAKE ME MOD

121 113
  • 8 Jul
 Unlikely

It can be done on a private server. I found the instructions here.

214 177
  • 8 Jul
 Dialectic

@ToLazy4Name said:
SHIELDS BAD HORSES BAD CROSSROADS BAD JAVELINS BAD

GIVE ME FEMALES AND HIGHLANDS

MAKE ME MOD

Well when you put it that way, you've got my vote

195 80

I'm just rage quitting crossroads, easy.

117 124

"Someone on the other side of the map just turned their back to me"

horse2.png

214 177
  • 10 Jul
 Dialectic

Why was so much thought put into making sure Archery is in the game and also fun and viable while not taking away from the focus of the melee combat, yet horses are slapped in as free insta gibs that can run away indefinitely?

117 124

@Dialectic said:
Why was so much thought put into making sure Archery is in the game and also fun and viable while not taking away from the focus of the melee combat, yet horses are slapped in as free insta gibs that can run away indefinitely?

Time + financial pressure to the get the game released. Little to 'neigh' thought was given to the horse balance comparatively because they were implemented shortly before release.

195 80

Sometimes, things just don't need to be balanced perfectly. Let's say I enjoyed peasant builds and throwing rocks at people with armor and big 2h weapons. I woudn't ask to remove 2 hand weapons because I'm clearly not well equipped.
Same goes for the horse imo, you can take any long weapon and make the rider fall off. They're not as op as many people act, you can block still, but will fall to the ground.

214 177
  • 10 Jul
 Dialectic

The time pressure point makes sense, I hope they tweak the horses soon.

Regarding balance, I'm not suggesting a perfect utopian balance. I'm just asking for horses to be less bullshit

18 39

Playing crossroads if the enemy holds the center and has good cavalry is indeed extremly frustrating.
Had several games like that the last few days where most of the team couldnt even get within the walls of the center.

Not sure what they should about it, i mean they have to be powerfull otherwise there's no point using them. But they also have to be not too hard to counter, otherwise it becomes too frustrating, especially when there are a lot of them.
Right now it does feel they are a bit too strong or too fast, or that some new way to counter them should be added. Its only a problem on crossroads though, due to the number of them and open space. So perhaps some extra defense structures would be a good idea, making it easier to reach the walls of the center, or some terrain or objects that you can use to avoid the cavalry (rocks etc.)

51 12

Get god noob

195 80

look, it's a bunch of bloodlust meta slaves complaining about being oneshot.

301 191
  • 10 Jul
 esturias

@PC_Principal said:
Sometimes, things just don't need to be balanced perfectly. Let's say I enjoyed peasant builds and throwing rocks at people with armor and big 2h weapons. I woudn't ask to remove 2 hand weapons because I'm clearly not well equipped.
Same goes for the horse imo, you can take any long weapon and make the rider fall off. They're not as op as many people act, you can block still, but will fall to the ground.

That's not how balance works.
Horses are gamebreaking because of several well known reasons and they need to get rebalanced. There is no way around that in order to fix the game.

328 486
  • 10 Jul
 smug

Just move to the side man.

195 80

Except you didn't mention tweaking, you're asking for removal.
I love myself some sweet lemonade.

301 191
  • 10 Jul
 esturias

Whom are you talking to?
Are you drunk?

Count 766 2942

Possibly magenta or a subtle shade of purple.