Mordhau

Reducing red parries?

Knight 462 446

I'm not sure why but since the last update I've been getting an insane amount of red parries, to the point where it happens every other duel, I only play on low ping servers and i rarely get packet loss so I'm really not sure what's causing it, a lot of the time it's not even in the ms range and I get hit mid block.

Are there any settings i can tweak to try to get it to be less frequent?

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTv2J3gnBhA

166 98

I have never experienced or noticed it until recently, thought maybe my timing was off or any issue with the internet connection, maybe not.

129 141

Yes I have seen this behaviour too, as recently as last night in fact. Perfectly timed and aimed parry but the blow sails right through it. No expert but I put it down to packet loss or some other type of server fuckery.

138 218
  • 8 Jul
 DylanS_98

Same. Have it happen to me a lot and it's not fun. People like to chalk it up to just being bad, but every time I go back over my footage I clearly have parried at the right time.

41 31

This is a mechanic I dont know enough about. I havent seen it well documented anywhere. Care to enlighten me?

717 594

this has always happened randomly to me since release but im glad more ppl are experiencing it to bring attn to it

954 302

as someone who just reacentlt stoped being on 300 ping i always had this issue tbh i think its just server issues

63 43
 Cadiz

Do you use Wifi or are you wired?

200 393

looks like a drag to me

138 218
  • 8 Jul
 DylanS_98

If it has to do with latency, then it definitely is a server issue but it would seem kind of ridiculous to say all servers suffer from lag / packet loss (But maybe they do, or something in the games netcode is causing it?)

Kind of hard to say it's my internet considering I'm on a fiber optic connection.

33 25
  • 8 Jul
 Demfr

@SherbershLemel said:
looks like a drag to me

So drag cant be parried ok...

82 89
  • 9 Jul
 Xanith

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this shit too. I can't even tell you how many times I've been dueling someone, both of us have good ping, I have a stable 144fps, I know they're going to drag, I anticipate it, delay my parry, and still get hit. I don't know if it's some hitbox fuckery or what but I haven't said anything about it because I feel like I'd just get "git gud xd" screeched at me as if I don't have thousands of hours in Chiv and this game and haven't figured out how to parry drags yet.

954 302

@Demfr said:

@SherbershLemel said:
looks like a drag to me

they are pretty dificult to esspectialy halberds

Knight 20 22
  • 9 Jul
 woof_raff

I'm about 95% sure that is just you being dragged, usually when you see your weapon completely in the parry animation before the weapon reaches you you're going to be hit by the drag. A red parry is different, usually it's you waiting too long to parry, sometimes it's entirely your fault, like if you play on green ping, or due to the server latency at way higher pings. Since you say you don't play on such servers any parry mishaps you get are likely your fault. Also, on a red parry you don't even see the parry animation at all it's so late of a parry.

200 393

@Demfr said:

@SherbershLemel said:
looks like a drag to me

he parried too early

30 46
  • 9 Jul
 Treusturm

Did you watch the video slow motion?

I did and there is a problem there, most likely server related though.

Knight 224 514
717 594

lol that was too LATE huh. god damn

does increasing the ticrate help this issue?