Mordhau

Make a melee only game mode or map, or this game will continue to die

102 72
  • 7 Jul
 smokratez

Archers, javalins and firebombs ruin tdm servers. I've asked people to not play ranged and that they are killing the game. They don't care. Unless the devs make something like this, there is no point in playing anymore. I don't want to deal with these annoying little babies. Horses already ruin frontline. Can you not make it fun to play melee somewhere? Is that too much to ask? To be able to play somewhere without annoying ranged children ruining the fun. Thanks.

129 141

It's honestly hard to find a duel server that doesn't have a mini-ballista built and spamming bolts at people, let alone a game of Frontline.

The toolbox was a mistake...

239 287
 idiotgod

It's literally stupid they are taking so long to implement a simple duel mode.

It's almost as if they actually think sticking 30 people of random skill and toxicity levels shoulder to shoulder on a teenie tiny map and expecting them to make their own fucking rules is a sufficient main game mode for the first three months of official release (and for the foreseeable future) Roflmao

It just feels like shit in one way or another to play any of the avail game modes for any extended period of time. The game, no shit, needed at least a year more to be worked on. And they were even told that by the majority of their alpha backers, except a few really unintelligent ones like stouty. Who insisted the game was "finished"

What the fuck are the 12k people even doing? How can u stand these modes for so long? Plz tell me what keeps u going....

717 587

imagine having your game orient around high level dueling, but you can't figure out how to design a game mode or any mechanics around it

here's some simple game design for a duel game mode: everyone starts with godmode. both players wanting to duel aim their crosshairs at eachother and flourish to accept a duel. once the duel is initiated, they can only take damage from the person they're dueling. if they get too far from the other player, they automatically forfeit the duel.

bonus anti-trolling measures: during a duel, all other players turn transparent and you can't collide with them or interact with them in any way (and vice versa)

1287 3791

do all of you ppl really wanna sit on a menu screen waiting for a duel only to either destroy or get destroyed in a matter of seconds just to go back to the waiting screen

deathmatch aint perfect but your not spending the majority of your time with your thumb up your ass

604 474
  • 7 Jul
 esturias

@smokratez said:
I've asked people to not play ranged and that they are killing the game. They don't care.

Because that claim is nonsense.

239 287
  • 7 Jul
 idiotgod

@TombstoneJack said:
do all of you ppl really wanna sit on a menu screen waiting for a duel only to either destroy or get destroyed in a matter of seconds just to go back to the waiting screen

deathmatch aint perfect but your not spending the majority of your time with your thumb up your ass

Nice try, but in chiv there was no waiting in duels, unless you wanted to fight someone specific.

If you like dueling around 29 other people on contraband, with no stakes for winning or losing, and where every match is going to be marred with some kind of retardation or toxicity, that's fine, but don't pretend you actually know what you're talking about, my thumb was never in my ass, so I donno why you put yours up there.

7 4
  • 7 Jul
 Spychopat

@TombstoneJack said:

Huuuu... Remember Chivalry ? There was a duel mode, and it was not about waiting in matchmaking. Duel was just a simple gamemode, a lot of people could join a duel server, then you add to challenge other players from the players list, and once someone agree to fight you, you are put in duel with him. Every other players was invisible, so you had the whole map for your duel. Every duel was happening in a "parallel dimension". Once you finish the fight (it was a BO3 or BO5 i don't remember), you can either choose to rematch, or fight someone else. When you hit the button to challenge everyone at once, you get a new duel in seconds.

239 287
  • 7 Jul
 idiotgod

@Spychopat said:

@TombstoneJack said:

Huuuu... Remember Chivalry ? There was a duel mode, and it was not about waiting in matchmaking. Duel was just a simple gamemode, a lot of people could join a duel server, then you add to challenge other players from the players list, and once someone agree to fight you, you are put in duel with him. Every other players was invisible, so you had the whole map for your duel. Every duel was happening in a "parallel dimension". Once you finish the fight (it was a BO3 or BO5 i don't remember), you can either choose to rematch, or fight someone else. When you hit the button to challenge everyone at once, you get a new duel in seconds.

nah man it totally sucks being able to hit "rematch" and instantly be fighting the same guy again. My thumb is always WAY up my ass at this part.

I also HATED how in Chivaly duel mode there were 3 rounds, meaning as a shitty bad player, I couldn't just get 1 fluke hit, and walk away with a victory. I actually had to defeat my opponent consistently, at least 2/3 times, to feel like I was actually better. total bs if u ask me

102 72
  • 8 Jul
 smokratez

@esturias said:

@smokratez said:
I've asked people to not play ranged and that they are killing the game. They don't care.

Because that claim is nonsense.

No, because they are only children. They only care about their own fun.

32 32

Impying that the game is dying because of archers/horses and not because of lack of content, incompetent moderation leading to high toxicity and an inherently exploitable melee gameplay that pushes casuals away. Seems about right.

604 474
  • 8 Jul
 esturias

@smokratez said:
No, because they are only children. They only care about their own fun.

Firebombs are indeed broken. Javelins are just annoying. Archers? Oh, please.
Given the current state of gamebalance, you'd have to call every second player a child.

What equip do you use? 1h weapons without a shield?

57 17
  • 22 Jul
 lordlemon

Join one then you dip xD don't like like it, rent your own server dippy

81 88
  • 23 Jul
 Xanith

open mordhau
click frontline because can't find any tdm servers
"first game of the day lets go woo"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXA5PTKxzI happens
close mordhau

32 32

Mordhau is dying so let's kill the little diversity in playstyles the game has, that will attract more people!

Lack of content and ranked modes despite selling over a million copies, terrible main game mode, becoming infamous for it's toxicity, those are all secondary issues.