Mordhau

DDOSed by [Name Redacted]

Knight 27 29
  • 7 Jul
 FoxyTorryn

That is literally their user name. What the fuck are you devs even doing to prevent this kind of shit? I shouldn't have to fucking constantly subscribe and use a VPN. Where are your security measures? Where is your moderation? Do you even give a FUCK about the quality of your community?

63 43
  • 7 Jul
 Cadiz

That's pretty rough man. Getting mad at the devs won't solve anything but still. Pretty brutal. Hopefully the turbo-virgin behind it doesn't send a bunch of pizzas to your house.

Knight 27 29
  • 7 Jul
 FoxyTorryn

@Cadiz said:
That's pretty rough man. Getting mad at the devs won't solve anything but still. Pretty brutal. Hopefully the turbo-virgin behind it doesn't send a bunch of pizzas to your house.

I'm pretty pissed. Cyber attacks are a crime but unfortunately I am unable to get info necessary to report to the police. This kind of shit is just unacceptable.

532 283
  • 7 Jul
 Gambit

Well you're just a cunt.

I have a signature

Knight 27 29
  • 7 Jul
 FoxyTorryn

@Gambit said:
Well you're just a cunt.

I have a signature

You should be saying that to yourself in a mirror.

532 283
 Gambit

@FoxyTorryn said:

@Gambit said:
Well you're just a cunt.

I have a signature

Are you even old enough to play this game

Knight 27 29
  • 7 Jul
 FoxyTorryn

@Gambit said:

@FoxyTorryn said:

@Gambit said:
Well you're just a cunt.

I have a signature

Are you even old enough to play this game

My age is non of your concern but I'd wager I am older than you. You have contributed nothing. You only come here and call me a cunt. That is the kind of thing a cunt would do. If you have nothing useful to say then shove it.

618 479
 esturias

@FoxyTorryn said:
this kind of shit?

You completely forgot to explain what "that kind of shit" is...
People claim "that kind of shit" and other kinds of shit all the time.

Sooo... what exactly happened?

367 340
  • 7 Jul
 Peacerer

@FoxyTorryn
Developers can't do much if you're under DDOS.

Knight 614 1111
  • 7 Jul
 Uncy

@FoxyTorryn said:
That is literally their user name. What the fuck are you devs even doing to prevent this kind of shit? I shouldn't have to fucking constantly subscribe and use a VPN. Where are your security measures? Where is your moderation? Do you even give a FUCK about the quality of your community?

How did you get ddosed if you were only in game with the guy?

18 29

how about you switch to decaf and tell the story for the rest of us?

Knight 27 29
  • 7 Jul
 FoxyTorryn

I thought I explained earlier but essentially after incessent teamkilling and trolling I had massive frame drops and lag which I have never had before. He texts "Still there? :)" indicating he had done something quite fuckey. Then the software froze, eventually crashed, and I filled out a report. If it wasn't a DDOS then it was some other malicious action on his part.

274 320
  • 7 Jul
 DrGert

Wait.. were you team killing and trolling? Or was this other guy?

I don’t mean to badger you for minor details but this seems kind of important. Not saying that DDOSing a griefer is justified, but...

63 43
  • 7 Jul
 Cadiz

@FoxyTorryn said:
I'm pretty pissed. Cyber attacks are a crime but unfortunately I am unable to get info necessary to report to the police. This kind of shit is just unacceptable.

I agree. It's unacceptable that this happens to anyone. Getting frustrated and mad at people that aren't responsible won't help anything. The only one responsible for it is the script kiddy behind it. Did anythiny bad actually come from this other than the DDoS?

18 29

@DrGert said:

I don’t mean to badger you for minor details but this seems kind of important. Not saying that DDOSing a griefer is justified, but...

P.sure someone wouldn't come on here to complain about being DDoS'd after being the one who was teamkilling and trolling others lol

Guess at this point I gotta ask if its even feasible to DDoS someone, even an individual specifically, through a game? Not gonna lie, first time ive heard of such. I want to say it sounds like really shitty coincidence but im none the wiser about whats possible in mordhau when it comes to its under the hood connections.

129 180
  • 7 Jul
 CatR

@MisChief13B said:

@DrGert said:

P.sure someone wouldn't come on here to complain about being DDoS'd after being the one who was teamkilling and trolling others lol

Guess at this point I gotta ask if its even feasible to DDoS someone, even an individual specifically, through a game? Not gonna lie, first time ive heard of such. I want to say it sounds like really shitty coincidence but im none the wiser about whats possible in mordhau when it comes to its under the hood connections.

An exploit a decade ago was to try to ping the then Call Of Duty servers with a broken login request, and have it send the information to a target of choice. The server would repeatedly ask for verification it didn't get and in effect DDOSd the target's network with infinite failed requests. This exploit has since been patched but you wouldn't even need something as big as Activision to pull off the same stunt. All you need is one decent server with a similar vulnerability and you can field commercial grade attacks. Though usually people handle their services with a little more care these days, or at least they should be.

Of course that's being very fancy about it, there are much easier ways. Targeting someone in a game is feasible, but you'd be an idiot to do it.

Knight 27 29
  • 7 Jul
 FoxyTorryn

@DrGert said:

They were. And they claimed they were colorblind and we informed them of how to change the settings to mark teammates and he of course trolled by saying "I don't see it" I tell him hit H on keyboard "I can't. I don't have it". Bull shit I say. Proceed to be continuously run down by his trolling bitch ass using a horse and spear even though we were the same team.

178 165
  • 7 Jul
 Unlikely

@FoxyTorryn:

I thought I explained earlier but essentially after incessent teamkilling and trolling I had massive frame drops and lag which I have never had before. He texts "Still there? :)" indicating he had done something quite fuckey. Then the software froze, eventually crashed, and I filled out a report. If it wasn't a DDOS then it was some other malicious action on his part.

You didn't explain it earlier, hence the confusion.

• The fact that your game client crashed doesn't necessarily mean he caused it. Shit happens, there are still one or two bugs in Mordhau, and networks occasionally fail (particularly at my house). Even if he did cause the problem, for which there is no evidence, there's no reason to jump to the conclusion that he used a DDOS attack.
  • Sure, he behaved badly. The "color blind" comment was particularly stupid; red-blue color blindness isn't a thing, and total color blindness is rare. Obviously you can't prove he was griefing if your game client crashes; next time, report him in the usual way and good luck.
Knight 27 29
  • 9 Jul
 FoxyTorryn

@Unlikely said:
@FoxyTorryn:

You didn't explain it earlier, hence the confusion.

• The fact that your game client crashed doesn't necessarily mean he caused it. Shit happens, there are still one or two bugs in Mordhau, and networks occasionally fail (particularly at my house). Even if he did cause the problem, for which there is no evidence, there's no reason to jump to the conclusion that he used a DDOS attack.
  • Sure, he behaved badly. The "color blind" comment was particularly stupid; red-blue color blindness isn't a thing, and total color blindness is rare. Obviously you can't prove he was griefing if your game client crashes; next time, report him in the usual way and good luck.

Fair enough. Just in case I've done security upgrades. Are there any console commands I should know besides playerlist?

178 165
  • 10 Jul
 Unlikely

Some are listed here, probably not relevant to this issue but interesting to play with.