Mordhau

What is going to be considered a bannable offense in the official servers?

Baroness 5326 5835
  • 3 Jan
 Sammy

Essentially just teamkilling, pretending to be another user? Who fucking cares?

Count 2362 4323
  • 4 Jan
 DerFurst

Recruiting for ISIS is an acceptable use of Mordhau then. I will tell my MOooslEM brothers about this immediately. We will use the infidel's tools against them.

Knight 5000 7702
Knight 948 2008

teripperhasjoinedthebattle.png

Dunno why this makes me laugh so much. Maybe it's cause I can't imagine it. Impersonating the devs and messing with people might be something banworthy if it's frequent but I'm not so sure about other people. Maybe it if it's a concerted attempt to defame someone or something.

Count 260 304
 Zexis

hopefully mordhau will be treated with fairly 'mature' rules

swearing OK. griefing OK. 'adult' discussion...OK? probably depends on how explicit

racism, derogatory slurs, harassment, etc., no. save that for discord if you want. promoting a healthy (and marketable) community isn't the same as being 'PC'. hacking, no. in-game exploits shouldn't be bannable unless you explicitly ignore devs asking you to stop.

should be able to condense the rules into "don't be an ass." and there's the possibility of self-policing with votekicks, e.g. you can drive the catapult off a cliff but it doesn't mean your team has to like it

Knight 62 109
 Kaiowa

Speaking on bannable offenses, are there plans for a votekick system? Because seriously that's gotta be the most annoying feature on Chivalry, there's always more people abusing it than it actually being useful. Several times you did nothing but someone starts a vote and others insert because they don't care. I'm in favor of a ping limit leading to auto kicks and temporary bans for excessive team killing/damage, but allowing people to vote is always a bad call.

Knight 62 109
 Kaiowa

@vanguard said:
Or, a tool to mute these people even from writen chat. I guess this is the best option, because otherwise the game will either need some sort of autokick for some words (chivalry BR server had this, if you said rape in portuguese, you would take a automatic ban in your face), or police admins online 24/7 (chiv br also kinda had this tbh, it was a highly organized server. Even had autokick for TeamKilling based on points and shit!). But it must be really easy to see that the tool exist, and it gotta be easy to use you know.

Mute is a must for any online game, but banning words... no, because a words' meaning varies according to the context. Saying "I'll gangb### your mom" to harass another player is very different than yelling "GANGB###" when 4 players kill you.

Knight 5000 7702

@Zexis said:
hopefully mordhau will be treated with fairly 'mature' rules

swearing OK. griefing OK. 'adult' discussion...OK? probably depends on how explicit

racism, derogatory slurs, harassment, etc., no. save that for discord if you want. promoting a healthy (and marketable) community isn't the same as being 'PC'. hacking, no. in-game exploits shouldn't be bannable unless you explicitly ignore devs asking you to stop.

should be able to condense the rules into "don't be an ass." and there's the possibility of self-policing with votekicks, e.g. you can drive the catapult off a cliff but it doesn't mean your team has to like it

M U T E

Count 260 304
 Zexis

^look at it from the devs' perspective. what are new players going to think if they enter a server and a bunch of 16 y.o.s are screaming (literally or in chat) "f-ggot n-ggers hope you jew kikes burn in hell". makes the game look bad.

you and I might not give a shit and muting should be an option regardless but I can see why the devs would ban it. it won't make the game a hugbox.

** an alternative to a ban, and maybe this is what you meant, is a temp global mute of the offending player. not everything has to be a ban

Baron 819 961
  • 4 Jan
 Carlo_Mano

@Kaiowa said:
I'm in favor of a ping limit leading to auto kicks and temporary bans for excessive team killing/damage, but allowing people to vote is always a bad call.

Being able to vote and auto-kick should be things decided by the server host.

200 154
 nohbdy

TL;DR: The only banworthy offenses should be hacking and intentional team killing in my opinion. Notions such as being "too offensive," having ping that is "too high", or doing "too much" team damage are all far too subjective criteria for warranting a kick/ban. Relying on an administrator's subjective judgement to potentially ruin other players' subjective experiences is just an unnecessary form of authoritarianism that would lead to abuses of power and an unhealthy community.

An inherently subjective criterion such as someone being "too offensive" should have answers that are individualized. For example, giving each player the ability to mute other players only for themselves is simply the best option in that case. This keeps the effects of subjective judgement to oneself without being at the expense of others.

As for ping, I know competitive chiv players that complain when they have 90 ping and some that play excellently and don't complain with a constant ~120 ping. Some people might consider 140 ping "too much" while others might consider 200 to be. You'd also have to take into account how good the server is so a ping that you would consider to be "too much" in terms of playability would vary from server to server. Unless it's a premeditated competitive scrim between two region-organized teams then a high variation in ping can only be expected.

Lastly, team damage should merely have a built-in punishment unless the person is clearly attacking teammates intentionally in which case they should be banned. It wouldn't really be fair to ban people for "too much" accidental team damage because not only is that subjective but even the best players in the game do team damage from time to time. A built-in punishment such as restricting play-time by increasing the amount of time it takes for you to spawn depending on how much team damage you do in unranked servers like in chiv would probably be best. One tweak I would make though is that I would make the spawn-time penalty for team damage cumulative that progressively adds onto itself and doesn't reset until the next game starts. This is because human beings hasten to forget their immediate losses so casual players in Chivalry usually don't start being more careful about team damage just because their spawn-time is increased once. They know their spawn-time is only increased once so they assume once they get back out in the battlefield again they won't have anything to worry about the next time they die... and then they end up doing more team damage AGAIN. The amount of damage you do to your team does not go away though as you cannot change to past. The detriment you cause through team damage over the course of a game is cumulative, thus the punishment for it should also be cumulative.

Ranked/competitive play is a different story though. It's still not a good idea to kick someone for accidental team damage though because then being down on numbers is also really bad for the team when there are less total players in the match. However, in ranked/competitive play the only thing that matters is trying to win so the punishment for accidental team damage is self-evident; it hurts the efficacy of your teamwork and lowers your chances of winning, so there definitely should not be any other artificial punishment for team damage in that environment.

15 51
  • 9 Jan
 Vaz

Racism and vile insults during battles in the chat help make this game historically accurate

Knight 534 468
  • 10 Jan
 Garou

being afk.

Baron 819 961
  • 10 Jan
 Carlo_Mano

I don' want do get banned whenever i go poop!

Conscript 4154 4268
  • 10 Jan
 Sir Zombie

Poop your pants then

Baroness 5326 5835
  • 10 Jan
 Sammy

That's my fetish

Also ban anyone with a monobrow

Knight 303 470
  • 11 Jan
 Survii