Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Effects of Helmet & Leg armor tiers on movement speed reversed?

874 375
  • 5 Jul '19
 PC_Principal

It seems to me that leg armor doesn't slow you down significantly and the helmet does. It should be vice versa.
For the Body armor it's kinda normal. If you're only wearing a t3 helmet the bar is already down half almost.
You're walking with legs, therefore leg armor should slow you down more right?

129 141
  • 5 Jul '19
 chill_clinton

Not that the game truly models realism but in real life a heavy helm destroys your mobility and visibility because of how large, rigid and confining it is. Imagine your head is hot, you can barely turn it left or right, have restricted motion up and down and you're looking through a slit + a few holes near your mouth. Heavy leg armour wouldn't be pleasant I guess but would be far less of an impediment in battle overall.

874 375
  • 5 Jul '19
 PC_Principal

yes I thought of similar reasons, also for balance issues since t3 helm protects from many oneshots.
Still T3 pants almost have no effect in terms of slowing you. I find that weird.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 5 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

Is it almost none or literally none? There was talk in the alpha prior to release of making leg armor literally have no impact on your speed and I never got around to testing it.

129 141
  • 5 Jul '19
 chill_clinton

Each level of leg definitely makes a difference. I run T0 or mainly T1 leg because any more slows me down too much.

Can't say I notice a difference between 2/3/1 and 3/3/0 though.

874 375
  • 5 Jul '19
 PC_Principal

I have many 0 1 3 builds now and they're faster than 1 1 0

93 109
  • 5 Jul '19
 DefendinMyBase

Yeah level 3 leg armor slows you down as much as level 1 body armor. It’s weird, but I use it on my shieldboy since it lets him be real speedy and avoid getting one shot by people that go for leg sweeps under the shield.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 5 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

You only need tier 1 leg armor to avoid 1 shots.

129 141
  • 5 Jul '19
 chill_clinton

@PC_Principal said:
I have many 0 1 3 builds now and they're faster than 1 1 0

Interesting.

874 375
  • 5 Jul '19
 PC_Principal

well they're about the same but t2 and t3 helmet slow you significantly and leg armor almost doesn't so that's kind of an imbalance or wanted feature? Would be nice to know. Could use balancing in my opinion. The different helmets and armos look awesome, I'm very happy with the models to throw in some love <3

129 181
  • 6 Jul '19
 CatR

The head is the weakest point of your body, thus the helmet costs the most in terms of speed because you are gaining the most protection per point spent. The second weakest part of your body is your chest, which is why torso pieces are the second most penalizing to wear, because you gain the most effective HP compared to a helmet. Since legs are the strongest part of your body the armour is the least effective for the point value, you are compensated with that you aren't notably penalized for wearing it.

Simple math.

874 375
  • 6 Jul '19
 PC_Principal

Aight, thought so, thanks. Could close or lock this.