Mordhau

Extended Votekick & Automatic Report System

170 73

Hi,

Problem: Kicking doesn't work. People don't even notice the vote happening because they fight or don't know why someone wants to kick. Also it's not always easy if 2 players fight to find out who started it as a bystander.

The core of the Idea is to have a votekick menu that forces you to select a reason for kicking.
This reason will be saved in a database that can be turned into a violations page or tab on a small player profile you could open if you press tab and right click the name.

Here's the basic structure:

chat command !votekick or /votekick or just votekick
Add a unique sound beep when someone starts a vote to get players attention.
Make them select reasons from a dropdown menu with optional text field.

Reasons:

• Cheating
  • Abusing Bugs / Glitches
  • Griefing / Teamkill on purpose
  • Racism
  • Spam or unwanted advertisement
  • Insults & Violent threats

The Database creates a new entry only if the user is kicked, but each time he gets kicked. For now, kick votes don't get a lot of attention and blatant teamkillers often are not kicked. I still figure this the easier solution.

So the Database structure would look a little something like this, assuming you create an entry only when the player is kicked.

Columns:
Playername | Games Completed | Games Quit | Amount of times kicked | Cheating kicks | bugs kicks | griefing kicks | racism kicks | spam kicks | insult kicks

Example entry:
PC Principal | 340 | 194 | 8 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 4

From there you could calculate a percentage. 0% means you've never been kicked, 100% means you're kicked every game.
Example Profile:
Joey_Salad

Games Completed: 479
Games Quit: 158
Times Kicked: 138
these could be set to private by the user or hidden. These 3 together give us the number of total games. from where we can calculate that 1% is 7.75 games and divide the times kicked only because I don't wanna calculate forever.

Completed X % of games
Quit from X % of games
Kicked from 17.80% of games
Show violations:

Cheating: 0%
Bugs & Glitches: 0%
Teamkilling: 97.67%
Racism: 0%
Spam: 2.33%
Insults & Threats: 0%

This will help players trying to figure out who frequently gets kicked to lower the margin of error in votes.
Also it would enable server admins to set certain percentages as requirement to join. If you exceed it you get autokicked. Also racism enthusiasts could set a minimum number of times kicked for racism as requirement to join their private server. ;)
Csgo sends "bad players" to "bad player games" where there are more other cheaters, teamkillers and griefers. Could think about a similar system for Mordhau with that kind of a database. Csgo must have a similar database but it's not public. Maybe they have their reasons, I don't know about the law in all the countries.

To some this whole thing could look a bit orwellian but it's a game and you guys don't want to dispatch a team of babysitters to review cases individually right? If it's public, I think it's the best solution to show everyone at least why people get kicked, how often they're kicked in relation to the amount of games they completed. The amount of games are kind of a private thing to some people.

Let me know what you think about this below. For me, Teamkilling is the most annoying thing happening to this community, they're a little angry too but hey puberty is hell of a struggle lol.

170 73

Could add a statistic for average teamkills per game

371 381

CSGO's system is insanely good and not only got rid of most of the weirdo racist ppl, but actually changed the behavior of the community on a large scale thru pavlovian conditioning (and if someone thinks this is immoral somehow reminder that advertisements are specifically designed to psychologically manipulate ppl as much as possible)

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpotlessDoubtfulPrariedogWTRuck

58 60

"It's not immoral because immoral soulless corporations who engage in child labor for minimum overhead to sell for maximum product through psychological manipulation they legalized via bribing Western governments do it too."

1462242160485.gif

371 381

@DefendinMyBase said:
"It's not immoral because immoral soulless corporations who engage in child labor for minimum overhead to sell for maximum product through psychological manipulation they legalized via bribing Western governments do it too."

1462242160485.gif

i don't like advertisements either but the point is that 5000x way worse things exist than some harmless system that just weeds out antisocial behavior

280 182
  • 5 Jul
 esturias

A little more convenient and complex system would be good, of course. But remember that votekick abuse is an issue, too.
Before all that, we should get a usable scoreboard where ALL players are displayed - with more statistics, including teamdamage. And a player rating that shows trolls and idiots right away.

371 381

@esturias said:
A little more convenient and complex system would be good, of course. But remember that votekick abuse is an issue, too.
Before all that, we should get a usable scoreboard where ALL players are displayed - with more statistics, including teamdamage. And a player rating that shows trolls and idiots right away.

i agree with u, but all i'll say about the first bit is that to make a delicious omelette u gotta break a few eggs. it's bein abused already to kick ppl with playstyles ppl find annoying haha

170 73

@esturias said:

Yea we need to be able to scroll down.

I'm not too concerned about votekick abuse if we can see profiles and why they've been kicked in previous games. You can very easily distinguish if you can see he is kicked from more than 10% of games for ff.

170 73
280 182
  • 8 Jul
 esturias

That won't help...

170 73

Vote Orwell for kick!