Mordhau

The amount of stuck spots in this game is laughable

124 158

...and fixing them should be one of the top priorities IMO.

Every single map is just filled with them. I don't even have to go out of my way to find them; I'll just walk from the spawn to the objective and I'll already get stuck on a bucket, crate, spike, whatever.

I don't think there's even a point in listing specific spots I find because the fact they are so easily found just screams to me that map development does not focus enough on gameplay/playability. Maybe something to focus more on during future map development.

Here are a few examples.

395 590
  • 4 Jul
 smug

Yeah they didn't extensively test most of the maps because they spent 90% of playtesting duel/skirmish where people just run at eachother in the center of a map. There are times where I literally get stuck a patch of ground besides a tree when I'm trying to peek/repeek as an archer, it's laughable.

745 556
  • 4 Jul
 esturias

It's not only the places where you get really stuck that suck. It's the whole movement physics, where you just hang at every goddamn object, even round ones.
Same with the surface you stand on. As long as you are on flat ground, everything is fine, but uneven ground? Hell. Especially with an archer - bump up, bump down, bump up, bump down, stuck, glitch to the right, stuck, glitch again - impossible to hit something while evading enemy fire. And if you are on a flat spot, it's the enemies bumpng around and making them impossible to hit.
Similar problems wth melee, of course.

One of my major annoyances I have with the game.

Duke 548 912
  • 5 Jul
 Goatie

Everything has really detailed collision which adds to this problem. You need more simplified bubbles for things that don't really need to be fondled up close lol.

129 141

A catapult backed against a wall will cause the same weird floating behaviour demonstrated in the last gif.

Also the catapult can be positioned so that the rear half + player controlling it are submerged within the ground terrain. I've only seen this on Camp, usually on the gradient in front of the Ballista.

200 398

they should just allow for a ragdoll button, it solves most of these stuck spot problems.

745 556
  • 5 Jul
 esturias

@chill_clinton said:
Also the catapult can be positioned so that the rear half + player controlling it are submerged within the ground terrain. I've only seen this on Camp, usually on the gradient in front of the Ballista.

Can confirm that. Player is basically hidden and perfectly protected, only the top of the helm sticked out. Same on Crossroads near the red spawn.

294 117

I got stuck early on and just try to avoid those spots, still get stuck especially with catapult and ballista, with the ballista it's possible to twist your way out in most cases. I'm sure they're aware of that but haven't finished fixing it. You can help by making more screenshots or video footage of those stuck spots.

16 12
  • 6 Jul
 Archer

I know the devs are just a group of ten people, but development is way too slow. Dealing with the more annoying aspects constantly with no fixes in sight is just making me want to throw my hands up and stop playing. Could we at least get some kind of update as to what's being worked on? This is the exact shit that killed For Honor.

190 95

Most of these issues come from serious lack of actually play testing content b4 releasing.

However I'd go out on a limb and say the bigger issue is the player mesh size or bubble that's the true culprit behind this, coupled with the lack of bug testing on maps and here we go this is exactly what we have...

play a map with the ai on crossroads, blue bots will get stuck in mid air just before entering the gate hovering about a ft off the ground just stuck there but yet it wont effect us if we try to replicate it.

these things need lots and lots of testing, its gna be hard for such a small team to really fix this game properly with out spending some of the "MILLIONS" they just made on sum actual professional devs or team members that know about unreal engine more than they do.

294 117

@Archer said:
I know the devs are just a group of ten people, but development is way too slow. Dealing with the more annoying aspects constantly with no fixes in sight is just making me want to throw my hands up and stop playing. Could we at least get some kind of update as to what's being worked on? This is the exact shit that killed For Honor.

I really recommend you come back in 1-2 months and see what has been done. Impatience kills the games for you. Don't expect daily updates ;)
I've done similar for other early access games. Now officially this isn't early access anymore but it still feels like it and when I bought it 2 weeks ago it was still labeled early access in the steam store. They're just out of early access now, having to deal with all kinds of requests.
Another problem might be that there's one big "Bugs" thread and many small topics, they might just be focused on the big thread.

169 99

The little house in Grad has a ladder going up to the roof, there's a bench there to, it's another place to get stuck.

If they are working on it then good but releasing new content before fixing old content, game killer.

132 103

I get stuck often when dismounting the horse. It's really annoying, especially when a guy with foppish voice laughs as he hacks me to pieces while I'm floating in a corner

745 556
  • 8 Jul
 esturias

@Pandamansleep said:
I get stuck often when dismounting the horse.

I've seen that, too.
They should put that at the very end of the "fixing stuck spots"-list...