Mordhau

Please DON'T add different ethnicities (hear me out)

1339 1396

@Electric said:
People play Mordhau because its realistic of the medieval period!

Source?

66 91
  • 6 Jul
 SoRoofless

I’m not happy until there’s a black lesbian in each of my video games.

717 588

@SoRoofless said:
I’m not happy until there’s a black lesbian in each of my video games.

i like how black woman was too reasonable so u went with lesbian instead

39 97

Lord of the Rings game ... Mordhau style.

Play as Humans, orcs, dwarves...

Playable cave troll (general and commander from GRAD become playable characters)

Mental Orgasm :)

291 116

I'm with the OP because I think adding non-white avatars will increase racism.

383 577
 smug

So is the Mordhau community full of racists or is it not? Surely we don't have to worry about lynching LARPs if the Mordhau community isn't what the Journalists make it out to be right?

291 116

Clearly there are some individuals who'd prefer to kill black teammates instead.
Imagine being black IRL and chosing a black avatar holy shit.
People kill me for landsknecht pants.

383 577
  • 6 Jul
 smug

So the mordhau community IS toxic?

291 116

I think we're getting off topic here. Define toxic. To me, toxic has nothing to do with politics and just means an angry, hostile attitude to other people without proper reason. If I call someone toxic though, they think I called em a nazi. You also went from racist to toxic. The Mordhau community isn't 1 thing because it's more than 1 person and even 1 person is more than just toxic or a racist ;)
However, don't know if you've noticed, there are some people spamming NIGGA in the chat, casually talking about killing jews or black people in chat or celebrating freedom of speech in other fashion. Of course I know these are jokes or supposed to be jokes, but I'm rarely laughing. However, I'm not too bothered or affected by it, knowing I can't prevent it from happening and feeding the trolls won't help.
Some people make me laugh though, there are people that can make funny jokes about race without being racist or too cruel, in this community and in this game. Post your Kniggas is a fun word play that I'm okay with. Saying the word Nigga in context like "What's up ma niggas" isn't racist either because hispanic, few white and millions of black rappers use the word still and people don't care about that.
Still if you're white and say the word you'll be looked at like you just killed someone. It's total hypocrisy.
I'm used to racism online and it's not just this game, it can be found in many other games aswell.
But this community is indeed a little more racist and a little more toxic than other communities I have witnessed.

11 8
  • 6 Jul
 Volodymyr

Ok im new but ill say I am half Russian and Half Sicilian (Sicilian part is basically French, North African and Arab and I have about 10 percent of each Arab, North African and Norman.) Why I mention this is because even though I see that if it becomes a game where you can pick your race the feel might be diminished from a historically accurate sort of battle to a less historically accurate medieval game.

Sorry for the disgusting text jumble above but what im trying to make out is that while you may think it may break the lore theres actually a way it will work. The ottoman empire encompassed all of north Africa and the middle east or atleast a great swath of it at the time the game takes place [Medieval era] so its only reasonable that since the Ottomans have the Balkans in their territory and that this is a mercenary company that some Ottoman soldiers did desert or join for better pay. And as we know this can usher in Turks, Arabs and North Africans. Now seeing as this is not a kingdom against kingdom but a merc against merc its entirely plausible that this can happen and would shut the SJWs up about the devs hating other races. At the same time we can also add Kievan Rus warriors too. All it would take is a few extra voice actors.

11 8
  • 6 Jul
 Volodymyr

On the context of saying mean racist words. Who fucking cares? Its word don't get offended by alphabetic letters in a sentence strewn in a way to create a word that when orally spoken creates a mean meaning. What im trying to say here is its a word don't take it to seriously and devs please listen don't give a shit what the sjw hate mob of game journalism says they don't play your games. And for the rest of the people you can just mute or disable chat it saves a lot of space on your screen and you don't have to hear kids or manchildren spamming "Nigger" or whatever racial slur they can think of and for people that think they should be banned or limited its just a word that's all I got to say.

11 8
  • 6 Jul
 Volodymyr

@Volodymyr said:
On the context of saying mean racist words. Who fucking cares? Its word don't get offended by alphabetic letters in a sentence strewn in a way to create a word that when orally spoken creates a mean meaning. What im trying to say here is its a word don't take it to seriously and devs please listen don't give a shit what the sjw hate mob of game journalism says they don't play your games. And for the rest of the people you can just mute or disable chat it saves a lot of space on your screen and you don't have to hear kids or manchildren spamming "Nigger" or whatever racial slur they can think of and for people that think they should be banned or limited its just a word that's all I got to say.

Then again on the other hand when you do add females and different ethnicities then game journalists will say "Mordhau is a game where European knights slaughter and dismember women and people of colour"

11 8

I duped it by accident

9 13
  • 6 Jul
 dpmagician

@Cadiz said:
Were the Greecs/Romans white? Asking for a friend.

no those olive skinned bastards

2 1
  • 21 Jul
 JAGWired_

@smug Said

There should be a third faction called OutWorlders where we can have fantasy races. Just say some sort of interdimensional portal opened up connecting two disparate worlds.

This is a Historical European Medieval Hack'N Slash. It would totally detract from the game's atmosphere.

178 165
  • 21 Jul
 Unlikely

@smug said:

So is the Mordhau community full of racists or is it not? Surely we don't have to worry about lynching LARPs if the Mordhau community isn't what the Journalists make it out to be right?

The answer is right here in this thread. (Though we can quibble about whether it's "full of" or "lousy with" or just "plagued by a vocal minority of".)

Knight 7577 13875
  • 21 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@JAGWired_ said:
@smug Said

There should be a third faction called OutWorlders where we can have fantasy races. Just say some sort of interdimensional portal opened up connecting two disparate worlds.

This is a Historical European Medieval Hack'N Slash. It would totally detract from the game's atmosphere.

No it isn't.

though I agree that it would detract from the atmosphere

942 292

I like the Idea of adding different Races as they add more Area specific armors

5 4
  • 22 Jul
 ed

I'd be fine with Arab, North African, and Ottoman character models/weapons/armor as it actually has a place in European history (Crusades, Umayyad Conquest of Iberia, Ottoman Invasions, etc...) That being said though, currently the game has a very North-western/central European environment with maps and aesthetics right now so they would have to add some Mediterranean-like maps for it to make sense. Seeing people sporting turbans and scimitars in Camp or Grad just feels like it would look funny to me and break immersion. Zulu warriors and Samurai on the other hand have no place in this game imo.

942 292

@ed said:
I'd be fine with Arab, North African, and Ottoman character models/weapons/armor as it actually has a place in European history (Crusades, Umayyad Conquest of Iberia, Ottoman Invasions, etc...) That being said though, currently the game has a very North-western/central European environment with maps and aesthetics right now so they would have to add some Mediterranean-like maps for it to make sense. Seeing people sporting turbans and scimitars in Camp or Grad just feels like it would look funny to me and break immersion. Zulu warriors and Samurai on the other hand have no place in this game imo.

we already have Zulus though