Mordhau

Please DON'T add different ethnicities (hear me out)

13 51

I am a Muslim, and as much as I'd love to see a game representing Muslim warriors the fact is that is NOT what this game is. Like it or not (clearly not) the atmosphere and setting of this game is amalgamation of European knights. If you add minorities it would feel out of place. It isn't racism, it isn't bigotry. Same way I would not want to see white warriors in a game about Mongolians conquering Asia.

Ok, let's say you guys cave in. Let's say you add minorities. Well I don't accept that. That's fucking racist, if you are going to add black people I want to see zulu armor. If you are going to add arabs I want to see ottoman armor. Thats right, all the research on the different medieval periods that you did for the past few years to make the armors we have in game, I want you to painstakingly do again for different cultures. Yeah, it would be awesome, and while you are at it, add some fucking samurai. OH and pirates! And then there is the shit-storm of voice acting. If you are telling me that a black guy in crusader period armor yelling in a scottish accent "HaVe YeW SeEn THe SizE oF ThEs FoCkiN' SwoRd" is believable, I don't even know what to say. So at that point, add some ethnic accents to the voice acting. Yep, pull some cash out of your ass to add voices that don't fit with the games theme anyways, otherwise as a minority I say you guys are racist. I mean how could you not be racist, you added people of color but didn't give them the same treatment that white characters get.

You see the problem yet?

Your game is so fucking great because it allows players to have a badass fantasy. I can gucci my guy up with high level gear, get a cool sword and on the frontline battlefield players would have to genuinely think about engaging me because they would see that I am high level and know how to play the game. That is a genuinely awesome mechanic that I don't know if you guys planned for. If I see a ridiculous looking black guy in plate armor with his visor up shouting in British English, there is no way I could get that sense of intimidation that I could with a white character, not because I'm racist, but because it looks ridiculous. And I don't blame the player who made his character black. If he is black irl of course it makes sense that he wants to identify with his character, but it just doesn't translate well in game.

So just don't do this. If you did and ended up adding all those armors from different cultures with the voice acting included, I'd still say you ruined the game that I originally bought for the knight fantasy and I'd also say you could have spent the resources that you did to add that to add other things like maps, weapons, new actual knight armors and balancing.

Knight 7718 14222

You're aware that they are familiar with middle eastern and north african arms and armor and likely will add them in the future, right?

13 51

How do you know this, and furthermore how do you know that this isn't just talk? Also, yikes.

Knight 7718 14222

@AngstyGnomeChild said:
How do you know this, and furthermore how do you know that this isn't just talk? Also, yikes.

Dude, one of the fucking kickstarter stretch goals (the final one they barely missed) was middle eastern related content. Considering how well the game has sold, it's pretty damn likely it will eventually happen.

13 51

Huh... I hope they handle it the same way For Honor did. I hope they encase that content in lore so it makes sense, but yeah I'm pretty open to see how that turns out, as long as it they give it proper treatment.

129 181
  • 3 Jul
 CatR

I am not going to hear you out.

138 218
  • 3 Jul
 DylanS_98

It's just a game is it really that big of a deal.

80 117

@AngstyGnomeChild said:
Huh... I hope they handle it the same way For Honor did. I hope they encase that content in lore so it makes sense, but yeah I'm pretty open to see how that turns out, as long as it they give it proper treatment.

Let's hope they encase anything about this game in some lore.

399 593
 smug

Imagine typing out that thread title.

Mordhau would be cooler as a fantasy game anyway much like AoC's setting with giant horn helms etc. Would also be cool to be able to make an orc/elf in this game.

There should be a third faction called OutWorlders where we can have fantasy races. Just say some sort of interdimensional portal opened up connecting two disparate worlds.

63 43
 Cadiz

Were the Greecs/Romans white? Asking for a friend.

8 13
  • 3 Jul
 Electric

@smug said:

Mordhau would be cooler as a fantasy game anyway much like AoC's setting with giant horn helms etc. Would also be cool to be able to make an orc/elf in this game.

There should be a third faction called OutWorlders where we can have fantasy races. Just say some sort of interdimensional portal opened up connecting two disparate worlds.

This is a terrible idea, no offense. People play Mordhau because its realistic of the medieval period! If you want fantasy, go play a fantasy game, because Mordhau is not a fantasy game and has no plans to ever become one. Not trying to be rude, I just want to let you know you will recieve a lot of negative feedback on this idea from the Mordhau community. Whenever people brought this up with Chivalry, is was shot down, and it will happen with Mordhau.

Knight 7718 14222

@Electric said:
This is a terrible idea, no offense. People play Mordhau because its realistic of the medieval period! If you want fantasy, go play a fantasy game, because Mordhau is not a fantasy game and has no plans to ever become one.

No they don't lmao and while Mordhau is not fantasy it has never claimed or aimed to be realistic or 100% authentic

8 13
  • 3 Jul
 Electric

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Electric said:
This is a terrible idea, no offense. People play Mordhau because its realistic of the medieval period! If you want fantasy, go play a fantasy game, because Mordhau is not a fantasy game and has no plans to ever become one.

No they don't lmao and while Mordhau is not fantasy it has never claimed or aimed to be realistic or 100% authentic

Yeah that really wasn't the point of my comment, why would you get so hung up on my choice of wording? I was just trying to show that it has no fantasy elements, hence "realistic". I never implied it was 100% authentic, so chill out .

Knight 7718 14222

@Electric said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Electric said:

Yeah that really wasn't the point of my comment, why would you get so hung up on my choice of wording? I was just trying to show that it has no fantasy elements, hence "realistic". I never implied it was 100% authentic, so chill out .

fucking what

what the hell does this response mean

399 593
 smug

@Electric said:

@smug said:

This is a terrible idea, no offense. People play Mordhau because its realistic of the medieval period! If you want fantasy, go play a fantasy game, because Mordhau is not a fantasy game and has no plans to ever become one. Not trying to be rude, I just want to let you know you will recieve a lot of negative feedback on this idea from the Mordhau community. Whenever people brought this up with Chivalry, is was shot down, and it will happen with Mordhau.

Elderscrolls is more popular than KC:D

Look at how many people posted Jon Snow/Geralt LARPS during the release boom period, you seriously think people give two shits about euroboo historical realism? The most popular depiction of "medieval" times is a fucking fantasy tv show also known as Game of Thrones. You seriously think LESS people would buy this game if you could play as a fucking orc? Seriously?

You think this game sold millions because HEMA is a fucking mainstream interest?

129 181
  • 3 Jul
 CatR

I'd like to play as an orc.

31 12
  • 3 Jul
 Makozer

@Cadiz said:
Were the Greecs/Romans white? Asking for a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIjGKyrdT4Gja0VLO40RlOw

this is a roman youtuber, just take a look at him, then you have your answer for romans :D

Duke 552 936
  • 3 Jul
 Goatie

Chiv had better atmosphere cos fantasy. I think realistic medieval keeps an even smaller base around.

1757 1412
 Rergato

Too bad. They’re adding different ethnicities.

Quit whining. And I have doubts that you are what you claim you are, lmfao.

So I’m white— imagine going on a video game forum, and said video game takes place in Africa— devs are thinking about adding white mercenaries or some shit..

I go on there and say: “pLeAsE dOnT aDd WhItE pEoPlE”

That’s fucking retarded, pal, no one does that.
Go back to your hole.

Bwahahaha, you wouldn’t feel intimidated by a black character in plate armor, because it’s silly apparently, but you’re intimidated by bald white fat fire mages I’m guessing?

I know I’m being rude, and I’m talking down upon you, but there’s so much bullshit like this. It’s a video game. I’m just happy we don’t got a fuckin’ say and it’s the developers decision.

Baron 578 966
  • 4 Jul
 lash

I feel like this could be made in such a manner that your european arrmor will have a mirror in the eastern style and it will automatically switch on those DLC maps depending what team you choose.

I feel...conflicted about seeing those type of armors in one team with the european style.