Mordhau

What's going on in the developer's minds.

2 10

Triterion just wanted to make a game about swinging sword, and they did. It wasn't a game about minorities or women, it was a game about having a sword and swinging it.
This game was so popular, they tried their best to make as many people as possible enjoy it,. Some people wanted females in the game, so they tried to add that to appease those people, then people said they didn't enjoy women in their game, so they tried to add a toggle to remove women. Then people wanted racial minorities, so Triterion said "sure, if that makes the game fun for you", and added that. but, of course, people complained, so they wanted to add a switch for that too. Then people complained the switch was racist, so they removed that.
Now all people talk about in their game about swinging swords is if there's a racist/anti-racist agenda in the dev's minds.
They're not trying to censor you, they're not passing some mysterious agenda, they're not trying to erase your race from history and they aren't blackwashing history
They just want everyone to enjoy this game about swinging swords at each other, so please, PLEASE shut up about race and gender and swing the damn swords

60 178
  • 3 Jul
 Clyde

No, I will not cede any ground to the left, They have not added women or non-whites to the game yet and I won't support them if they do I and I will protest them ruining the game I paid for by appealing to people like you. This game is based on european identity and it should celebrate it, white european identity if you want it to be something else go play another game. there is nothing wrong with them making a game for white men. If other people like it sure? Enjoy it. I don't care, but I refuse to play a game where sub-Saharan-African women wear gothic knight armour, and I refuse to not speak up against it and resist it and speak out against it and there is nothing you can do to stop it. It's not a game just about sword combats its a game expression the european collective unconsciousness and history and you want to undermine white identity by design by destroying this representation in pop culture.

523 566
  • 3 Jul
 Deadmode

@Clyde said:
No, I will not cede any ground to the left, They have not added women or non-whites to the game yet and I won't support them if they do I and I will protest them ruining the game I paid for by appealing to people like you. This game is based on european identity and it should celebrate it, white european identity if you want it to be something else go play another game. there is nothing wrong with them making a game for white men. If other people like it sure? Enjoy it. I don't care, but I refuse to play a game where sub-Saharan-African women wear gothic knight armour, and I refuse to not speak up against it and resist it and speak out against it and there is nothing you can do to stop it. It's not a game just about sword combats its a game expression the european collective unconsciousness and history and you want to undermine white identity by design by destroying this representation in pop culture.

I bet you're a hit at parties.

24 34
  • 3 Jul
 Sayton

To say that this is just a game about "swinging swords" and has nothing to do with identity politics and the current outrage culture in today's society is extremely reductive if you ask me.

There's also stabs.

80 116

@Clyde said:

Yes, celebrate your whiteness by playing an online sword game where your character is naked, holding horse shit yelling have at them boys

20 26
  • 3 Jul
 Holden

@PinkerStinklage said:

@Clyde said:

Yes, celebrate your whiteness by playing an online sword game where your character is naked, holding horse shit yelling have at them boys

I will do just that.

80 116

oh no, my white identity is being undermined by devs adding women and other ethnicities nooo how will the white race ever recover :'(

Knight 7631 14008

@LethalKittens said:
people wanted females in the game, so they tried to add that to appease those people, then people said they didn't enjoy women in their game, so they tried to add a toggle to remove women.

Why do people keep assuming they began plans to add women after people started calling for it? They have had female characters planned for years now purely for customization reasons. They were not responding to any market demand or political agenda.

Conscript 4546 6279
  • 3 Jul
 vanguard

@ToLazy4Name said:

@LethalKittens said:
people wanted females in the game, so they tried to add that to appease those people, then people said they didn't enjoy women in their game, so they tried to add a toggle to remove women.

Why do people keep assuming they began plans to add women after people started calling for it? They have had female characters planned for years now purely for customization reasons. They were not responding to any market demand or political agenda.

But what about muh cultural Marxism lazy??? The left man, think on the left! Most of the devs are from ex-ussr states, do you think it's a coincidence????? Clearly the Vietcong are behind this one!

Conscript 4546 6279
  • 3 Jul
 vanguard

@Clyde said:

Have you considered pressing END irl friend? I think it's time you do tbh.

I don't think I have ever read so much dumb shit in one single post in my entire life, congratulations!

Knight 2593 6884

cultural viet cong

697 530
  • 3 Jul
 esturias

@Clyde said:
This game is based on european identity [...] its a game expression the european collective unconsciousness and history and you want to undermine white identity by design by destroying this representation in pop culture.

Err... what?
It's a silly game about melee combat that doesn't take itself any seriously. A few weapons and armor that are built after reallife examples doesn't make it a game "expressing history". Apart from some parts of the equipment, you have absolutely ZERO history in the game.
Right now it's just a game that started with "European content", but that doesn't mean that it has to stay like that.

Knight 7631 14008

@vanguard said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@LethalKittens said:

But what about muh cultural Marxism lazy??? The left man, think on the left! Most of the devs are from ex-ussr states, do you think it's a coincidence????? Clearly the Vietcong are behind this one!

In most circumstances it could be blamed on cultural marxism, but you can't just go around yelling that at everything you dislike without actually looking into it to confirm that it's a stupid political agenda

Stop being retarded you fucking retards

Knight 253 682
  • 3 Jul
 Iodine

@Clyde said:

I hope I never have to talk to anyone like you in my life lmao

60 178
  • 3 Jul
 Clyde

@esturias said:

@Clyde said:
This game is based on european identity [...] its a game expression the european collective unconsciousness and history and you want to undermine white identity by design by destroying this representation in pop culture.

Err... what?
It's a silly game about melee combat that doesn't take itself any seriously. A few weapons and armor that are built after reallife examples doesn't make it a game "expressing history". Apart from some parts of the equipment, you have absolutely ZERO history in the game.
Right now it's just a game that started with "European content", but that doesn't mean that it has to stay like that.

Its a pop culture game yes, but when you represent everyone you represent no one as it doesn't speak to the collective unconsciousness of a distinct people any longer. I play this game for a specific experience, and to celebrate a specific identity and place and time in the history of my folk, and I will ask for that experience to not be polluting genuinely and respectfully, and if it becomes polluted I simply won't play and support other games, but I refuse to give up an inch till it happens. I take it seriously when every single game that comes out like this is flooded with people trying to undermine its european identity in mass instantly and its for political reasons and you know it. People want to buy this game because it has a skin an identity they like a world they want to experience and be a part of not because they want to hit other people with imaginary sharp objects there's a deeper enjoyment to be had here than that, take that away from me and it loses its value I bought it for in the first place.

The game is absolutely full of history and identity you said it yourself it's built after real-life examples you have to be willfully dishonest to say otherwise, I'm just not going to buy support or play a game where you can be a Sub-Saharan-African female knight that's absurdly cringing levels of intersectionality. They will do this with every single game built around european identity and refuse to give us even a single game it was done with KCD and it's being done with this, I think they should just say no and continue producing the content we bought and wanted to begin with. if you think otherwise fine, I respect that. and your position and the free market will win out, but I won't say I disagree with it and don't want that happening in the content I want to pay for and support when its something I deeply care about. anyways I respect you taking the time to write a comment worth replying to.

523 566
  • 3 Jul
 Deadmode

O how thick the hat of foil thou doth adorn.

60 178
  • 3 Jul
 Clyde

By skin I mean most games like this are the same its a texture over a basic idea, this is a texture of an arena shooter or melee fps with a european identity, I would like it to stay that way if you think otherwise sure go for it. I'm not going to support a multicultural intersection game where sub-Saharan -African women characters can be made in full gothic armour that's absurdly cringe and ruins the game for me and I won't play or support it. I want my specific experience, identity and theme that I bought and expected at launch not to be defrauded and given a different one after release caused by hordes of leftist demands and threats at the developers to change it to suit their political agenda.

523 566
  • 3 Jul
 Deadmode

My new favourite Botas

80 116

@Clyde said:
By skin I mean most games like this are the same its a texture over a basic idea, this is a texture of an arena shooter or melee fps with a european identity, I would like it to stay that way if you think otherwise sure go for it. I'm not going to support a multicultural intersection game where sub-Saharan -African women characters can be made in full gothic armour that's absurdly cringe and ruins the game for me and I won't play or support it. I want my specific experience, identity and theme that I bought and expected at launch not to be defrauded and given a different one after release caused by hordes of leftist demands and threats at the developers to change it to suit their political agenda.

Celebrate your heritage by reading a fucking book, this is a VIDEO GAME. Females and other ethnicities are already in the game files, just not up to snuff for release according to devs. Getting worked up over a video game not being your last bastion of hope to celebrate your heritage is absurdly cringe.

60 178
  • 3 Jul
 Clyde

@PinkerStinklage said:

@Clyde said:

Celebrate your heritage by reading a fucking book, this is a VIDEO GAME. Females and other ethnicities are already in the game files, just not up to snuff for release according to devs. Getting worked up over a video game not being your last bastion of hope to celebrate your heritage is absurdly cringe.

No you act like the left isn't trying to push this in every medium they can including books, I will not give up a single medium, tv show, comic, movie, game, etc that expresses white identity to leftist hordes. Not happening man. Pop culture is important in modern times and you know it. in influences political change which is why the left. wants to impose their intersectional egalitarianism into it. They want to wield power and deconstruct white identity. I will voice what I want as the consumer what my interests are, and you can't do anything to stop me.