Mordhau

Triternion's official statement in regards to recent events

717 590

mods seem to actually be cracking down on anti-gay mentality now (an earlier post in this thread seemed to vanish) so that's a very, very good start

1392 1457

Still no guidelines. Can't be our duty to compare the forum with previous versions in the cache to try to infer some basic ideas about what is welcome and what is taking it too far.

717 590

@SWSeriousMike said:
Still no guidelines. Can't be our duty to compare the forum with previous versions in the cache to try to infer some basic ideas about what is welcome and what is taking it too far.

i'm sure they're in a very transitional state atm, but i'm super happy that they're making any effort at all at identifying that sort of thing

18 29

I love how divided as fuck everyone is over the normies coming in and trying to tell everyone how to speak and act despite the tools available for them to have their own experience readily available, and the pushback they're getting from the established community that had been around for years and had lived in peace.

Makes the ingame combat feel like people are bringing their fiery passions and ideas of justice to the fight just like the era represented.

Except they're internet nonissues.

1392 1457

Calling others normies while assuming to have the popular opinion is pretty funny.

717 590

@MisChief13B said:
I love how divided as fuck everyone is over the normies coming in and trying to tell everyone how to speak and act despite the tools available for them to have their own experience readily available, and the pushback they're getting from the established community that had been around for years and had lived in peace.

Makes the ingame combat feel like people are bringing their fiery passions and ideas of justice to the fight just like the era represented.

god damn normal people. i'm sick of em!!!

129 181
  • 6 Jul
 CatR

Normal people, they've had majority rule for TOO long I say! No one looks out for mino-Wait.

81 30
  • 6 Jul
 de.tail

Just out of interest, where do people keep plucking the idea that this is a "medieval european" slasher game from? I don't see it mentioned anywhere on the kickstarter campaign or the steam store page, or on the official homepage of Mordhau.

The medieval era spanned over many 100's of years, which includes a lot of different locations for warfare, a lot of different warriors of various ethnicities - & probably even gender. Moors for example in regards to non-white warriors, then of course you have the vikings, though apparently shield maidens actually existing seems to be in question (after a bit of googling), though many women (not necessarily as knights) participated in warfare in some form or other during the medieval ages.

5 0

@SWSeriousMike said:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/430135984/mordhau

I feel bad about rewarding your laziness.

Thank you so much! If it makes ya feel better, I gave ya a Like for your effort.

Also, in my shamelessly biased opinion, 'normal' & 'human' is an Oxymoron.

Conscript 227 306

This fucking thread man

4 2

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:

@LuxCandidus said:

you're still in your very early 20's. it's crazy to think u have the world figured out already.

He was reacting to the almost satirical tone of the post he replied to. To say you looked too deep into what he wrote would be an understatement.

oh no, it's not a write-up specifically about the post he wrote, it's just a culmination of observations i made while watching his streams. i really like giru, i just don't want him to get smeared. he's the best player in the game! he just has a certain resistance of what he thinks is an SJW movement, when in reality it's ppl getting fed up with antisocial behavior. sorry if that was unclear.

Antisocial is characterized by aggression towards others. Memeing in-game is not aggression towards others. Having mental breakdowns on forums over people memeing in games (a la Redditors) is.

4 2

@MisChief13B said:

Normal people aren't part of hypersensitive outrage mobs and don't demand everything they dislike be banned.

717 590

@YaoMingWithAllenIversons said:

@LuxCandidus said:

you're still in your very early 20's. it's crazy to think u have the world figured out already.

He was reacting to the almost satirical tone of the post he replied to. To say you looked too deep into what he wrote would be an understatement.

oh no, it's not a write-up specifically about the post he wrote, it's just a culmination of observations i made while watching his streams. i really like giru, i just don't want him to get smeared. he's the best player in the game! he just has a certain resistance of what he thinks is an SJW movement, when in reality it's ppl getting fed up with antisocial behavior. sorry if that was unclear.

Antisocial is characterized by aggression towards others. Memeing in-game is not aggression towards others. Having mental breakdowns on forums over people memeing in games (a la Redditors) is.

i've been gaming for like 20+ years now dog. i know the diff between memeing, casual racism and calling ppl slurs when they get mad at the video game. just because u post in a weirdo internet treehouse of maladjusted pseudo-adults doesn't mean everyone outside it must be a redditor either. the "my website has a bigger dick than your website" mentality is some of the lamest shit on the internet. find something cooler to identify with than the dumbass social media website u post on

also not sociopathically veiling all emotions under a thin veneer of entry-level ironic detachment doesn't mean ur having a meltdown either. in the age of post-irony, sincere emotions is a breath of fresh air. u should try it sometime

Normal people aren't part of hypersensitive outrage mobs and don't demand everything they dislike be banned.

what mob. i'm just a dude voicing my opinions. u sound insanely paranoid lol

Conscript 227 306

some gay skeleton shit

Hey bb u wan fucc?

4 2

@LuxCandidus said:

i've been gaming for like 20+ years now dog. i know the diff between memeing, casual racism and calling ppl slurs when they get mad at the video game. just because u post in a weirdo internet treehouse of maladjusted pseudo-adults doesn't mean everyone outside it must be a redditor either. the "my website has a bigger dick than your website" mentality is some of the lamest shit on the internet. find something cooler to identify with than the dumbass social media website u post on

also not sociopathically veiling all emotions under a thin veneer of entry-level ironic detachment doesn't mean ur having a meltdown either. in the age of post-irony, sincere emotions is a breath of fresh air. u should try it sometime

what mob. i'm just a dude voicing my opinions. u sound insanely paranoid lol

Well first, your 20 years of gaming doesnt make you an authority of what is and isnt antisocial behavior. You see people memeing in a game and immediately want to ban it and go to insult them. Even in this reply you made emits antisocial behavior, youre so unnecessarily confrontational and aggressive/insulting. Also, I wasnt having any dick measuring contest based on what websites I posted on, I merely am able to see where the majority of the outrage comes from, its basic situational awareness. Youre just a dude voicing your opinions as part of a SJW outrage mob inspired by a PCGamer article. Again, this shows you either looking to act passive aggressively "lol you noticed something youre so crazy" or you really lack self awareness.

40 67

@Jax said:
Shortly after launch and in internal discussions, the concept of a gender option toggle was dismissed as it would undermine the customization players work hard to create.

This makes no sense though. Mordhau's main gamemode already "undermines customization work" by disabling your team colors unless people opt in to see them.

And on the other hand female characters would presumably be on by default and you'd have to opt-out of them, so like 90% of the people in the server would be seeing a player's female character; the only people who weren't would be people who specifically didn't want to. It would actually be "undermining customization work" about a hundred times less than Frontline already does.

So... why no toggle again?

Conscript 227 306

@link_mah_boi said:

This makes no sense though. Mordhau's main gamemode already "undermines customization work" by disabling your team colors unless people opt in to see them.

I think what this game needs is team based colour schemes for every loadout. Having Iron Company/Free Guard/Mercenary colour tabs for every loadout with select colours that would have limited palettes depending on the team should solve this problem immediately. It might be more work for the player but it's much better than not giving them any customization for team colours.
Arguing that people shouldn't see your customization because one area of the game is already restricted in that area is a little backwards.

40 67

@KIWI said:
Arguing that people shouldn't see your customization because one area of the game is already restricted in that area is a little backwards.

"People" would still see your customization, solely excepting the people who did not want to, and went out of their way to find a toggle. Everyone else still would.

That's the key point here: what they did with team colors was already a hundred times more "making people not see your customization" than a gender toggle would be. And yet how many threads do you see about team colors?

1392 1457

@MisChief13B said:

You missed the part where MisChief13B blamed normal people and Cocyx made fun of that unhinged statement. I think you would have noticed that if you weren't racist towards skeletons. God-damned fleshwalker agenda blinded you.

18 29

@SWSeriousMike said:

You missed the part where MisChief13B blamed normal people and Cocyx made fun of that unhinged statement. I think you would have noticed that if you weren't racist towards skeletons. God-damned fleshwalker agenda blinded you.

I think you missed the joke of that post I made by a few hundred miles.