Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Triternion's official statement in regards to recent events

717 605

@SWSeriousMike said:
By the way, was your wank yesterday to your full satisfaction? You seem more relaxed today.

i know how to pleasure a man. especially when that man, is myself

• 5 Jul '19
 Punzybobo
This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
717 605

wait that guy has 3000 posts. he isn't one of the reactionary trolls from the articles... the anti-gay ppl are inside the house! [is immediately chloroformed]

edit: hahaha his post got deleted. they're learning!

60 178
  • 5 Jul '19
 Clyde

@thomas said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiS3kNa8q9k

I think Allsup's video was better at covering the subject, but both are good in terms of narrative.

1 2
  • 5 Jul '19
 TastyCakes

Seriously guys, really, on the "toxicity", who gives a shit.

Just learned about this "controversy", that we all KNOW is considered as such by only a tiny fraction of the player base. But fine, for some of the really bad stuff, you do what you can (which again, who cares, but addressing it is a business reality I suppose). I won't berate any of the players who have a problem, I'll just say that as an adult it would really help to have some thicker skin, but if not then maybe just avoid it (is there a "hide chat" option?).

As far as the gender toggle option, there's nothing "controversial" about that either, but I at least get your reasoning. If a player made a female character that was thus restricted from some matches, then that qualifies as undermining I guess, and it would arbitrarily spread the players across more games. Still, the option would've been nice for immersion's sake, even if the game is inherently unrealistic.

edit: I learned the toggle option would've just changed characters to default, rather than restrict games, which should've been obvious I know. Knowing that, having it be client-side, I seriously don't see what's so "terrible" about the idea at all.

60 178
  • 5 Jul '19
 Clyde

Ironically the people complaining about toxicity are more than willing to harass people, insult them, gaslight them, dox them, silence them, lie about them, promote violence against them, punch, them and try to kill them "by any means necessary" needs to be taken seriously they have no limitations ethically in this conflict. They've written articles for years about how it's not only ok but obligatory to punch people they disagree with in the streets, libel, harassment, violence, doxing, and toxicity are the left's bread and butter and you think they give a shit about mean words on the internet? No, they don't care about toxicity, this is absolutely all about power. They are trying to wield power over the developers with their lying press gaming press as well.

If the developers don't bend the knee and give them the power they will be attacked relentlessly. just like if individuals do not bend a knee to their narratives the left will try to destroy them the left will try to destroy the devs. For them, this is espionage and warfare, and this another outlet for that conflict. This is about power and a conflict that is and will be apart of our lives regardless of what we do about it. I'm happy to walk away from the conflict but they are not, But these people want me not just silenced in or removed from the game they want me broke, homeless and ultimately dead, and I believe its vital to resist every bit of power they try to grab in any capacity that could be used against me.

Please, Stand up to these people if they commit libel against them hold them to account and completely and totally destroy them with lawsuits. They have no power over you or the community and you owe them no response they are malicious, and concern trolling you. Let your community do what it wants, say what it wants and police itself with the vote kicking and mute system. if anyone is malicious they will be naturally punished, the majority of your customer despise censorship and social justice bullshit and will be turned off if you go woke and broke.

I want to support gave developers with a spine which is why I bought the game day one even though I had doubts if I would enjoy it, I supported the game team because they seemed to have their heads on straight and would support the community enjoying the game the way we have for years now. Thanks for your time and giving us the capacity to voice our interests, and complaints here.

550 618
  • 5 Jul '19
 Deadmode

You do spout some utter shit @Clyde.

290 268
  • 5 Jul '19
 Atlas-D

Ah, so you guys are caving in. You know, on that chivalry 2 trailer I saw no women, and last I recall, Chivalry the first had no chat or "toxicity" filtering. Maybe Chivalry 2 isn't as much as a joke as it seems.

290 268
  • 5 Jul '19
 Atlas-D

@ToLazy4Name said:
The gender toggle thing was poorly handled. It was not long ago that you guys were saying it was basically confirmed. Still, good job not backing down in the face of this nonsense and good job with this statement.

Now nerf javelins, fix shields, remove crossroads, add female characters AND MAKE ME AN ADMIN

What're you stupid lmao, or just wearing your love-goggles? They're backing down, look at how they talked about "toxicity". Overwatch esque censoring here we come. No, a myraid of ways to mute players wasn't enough. Fucking hell.

404 607
  • 5 Jul '19
 smug

@Clyde said:
Ironically the people complaining about toxicity are more than willing to harass people, insult them, gaslight them, dox them, silence them, lie about them, promote violence against them, punch, them and try to kill them "by any means necessary" needs to be taken seriously they have no limitations ethically in this conflict. They've written articles for years about how it's not only ok but obligatory to punch people they disagree with in the streets, libel, harassment, violence, doxing, and toxicity are the left's bread and butter and you think they give a shit about mean words on the internet? No, they don't care about toxicity, this is absolutely all about power. They are trying to wield power over the developers with their lying press gaming press as well.

If the developers don't bend the knee and give them the power they will be attacked relentlessly. just like if individuals do not bend a knee to their narratives the left will try to destroy them the left will try to destroy the devs. For them, this is espionage and warfare, and this another outlet for that conflict. This is about power and a conflict that is and will be apart of our lives regardless of what we do about it. I'm happy to walk away from the conflict but they are not, But these people want me not just silenced in or removed from the game they want me broke, homeless and ultimately dead, and I believe its vital to resist every bit of power they try to grab in any capacity that could be used against me.

Please, Stand up to these people if they commit libel against them hold them to account and completely and totally destroy them with lawsuits. They have no power over you or the community and you owe them no response they are malicious, and concern trolling you. Let your community do what it wants, say what it wants and police itself with the vote kicking and mute system. if anyone is malicious they will be naturally punished, the majority of your customer despise censorship and social justice bullshit and will be turned off if you go woke and broke.

I want to support gave developers with a spine which is why I bought the game day one even though I had doubts if I would enjoy it, I supported the game team because they seemed to have their heads on straight and would support the community enjoying the game the way we have for years now. Thanks for your time and giving us the capacity to voice our interests, and complaints here.

That's why you didn't read their kickstarter right

2021 2108
  • 5 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Atlas-D said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
The gender toggle thing was poorly handled. It was not long ago that you guys were saying it was basically confirmed. Still, good job not backing down in the face of this nonsense and good job with this statement.

Now nerf javelins, fix shields, remove crossroads, add female characters AND MAKE ME AN ADMIN

What're you stupid lmao, or just wearing your love-goggles? They're backing down, look at how they talked about "toxicity". Overwatch esque censoring here we come. No, a myraid of ways to mute players wasn't enough. Fucking hell.

So I guess now it's the turn of the "SJWs" to tell you that it is no big deal.

Don't cave in to the demands, devs. Don't add a gender filter!

2 4
  • 5 Jul '19
 RampantKnight

Thank you for choosing to not add the ability to turn female characters, or characters of other ethnicities off.

290 268
  • 5 Jul '19
 Atlas-D

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Atlas-D said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

So I guess now it's the turn of the "SJWs" to tell you that it is no big deal.

Don't cave in to the demands, devs. Don't add a gender filter!

I'm sorry we're not the ones using large and established media outlets to fabricate outrage and spread half-truths.

Conscript 168 358
  • 5 Jul '19
 NikolaiLudovik

@de.tail said:
Now, potential issue/toxic/racist behaviour you probably won't be able to ignore are players on your team or the enemy team that decide to single you out, for how your character looks or for what gender you decide to play as.

That's probably the funniest shit I have heard. Never seen this happen in any game out of malicious intent, if it happened, it happened a few times for the memes, since I started playing games. That's some pessimistic scenario.

Conscript 168 358
  • 5 Jul '19
 NikolaiLudovik

@Deadmode said:
You do spout some utter shit @Clyde.

That utter shit appears to be quite factual as far as it seems. Maybe exaggerated, but not to be dismissed.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 5 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Atlas-D said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

What the fuck are you talking about lmao

53 96
  • 5 Jul '19
 Fusha

For something that was “decided shortly after launch and in internal discussions”, you sure took your time to communicate it to your player base, despite acknowledging the large number of discussions on the topic. Why is it that we hear about decisions like this only after a coordinated PR attack by online activists? I'm calling a cave in.

Mods will fix it I suppose, but this is the last time I'm buying a game on release that doesn't have complete development transparency.

2021 2108
  • 5 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

"coordinated PR attack by online activists" lol