Mordhau

Triternion's official statement in regards to recent events

394 589
 smug

@PC_Principal said:
I think we don't need female characters or characters of color. It's medieval european setting, there weren't too many colored people or women fighting... I almost feel sarcastic saying that but it's the truth and I don't get all this brute force equality bulls*!T from pc gamer and RPS. I don't like the SJW movement, the only thing worse than that are real fascists / racists. (yes. you're basically the same)
Leave the game as it is and send a message. You're not racists or sexists because your medieval game doesn't feature out of place people of color and women. Nobody complained about lara croft not being black in the 90s.
I would ask the person from PC Gamer if they ever considered that there were (at least almost) no fighting women or colored in middle age europe. Arabs / Ottomans maybe. So if I was in your place, I'd add arabs at least to keep it historically correct. But adding Arabs will also add more abu hajaar memes to this community and more space for racist jokes.
Or just make women a perk like peasants, make their melee attacks ridiculously weak or slower and buff their healing, give them classic women weapons like pillows, frying pan, kitchen knife, rolling pin, throwing pie (blind effect for few sec on headshot) to make it a realistic female gamer experience.
Also I hate how this game is being politicized, as for the community I'm more concerned with friendly fire than the chat because I'm used to this blatant racism online that I learned to ignore it. Half of them are trolls with pepe avatar anyway that just wanna trigger someone and jerk off to that. The message I'm trying to send to you developers, don't let your game become a fighting ground over politics. Politics has become a big loser show and you don't wanna be part of that. There's no more debate about subject matter only throwing terms like racist and SJW triggered etc at each other without even having talked to people properly. They just assume that you're the enemy because people like to have enemies nowadays. As a center left thinker I hate both political extremes and their inability to debate and simply accept other opinions.
My biggest issue right now is teamkilling and griefing as far as gameplay goes. I like to build but every time I do so, teammates attack me or kick me around because it just so happens they don't like ballista or something and now need to wage a personal war against all builders regardless of the team. similar experiences as Archer and rapier / shield medic.
So I'd really like an improved votekick system that helps us handle the greifers.

You know they decided to add in female characters AND different races when they made the kickstarter page right? Stop projecting your schizo world views on the developers.

4 2

can i get some clarification on how exactly the toggle messes with anyone's customization? Doesn't allowing players to toggle what they do/don't want to see improve customization?

3 1

Hey, here's a thought: How about the devs release a detailed video about using the mute button?

Knight 7655 14047

@Punzybobo said:
FischerQuote3.jpg

mrw this whole situation

sam hyde reporters.png

3 15

@smug said:

@PC_Principal said:
I think we don't need female characters or characters of color. It's medieval european setting, there weren't too many colored people or women fighting... I almost feel sarcastic saying that but it's the truth and I don't get all this brute force equality bulls*!T from pc gamer and RPS. I don't like the SJW movement, the only thing worse than that are real fascists / racists. (yes. you're basically the same)
Leave the game as it is and send a message. You're not racists or sexists because your medieval game doesn't feature out of place people of color and women. Nobody complained about lara croft not being black in the 90s.
I would ask the person from PC Gamer if they ever considered that there were (at least almost) no fighting women or colored in middle age europe. Arabs / Ottomans maybe. So if I was in your place, I'd add arabs at least to keep it historically correct. But adding Arabs will also add more abu hajaar memes to this community and more space for racist jokes.
Or just make women a perk like peasants, make their melee attacks ridiculously weak or slower and buff their healing, give them classic women weapons like pillows, frying pan, kitchen knife, rolling pin, throwing pie (blind effect for few sec on headshot) to make it a realistic female gamer experience.
Also I hate how this game is being politicized, as for the community I'm more concerned with friendly fire than the chat because I'm used to this blatant racism online that I learned to ignore it. Half of them are trolls with pepe avatar anyway that just wanna trigger someone and jerk off to that. The message I'm trying to send to you developers, don't let your game become a fighting ground over politics. Politics has become a big loser show and you don't wanna be part of that. There's no more debate about subject matter only throwing terms like racist and SJW triggered etc at each other without even having talked to people properly. They just assume that you're the enemy because people like to have enemies nowadays. As a center left thinker I hate both political extremes and their inability to debate and simply accept other opinions.
My biggest issue right now is teamkilling and griefing as far as gameplay goes. I like to build but every time I do so, teammates attack me or kick me around because it just so happens they don't like ballista or something and now need to wage a personal war against all builders regardless of the team. similar experiences as Archer and rapier / shield medic.
So I'd really like an improved votekick system that helps us handle the greifers.

You know they decided to add in female characters AND different races when they made the kickstarter page right? Stop projecting your schizo world views on the developers.

There's nothing schizo about it, that's legitimately how the world is in the West in 2019.

And regardless of whether they planned to cater to this "inclusive" vision or not, it's going to completely ruin the immersion of the game. And, more importantly- more hit pieces like this are going to be published until it happens and nearly nobody will ever know that it was their intent from the start anyway, so they may as well be doing it to appease the SJWs. That's how it's going to appear and all anyone is going to care about.

Right now it's a marginally accurate and semi-realistic medieval melee combat game. It can be wacky right now, but it's going to just devolve into utter nonsense if they add customization options in that let the trolls run around as "N-Word Jim" and "YOUR MOM THE HOE". Those things do not fit the historical theme of the game and they don't belong here. They may as well add birthday cowboy hats, dildo swords, and full body fursuits while they're at it.

Baron 1601 5082
  • 4 Jul
 Lincs

@PC_Principal said:

It isn't a Medieval European setting.

Also, bOtH sIdEs

@AlphaCureMother said:
There's nothing schizo about it, that's legitimately how the world is in the West in 2019.

And regardless of whether they planned to cater to this "inclusive" vision or not, it's going to completely ruin the immersion of the game. And, more importantly- more hit pieces like this are going to be published until it happens and nearly nobody will ever know that it was their intent from the start anyway, so they may as well be doing it to appease the SJWs. That's how it's going to appear and all anyone is going to care about.

Right now it's a marginally accurate and semi-realistic medieval melee combat game. It can be wacky right now, but it's going to just devolve into utter nonsense if they add customization options in that let the trolls run around as "N-Word Jim" and "YOUR MOM THE HOE". Those things do not fit the historical theme of the game and they don't belong here. They may as well add birthday cowboy hats, dildo swords, and full body fursuits while they're at it.

Nobody cares about your immersion, dude. If it's so fragile that it can be broken by something like seeing a woman with a sword, go play Kingdom Come.

523 566
  • 5 Jul
 Deadmode

@AlphaCureMother said:
And regardless of whether they planned to cater to this "inclusive" vision or not, it's going to completely ruin the immersion of the game.

Where's your campaigning on the forums for the removal of Cavemen, Chefs, tomatoes, superheroes, Romans, Shrek, Vikings with rapiers and all the other stupid shit that is in this game, ruining your 'immersion'?

There's no fucking immersion argument to be found. Don't give me that bullshit. You're just using the addition of black and female characters as a way of pushing your 'anti-SJW' agenda when there is literally no reason they cannot be added to the game, especially considering all the other totally historically inaccurate and outlandish content available to customise our characters with already.

I can't help but think that anyone who is happy to fight toe-to-toe with a man dressed like a melon and says they are immersed in historical pseudo-accuracy, but the sight of a darker skin tone or female face makes them this angry is just an utterly terrible cunt.

Knight 148 97
 Lilboots

Meh, the basic defensive front for toxicity in this game(any game) is moderation, you lack, by choice for some reason; to implement it, Toxicity is by the player but ultimately controlled by the rules set and enforced by the developers/moderators. So as i see it, this has been bought on by Triternion.

Will it quash all issues, nope. But will certainly point it in the right direction. best offence is always been deterrence by simply having Mods this would happen. Especially for a game like this..... It surprises me that this hasn't been addressed. If for any reason Triternion decided that one of the most toxic genres should have adequate mods for this game, i feel sorry for the people who have to clean this shit up.

But as long as you keep releasing official statements instead of actually doing something, i'm sure it will magically fix itself.

(( https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/1985/longwar-2-adventures/ ))
You allow it under your nose, so why not in game.

129 181
  • 5 Jul
 CatR

Lilboots captures my sentiment exactly. There's a pretty serious case of actions not matching words around here, and it really makes you wonder why.

Knight 292 904
  • 5 Jul
 GIRUGIRU

@TyraxLightning said:
Many thanks for the info Devs!

Also, I know full well gal warriors in Medieval Times weren't common, but surely they didn't just not exist either. Surely Norse Legend Valkyries didn't just video game style promote into Valkyries from the Base Class of 'didn't do a damn thing violent gals who stayed at home & just cooked, cleaned, & did laundry'... That can't compute with me.

I bet Sparta Women would be amazed to know that they & their tomboyish ways never existed & they just hallucinated it the whole time... Oh, & Amazon Warriors say "Hi!"...

The Irish & Celts were known to have strong gals in their time as well... especially when those gals were Redheads. (<3 Redhead Gals <3)

There might have been very very rare Female Samurai in Japan... also there were enough Female Ninjas in ancient times that they had a special designation to themselves... "Kunoichi".

Also, France... who here has heard of the legend of "Joan of Arc"? (Who if I remember right went into battle in Heavy Armor...)

So... what was that that the voice of Chauvinist Pigs were saying about Gals being incapable of belonging on a Medieval Battlefield...? In my Shamelessly Biased Opinion, Gender Inequality is Bullshit. I rest my case.

Lastly, this Game is the Dev's game & they can do what they wish with it, including deciding how they wanna bring Gals into the fray & how so... & I will abide by it & work within the parameters they grant us. With that said, I can't help but to hope I can inspire your imaginations with some ideas for future Gal Characters i'd enjoy playing in this game... in no particular order:

1: Exiled Redhead Irish Princess...

2: Keira Knightley Character in King Arthur Movie inspired Female Archer. (If she wants to die everytime an Enemy Arrow finds her naked belly, she's responsible for the consequences of her choices, Truth in Television. )

3: Exiled Female Japanese Katana Wielder Mercenary. (If I remember right, in Medieval Times, Gals who were caught wielding a Katana were killed for daring to wield such a supposedly 'sacred' weapon while being gals instead of guys... I envision the Roleplay that my Gal said "Bleep YOU!!!" to that sexist unjust rule & trained to awesome proficiency at the Katana, but was eventually discovered & fled her Homeland to escape Execution & self-Banished vowing never to return, she traveled West all the way to Europe & makes her living as a Mercenary for Hire to make ends meet & keep herself fed & such.)

4: How can I not make a Joan of Arc inspired Character... aka a Heavy Armor Female...?

Food for thought...?

P.S. Ya chauvinist pigs would already have a way to 'argue' against Gal Characters... it's called... "Your Weapons". Peeps like me who think Gender Inequality is Bullshit also have a way to 'counter-argue' as well, yep, ya guessed it... our Weapons! One of the major causes of Battle & Conflict was disagreement & non-acceptance of Ideals not one's own... Mordhau can embrace this as a additional component for Fun Factor!

What has happened to this place

717 593

@GIRUGIRU said:

same thing that's happening to the world. take an example from s1mple, the best csgo player in the world:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpotlessDoubtfulPrariedogWTRuck

i don't think you're a bad person or racist or anything personally (i mean i'm not psychic, i can't look into your head, and i also don't claim to know you or have you figured out completely), you're just a product of your environment. anyone would develop antisocial tendencies if they grew up playing competitive video games where typing the n word at each other was completely normalized, and egocentric behavior was encouraged. it's a dick measuring contest.

it's not so much an ""SJW"" movement (which is as much as a dumbass buzzword as ""toxic"" or ""nazi"", just on the other side of the political spectrum & exists solely to shut down discussion), it's ppl just getting sick of antisocial behavior being normalized and starting to empathize more with things they don't identify with & becoming more educated. education HARD counters antisocial behavior, especially to minorities. if you're anti-stupidity, education is your ally.

that doesn't mean you have to jack off to political correctness and think saying "retard" is the worst thing in the world (i personally love politically incorrect comedy & will defend it til i die), you just have to develop some modicum of awareness of the environment you behave in and understand that your actions influence a certain atmosphere & mentality, right? it's just fuckin reality, dog. this is how any society works, no matter how microcosmic. if you hang around ""toxic"" ppl, you become more ""toxic"". i'm sure you've witnessed this first hand!

you're still in your very early 20's. it's crazy to think u have the world figured out already.

your skills are sick btw. plz don't own me by reading this post in a funny voice or call me a weirdo. i would be extremely owned by this.

Knight 567 1922

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
you're still in your very early 20's. it's crazy to think u have the world figured out already.

He was reacting to the almost satirical tone of the post he replied to. To say you looked too deep into what he wrote would be an understatement.

717 593

@LuxCandidus said:

He was reacting to the almost satirical tone of the post he replied to. To say you looked too deep into what he wrote would be an understatement.

oh no, it's not a write-up specifically about the post he wrote, it's just a culmination of observations i made while watching his streams. i really like giru, i just don't want him to get smeared. he's the best player in the game! he just has a certain resistance of what he thinks is an SJW movement, when in reality it's ppl getting fed up with antisocial behavior. sorry if that was unclear.

This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
Knight 100 370
  • 5 Jul
 McMercy

@GIRUGIRU said:

it's a dick measuring contest.

If you do want a science dick measuring contest I'm more than willing to flip my science dick out. Shall I derive E=mc^2 for you from scratch? Shall I demonstrate line by line why we know that energy conservation MUST be true if the laws of physics are constant over time? Shall I show you how we know the approximate size of a hydrogen atom?

717 593

@McMercy said:

@GIRUGIRU said:

it's a dick measuring contest.

If you do want a science dick measuring contest I'm more than willing to flip my science dick out. Shall I derive E=mc^2 for you from scratch? Shall I demonstrate line by line why we know that energy conservation MUST be true if the laws of physics are constant over time? Shall I show you how we know the approximate size of a hydrogen atom?

i can penetrate a mountain with my science dick. my science dick is so cold and calculated that i have ice in my sperm. my science dick is a slurpee dispenser, you can get brain freeze off of my scientific cum

1405 1473

@McMercy said:

What is gravity? And why does mass affect weight and inertia? These two phenomena are nothing alike and yet can be described by the same physical quantity.

717 593

[beginning to sweat, silently wikipedia-ing scientific definitions in another tab] alright u know what. u caught me i just wanted to talk about dicks. i just like dicks, okay?

1405 1473

By the way, was your wank yesterday to your full satisfaction? You seem more relaxed today.