Mordhau

Triternion's official statement in regards to recent events

Knight 7644 14029
  • 11 Jul
 ToLazy4Name

@Skullbelly said:
Don't let the left tell you what to do, this has happened in TOO many videogames recently, and quite frankly I'm sick of it, you shouldn't have to change just for the 0.00000001% demographic that's female.

look one post up you trog

2 3

@TheKingInTheNorth said:

@Stouty said:

@dustytretch said:
What about crush responding to a post on the steam forums post-release citing realism as a reason for a client-side toggle for female models?

Funnily enough this toggle would have worked both ways so you could play with only women in game as well, obviously the journos went straight at the white male gamer attack and decided to throw in race as well for maximum outrage

The toggle idea was a direct response to dudes demanding that women not be added. You can dress it up by saying 'well, you can also toggle just females' but that's not really the point. How many people have you seen asking for this game to be females only? I'm glad they abandoned this idea.

They throw race in there because, in case you missed it all these years you've been here, it's a bit of an issue in this community and especially on the forums (particularly pre-politics ban, but it's still not moderated that strictly). Honestly, besides overreaching by going after the Kniggas thread and misinterpreting statements from (apparently) uninformed Triternion staffers, the article made some fair points that have been made by plenty of others on this forum and elsewhere in the past.

(TLDR at end)
Alright man, look. Just look.

If you want a game unbound by realism that has no racial stereotypes (heck, no race at all) go right back to TABS. You can play first person as a knight and have your "perfect" little world safe from any touch of history.

The point that everyone has been making (if you're too dense to understand) is that in medieval times there were only straight white males fighting in Europe. This game takes place in that time frame.

If you still don't get it, people play Mordhau to get a very realistic medieval combat simulator that is both enjoyable and accurate. It would not be accurate to see Blacks and Females running around the battlefield. The game is already nearing perfection, without the addition of these other details.

I guarantee that you SJWs would get equally pissed if the game "glorified the murder of females and minorities" (which you've bashed other games for doing). Truth be told, if you get your way, most people wouldn't jump to the sliders to accurately depict themselves. It most likely would cause people to enhance racism by changing their character to be black and following people, deeming themselves slaves (in good fun).

What you personally want and feel doesn't mean you can try and change 95% of the game's demographic to fit your ideals. Imagine if an open Nazi wanted to censor all non-Nazi imagery in videogames and tried to destroy a dev's reputation for not including Nazi ideals? You would shit your pants!

TLDR; go fuck yourself libtard, nobody cares and you won't change anything

394 589
  • 11 Jul
 smug

Either a troll or literal 90 IQ person.

1401 1466

@ToLazy4Name said:

@OfficialStuffMinus said:
Please, for the love of all things normal, don't conform to what the Libs want.

They aren't.

I lost count of how many times you posted this video and somehow some people still don't get it. :D

Count 238 267

I was so pissed when I read several of the articles of fake news manipulation of the story about the game as well as the community. Gaming journalism has become pure propaganda and activism. I do support the devs and understand the bind they were/are put in from all the lies and misleading BS that was printed.

I too was hopeful about the possibility of a gender toggle being an option as my main concern is and always has been the female voice work. Typically it is so damn cringe in almost every game minus a very few exceptions where it is outstanding. My best example is Alien: Isolation where the voice work is brilliant and far from over the top like so many games. There is also the idea of immersion and while there are some troll loadouts that are very cheeky, they do break immersion and I find them annoying as all get out. Females would do the same for me as these super silly loadouts do and break immersion. It is personal preference along with some level of historical reference.

It sucks that identity politics has infested the games and genera I prefer without really an option to opt out of the forced identity agenda. I was against adding females from the kickstarter as much as I was against Frontline instead of Team Objective. Again, personal preference. I disagreed with it then and I disagree with it now, regardless of what is going to happen.

That said, without the toggle as an option, I am hoping to be able to just copy male gender voice files, locally as well as player models and rename them as the female files and the cringe will hopefully be eliminated. I could care less about skin tones. I do personally find the idea of forced diversity, completely cringe. Not all games should have to comply to some forced diversity or political agendas and preferred group think. I find it so sad that this is forced upon all game devs in Western society but not in, lets say, Eastern or even middle eastern game developers. You don't see purple haired land whales crying about diversity and body positivity in any Japanese games. I am sure there are some somewhere that are offended about something.

The reality is that you cannot please everyone, all the time and the more you try you end up pissing off everyone. Another fact is that when leftist get their stinking PC SJW panties in an uproar, they make sure it stinks to high heaven. Never apologize because it will never be enough. Never kowtow to the ridiculous demands as they will never stop demanding more and more. They are parasites that eventually eat their own.

I understand what was intended for the game development and why, to sell more games but no one buys a game solely so they can play a race or gender. It will not sell any more units because or at least in any significant numbers. With that, I am done and have no interest in an ongoing retarded debate. These are my opinions as well as my preferences, for what it is worth, I would rather have the devs working on the SDK, RCON, and more maps than anything else and this dust up is sadly more of a distraction to their already impressive and hard work.

let them work.

12 15

You know what, nevermind

Knight 233 1065
  • 11 Jul
 Corsario

Bad times for history. It's happening the same with cinema and TV shows...

705 539
  • 11 Jul
 esturias

Well. About the customisation nonsense: I hope you learned something. Next time you give an interview, do it in text-form or send some people who have more of a clue about things. And, most importantly, think about the answers you give, as things can escalate rather quickly when you don't have the chance to directly ask again to clarify.

Anyway, don't let nonsense like that throw you off the course. Just keep doing your thing and gather some experience.
However, it's really time to do something now. Being a small team is a proper excuse for slow progress and everything, but not for bad decisions, lacking communication with the playerbase (pretty much zero communication here) and lacking care for the playerbase. The overall point about toxicity that article made was damn right and you don't need to have a team of 100 long term expert gamemakers to realise that - or to fix that.

57 26
  • 11 Jul
 Odd

This has been said many times and I will say it myself. PC Gamer and other "news" sites are only giving Mordhau backlash because they have a hatred to seeing white males dominant in anything. For example, being the only race in the game.

1401 1466

Well, if it has been said many times and you say it yourself, it can't be wrong and stupid, can it?

81 55
  • 11 Jul
 HoracioCrux

@Whitefox_YT said:
Oh, my bad. I just assumed it would be medieval Europe by the fact that each and every, single (without so much as one exception save maybe the armour patterns) inclusion in Mordhau is Historically proven to have been invented, used, and recorded in Europe, around the medieval period.

Cough Visored Barbute Cough

954 302

@SWSeriousMike said:
If your only criterion for a game is "Shall not contain women!" then it is reasonable to expect you to inform yourself whether there will be a possibility for women in the game. You didn't do that.

Minesweeper doesn't have women and the devs won't add them in the future. Could be the perfect game for you.

FUUUUUUUUCK dude minesweeper was my shit back before wow

954 302

@HoracioCrux said:

@Whitefox_YT said:
Oh, my bad. I just assumed it would be medieval Europe by the fact that each and every, single (without so much as one exception save maybe the armour patterns) inclusion in Mordhau is Historically proven to have been invented, used, and recorded in Europe, around the medieval period.

wasent there plans to also add Eastern Arms and Armor at somepoint lol

81 55
  • 11 Jul
 HoracioCrux

@Antoniokontos said:

@HoracioCrux said:

@Whitefox_YT said:

Yes, in a Crusades Inspired update as far as I am aware.

954 302

@HoracioCrux said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@HoracioCrux said:

@Whitefox_YT said:

Yes, in a Crusades Inspired update as far as I am aware.

ooo shamshir that would be a fun sword (also if they add Samurai armor and shit ill laugh so hard)

Conscript 227 306

Would unironically be hype for Indian weapons and armour tbh. Maybe even for the devs to expand their time frame scope to include antiquity period stuff for muh full RP.
Speaking of, can we have the 2 eye hole aventail and helm as shown in this pic please?varangian_guard - Copy.jpg

Knight 49 107

Crush give the viking round shield already. It has been in the forum banner for months now

Knight 148 97
  • 12 Jul
 Lilboots

Lets be honest here...... Mordhau is a stopgap game, will keep us relatively occupied until Chivalry 2

20 28

There was never a problem trit now content plox

954 302

@Lilboots said:
Lets be honest here...... Mordhau is a stopgap game, will keep us relatively occupied until Chivalry 2

lol not lookin g forward to Ballerina Knights in Chiv