Mordhau

Triternion's official statement in regards to recent events

43 32
  • 9 Jul
 Alasdair

The market place of straight white men, their consumers, wouldn't have bought a game based around darkies killing each other in full gothic plate mail, another fucking brainlet take. The market bought that was advertised with a european identity, which is an evolution of another product with european identity, with realism but also good gameplay, sure people from the gameplay but if take the european themes away or pollute them with wokeness and you alienate the people from the world they wanted to experience, to begin with, its not just gameplay. The only thing you can do is lie and be disingenuous which is why the argument is so easy to have.

16 59

@SWSeriousMike said:
Would you be fine if the default was female black and you had the option to enable and disable everything else?

I bought this game because 1, I liked chivalry a lot but hated the gay ballerina dead spot hit moves, and 2, this game was advertised as a medieval combat game set in EUROPE, not fucking Sub-Saharan Africa. Anyone who says that Mordhau is not set in Europe is disingenuous, none of the armour comes from outside of Europe, none of the maps are set in non European settings, none of the weapons comes from outside of Europe either, with the exception of the spear which is a universal weapon. Since I have to spell it out for you, the population of Europe is, white people! Surprise! Its shocking I know.

1413 1485

I wasn't asking "the market place of straight white men" (you sound like a closet homo with your sudden emphasis on straight btw), I was asking you guys.

You wouldn't even be fine with a toggle for men and whites - doesn't matter whether they were the default. That means all your previous arguments were disingenuous.

@Slouchmeister said:
Why should I not have the choice to see whatever I want to see?

This was a statement you agreed with before. Why should I have not the choice to disable men and whites? After all I've seen them for months now and it's getting boring.

43 32
 Alasdair

The identity of the game and themes are just as important as the gameplay you don't have either have the european identity and setting or you don't and it fails. Mirage being down after a year is proof of this it failed hard and had everything you want to be added to Mordhau with the same gameplay the difference being you want these changed to be made after we've already bought the game and for us to be defrauded. I'm sure that will totally not make the devs go woke and broke after they've alienated their core audience with censorship and forced diversity like you are demanding out of them.

Knight 399 868
 Alphonse

@link_mah_boi
Accusing me of sophistry when your whole argument is a red herring. Whether other games do team colors is irrelevant

It is relevant if you consider how the trailers and screenshots form THIS game show teams with different colors.

it's still "undermining player customization"

It technically is, nobody is denying that technicality. You seem to understand how that is a pretty minor thing, all for a good reason in terms of playability, so it's obvious how you resorted to some sophist wankery.

therefore it can be okay to do things that "undermine customization" if there is a good reason.

Will you ever understand the precedent of forced team colors actually means nothing? The fact there IS a good reason, and not mere personal preference of what you want to see or hear while playing, is why forced team colors are a thing and a precedent, if anything, for things that improve playability.

See the difference? One makes a team based mode easier to play. The other just makes you feel more immersed or whatever bullshit in a game where horses don't die if you gallop non stop for 10 minutes riding them.

You keep repeating those words. Do you even understand what "undermining" is? Should I point out the etymological definition? Why it makes sense to use it in Triternion's comments, and why your arbitrary extension of the concept to other things is dumb?

There are hundreds of in-game things that "undermine" customization and they all have reasons attached to them.

You can't do 3/3/3 with bloodlust and a Zwei. You can't equip certain helmets with certain neck pieces, or chest armor with certain waist options. Hell, I can't put the best looking heavy armor legs with gothic sabatons. Some reds hues do not look like reds at all. You can't do asymmetrical faces without a .ini edit. You can't equip purple unless you are level 70. You can't do black tint armor unless you're level Idk what.

25% of every server being loudly screaiming kawaii uguu waifus on a medieval battlefield.

I literally had the suspicion you were around your teen years and came from a certain chinese tapestry discussion board and your wording here is a plausible confirmation.

Aside from that, you put forward an obvious fallacy in the middle of a rational argument. You are assuming they will do kawaii uguu waifus. This means you didn't check the video (the female face is not exactly a cute waifu imo), that you're disregarding how they've done male faces (no face has male model tier good looks), etc.

3: oil burns on water and I have literally never even seen a firebomb touch water in Mordhau in 400 hours anyway

You mean to tell me in 400 hours you have never seen a fire bomb dropped in the stream in Camp Frontline? Cool story bro.

Knight 254 691

@Slouchmeister said:

@SWSeriousMike said:
Would you be fine if the default was female black and you had the option to enable and disable everything else?

I bought this game because 1, I liked chivalry a lot but hated the gay ballerina dead spot hit moves, and 2, this game was advertised as a medieval combat game set in EUROPE, not fucking Sub-Saharan Africa. Anyone who says that Mordhau is not set in Europe is disingenuous, none of the armour comes from outside of Europe, none of the maps are set in non European settings, none of the weapons comes from outside of Europe either, with the exception of the spear which is a universal weapon. Since I have to spell it out for you, the population of Europe is, white people! Surprise! Its shocking I know.

You know there is a desert map, right?

69 55

Don't feel bad Triternion. It is to be expected that almost every and any company would succumb to anti-white pressure from abroad, for it has become the way of the land - especially for the past 30 years. It requires a special kind of strong to resist it with guaranteed repercussions, repercussions which most businesses wouldn't want to endure, and is exactly what Donald Trump is and why he is so hated and so loved. As a business operation I can completely understand that it's a delicate and sensitive balance when we're talking about a game based on a historical era while at the same time keeping everyone happy including the few loud squeaky wheels, so don't worry Triternion, we all completely understand. The world we now live in is basically like Naziism but from the polar opposite end. In the end, you and every other business must embrace and comply with this new modern version of anti-white/anti-christian Naziism, or as the Bible long ago foretold - you will not be able to buy, trade, or sell unless you do.

12 15

@SWSeriousMike said:

yes, had the game not been set in medieval europe?

7 2
  • 9 Jul
 SpiN

Gold/XP not saving 2 or so days ago... pls fix it... it's scandalous

69 55

If all the characters were black then we wouldn't be having any conversation on the topic at all. Why? Because you would have only sold a hundred copies instead of a million and you would have a dead forum and dead empty servers. Those hundred copies are the loud squeaky wheels which have brought THIS topic to life and that's the real tragedy here.

394 589
 smug

@Whitefox_YT said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

yes, had the game not been set in medieval europe?

Yeah a fictional setting is obviously medieval Europe. Are you Mordhau's lore director? You seem to have information no one on the planet could possibly have.

Knight 7678 14083
Baron 1604 5085
  • 10 Jul
 Lincs

@Slouchmeister said:
and 2, this game was advertised as a medieval combat game set in EUROPE, not fucking Sub-Saharan Africa. Anyone who says that Mordhau is not set in Europe is disingenuous, none of the armour comes from outside of Europe, none of the maps are set in non European settings, none of the weapons comes from outside of Europe either, with the exception of the spear which is a universal weapon. Since I have to spell it out for you, the population of Europe is, white people! Surprise! Its shocking I know.

Psst, it's a completely fictional medieval setting, there's no rule established that there aren't black people living in whatever country/countries the fighting is taking place in...

Muh Europe lmao, give me a break.

40 67

@SWSeriousMike said:
There was no mention of people cosplaying as Hitler either. Where is the toggle for that?

If enough people want it then sure!

There's very clearly demand for a gender toggle, I don't see how not having other toggles is meant to preclude it

@ToLazy4Name said:
(vid)

Don't know if you noticed but that video was not on the Steam store page. Neither was there any mention of female characters in the Steam description, or the homepage of this website, or the FAQ. https://mordhau.com/ All you could see was in big words

"MULTIPLAYER MEDIEVAL MELEE GAME"

and pictures of dudes, and only dudes, fighting.

I knew nothing about this game having female characters until I'd already bought it. And after finding out, I was fine with it because a mod told me there would be a clientside toggle. Now there's no toggle, so I'm getting something added to the game I never wanted, and wouldn't have bought if it was made known to me at release.

And there are plenty of other people who feel the same way. There's also probably people who still haven't even heard about female characters and will only find out about it when they open the game one day.

954 302

@Slouchmeister said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Slouchmeister said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Bro this fictional mercenary company couldn't possibly employ people with dark skin or a vagina bro it's impossible

Name a single mercenary company in Europe that has been recorded to employ any significant number of darkies or women. Pro tip you wont because it doesn't fucking exist. Inb4 muh shield maidens

It's almost like it's fictional or something

Ok since its a fictional game lets add dragons, faeries, and ogres, that would make the game much more fun. Oh wait it doesn't because it keeps a slight grasp of realism. Stop with the school zone speed iq takes.

I WANT TO PLAY A HYENA

1413 1485

@link_mah_boi said:
There's also probably people who still haven't even heard about female characters and will only find out about it when they open the game one day.

129 181
  • 10 Jul
 CatR

I opened the game today and I saw the dread beast: GIRLS. Needless to say I screamed in terror (in a manly way) and immediately turned the game off. But it was too late! The girls were already crawling out of my hard drive, climbing out of unused USB ports. I tried to run but one said "Can you stop acting like a child?" and it froze me in my steps through some unholy magic.

What happened next I can not tell. But it ended in me dying. Now I haunt this forum from the future to ward off those foolish, those perilous enough, to dare face the might of the estrogen. Freud warned us and we didn't listen...

523 566
  • 10 Jul
 Deadmode

@link_mah_boi said:
Don't know if you noticed but that video was not on the Steam store page. Neither was there any mention of female characters in the Steam description, or the homepage of this website, or the FAQ. https://mordhau.com/ All you could see was in big words

"MULTIPLAYER MEDIEVAL MELEE GAME"

and pictures of dudes, and only dudes, fighting.

I knew nothing about this game having female characters until I'd already bought it. And after finding out, I was fine with it because a mod told me there would be a clientside toggle. Now there's no toggle, so I'm getting something added to the game I never wanted, and wouldn't have bought if it was made known to me at release.

And there are plenty of other people who feel the same way. There's also probably people who still haven't even heard about female characters and will only find out about it when they open the game one day.

So you assumed that there was only dudes.

Nowhere in the descriptions did it say there would not be women nor did it describe the characters as 'men'. So one could argue that this game was not advertised as having male only characters.

I missed out on the Kickstarter by mere hours, but have followed it since then and knew of the female option and that it was always going to be a part of it. If the developers buck to your pressure then they are changing the game they set out to make to pander to your backwards and thin arguments of 'realism' and 'immersion'.

Personally, I think Triternion should stand their ground and stick to their design brief and what was promised to those Kickstarter backers and followers of the project from day dot.

40 67

@CatR said:
(strawman)

I saw the literal exact same smug behaviour from Chiv players mocking people for not wanting ballerina swings in the game. I saw the exact same behaviour from defenders of Battlefield V before release. We all know how that turned out. You can be smug all you like, but you'll be being smug in a dead game.

Mordhau's playercount is at 4,629 right now just in the first 2 months, the game can't afford to add controversial things that might potentially make players leave, without any way to turn them off clientside.

@Deadmode said:
So you assumed that there was only dudes.

The advertisement for the game showed massive amounts of male fighters with not a single female knight among them, while the description called it "medieval", "believable", and "realistic". Because Disney princess warriors are actually not medieval/believable/realistic, no female characters is a completely reasonable assumption to make.

You might as well be saying, in defense of Sauron armor being added, "well, they didn't say it WOULDN'T be in!"

Personally, I think Triternion should stand their ground and stick to their design brief and what was promised to those Kickstarter backers and followers of the project from day dot.

Those few people who backed the game on the promise of being able to play a female character will be getting to do so. An opt-out clientside toggle means almost all players in a given server see you as a female character except those who specifically do not want to do so for reasons of immersion, not wanting to hit girls, etc.

129 181
  • 10 Jul
 CatR

@link_mah_boi said:

@CatR said:
(the cowardly lion)

Yoshi's Island was a milestone in the 2d platforming genre that Nintendo has never managed to live up to since.

Why on earth are you talking about Yoshi's Island..?