Mordhau

Triternion's official statement in regards to recent events

954 302

@link_mah_boi said:

@SWSeriousMike said:
I fail to see how it would benefit me.

The playerbase not dropping off by an unknown quantity, meaning you have more people to play it with for years to come. It's only two months after release, and right now, there are only 5,000 people playing. It would be unwise to risk alienating players and dropping the playerbase even further, when you can just give people an option that keeps everyone happy.

this player base like chivalry is not casual friendly that's why the numbers are down its not the politics its the community those who remain will be the true fans the others where just on to see what the hype was all about

40 67

@Antoniokontos said:

@link_mah_boi said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

The playerbase not dropping off by an unknown quantity, meaning you have more people to play it with for years to come. It's only two months after release, and right now, there are only 5,000 people playing. It would be unwise to risk alienating players and dropping the playerbase even further, when you can just give people an option that keeps everyone happy.

this player base like chivalry is not casual friendly that's why the numbers are down its not the politics its the community those who remain will be the true fans the others where just on to see what the hype was all about

You're not getting my point. I'm not saying politics are why the playerbase is low. I'm saying, since the playerbase is low and this is a niche genre, adding controversial elements people can't disable will make the playerbase drop even further.

3 4

@Antoniokontos said:

@Der_Ruehrer said:

@Deadmode said:

"Don't call me racist. It's natural to be racist!"

You do realism that racism doesn't necessarily involve hatred, right? You also realise that this isn't the 1800's anymore and that many races coexist in many cultures throughout the world now? You realise that race isn't the societal boundary you seem to imply it is anymore, right? I suggest you are the one who needs a 'reality check'.

There is nothing wrong with identifying with your heritage, but that is a very different thing from segregating yourself from other races, which is a racist ideology.

I'm sorry, but someone saying "I don't want black people in this game because I only want to see white people, like me" is definitely a racist comment, which is what @Slouchmeister was saying. It's a shame you can't understand that.

So even back in the 1970 the majority of the population in germany for example was still the overwhelming majority white. And what good did these changes brought for the countries? Its a bad thing obviously, and unnatural. But that is another topic.

About the segregation, ever thought this is only a necessity in a modern multicultural society, where a certain race might feel his heritage and culture threatened, so they feel the need to segregate themselves to preserve their culture? Ever thought about it this way?

The your last point, no i really dont understand why there is a problem, when some says he prefers to play with his own race, even in a videogame setting. Whats wrong about this? The game's setting does after all fit such a statement...

let people be who they want to be i say add everything genders Races all of it who really cares if your slashing down a White man with a axe or a Asian woman in full plate with a fucked up face the games about skill not politics

Then why dont let people play like they want to play, by adding a toggle feature for unwanted customization options? I dont like it when a great game gets ruined, because a modernistic approach has to be forces upon it, like adding adding woman and minorities on a medieval battlefield. For many people this would break the immersion. But now, instead of going the reasonable approach, they gave in to the retards. I bet all those leftist twats cheer and are really happy right now. Let them be for now, but the devs will ultimately realize they gave in to the wrong side. There is only one RIGHT side. Its in the name :P

954 302

@link_mah_boi said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@link_mah_boi said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

You're not getting my point. I'm not saying politics are why the playerbase is low. I'm saying, since the playerbase is low and this is a niche genre, adding controversial elements people can't disable will make the playerbase drop even further.

True players only care for being good in the game not petty settings

1405 1475

@link_mah_boi said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

There are many people more I wouldn't miss. I don't think that racists, bigots and trolls are enriching my gaming experience. I'd even say alienating those would benefit me.

12 15

With all the back and forth on this, I thought I'd make a video on it.

Clickbaity thumbnail aside: no the journos arent right. There are things Mordhau can do to improve, like any game, but toxicity is not the cause of Mordhau's player drop. If it were, DotA, CS:GO and Overwatch (which is a fairly diverse game) wouldn't have been as successful as they are.

Then take OW who completely borked their competitive system: whoops, game's dead. Diversity and inclusivity aside, apparently gamers care about good game design, first and foremost. Shocking.

You can watch the video here, would love to hear your thoughts everyone.
Already some back and forth in the comments and it's only got a few views.

40 67

@Antoniokontos said:

@link_mah_boi said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@link_mah_boi said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

True players only care for being good in the game not petty settings

To me this sounds a lot like the attitude some Chiv players had with people quitting over ballerina spins. When you say "good riddance" to community members you disagree with and ignore their complaints, you end up with no community.

@SWSeriousMike said:
There are many people more I wouldn't miss. I don't think that racists, bigots and trolls are enriching my gaming experience. I'd even say alienating those would benefit me.

To say that everyone who wants a gender toggle is a "racist, bigot or troll" is disingenuous bullshit. As I have already said, people have given many reasons for wanting an optional toggle, including people who would like the option to play the game all-female, and players like me who don't even use text chat much- let alone to troll- and are totally fine with female characters in other, non-medieval settings but just can't get immersed in a medieval game where some thirteen year old's sexdoll is running at me screaming on every battlefield.

1405 1475

@Der_Ruehrer said:
So even back in the 1970 the majority of the population in germany for example was still the overwhelming majority white. And what good did these changes brought for the countries? Its a bad thing obviously, and unnatural. But that is another topic.

About the segregation, ever thought this is only a necessity in a modern multicultural society, where a certain race might feel his heritage and culture threatened, so they feel the need to segregate themselves to preserve their culture? Ever thought about it this way?

The your last point, no i really dont understand why there is a problem, when some says he prefers to play with his own race, even in a videogame setting. Whats wrong about this? The game's setting does after all fit such a statement...

You haven't lived in the 1970s. Maybe you should stick to stuff you are knowledgeable about.
Segregation is neither necessary nor advantageous.
Your "race" isn't threatened just because some people are allowed to play female characters.

Why are you trying to sugar-coat it? Your "concerned citizen" facade is transparent. Even your name is quite obvious. Why not just come out and show your colors without all this half-assed hiding?

717 594

@SWSeriousMike said:
You haven't lived in the 1970s. Maybe you should stick to stuff you are knowledgeable about.

lol whats a book bitch i'm snorting rails of adderal to crack the code of the SJW liberal agenda in video games

7 2
 SpiN

Title. Everything (gear) I don't have access to is simply locked and unable to be bought for gold like 2 or so days ago.

I can't seem to unlock anything for some reason, I have the gold and rank for an item, I click it. And it plays the little 'Dun' effect and boots me back. After every match the gold and xp it says I should get resets as if I never played at all. I cannot progress.

47 33
  • 9 Jul
 mr_jah

I've seen some still doesnt get that people are OK with women added, we just need a fucking switch to turn them off - this is not a discrimination, am I not allowed to see what i want to see lol ? Ability to choose is an attribute of mature person and this is just healthy and fine.

Also i highly doubt that all those progressive people will keep playing the game, also i highly doubt that there are any significant amount of them compared to normal people numbers. They're loud, yes, but listen to them = to lose alot of people playing the game.

40 67

@mr_jah said:
this is not a discrimination, am I not allowed to see what i want to see lol ?

Agreed 100%. After all, when we bought this game there was no mention on Steam of female characters ever being added.

There's no good reason not to let customers keep the visuals/sound of the game in the same state as it was at launch.

1405 1475

There was no mention of people cosplaying as Hitler either. Where is the toggle for that?

This comment was deleted.
954 302

I just want bird sex in this game

1084 6143
  • 9 Jul
 crushed — Art

This topic has been unpinned.

Knight 254 691

Do us all a favor @crush

crush_closed.png

16 59

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Slouchmeister said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Bro this fictional mercenary company couldn't possibly employ people with dark skin or a vagina bro it's impossible

Name a single mercenary company in Europe that has been recorded to employ any significant number of darkies or women. Pro tip you wont because it doesn't fucking exist. Inb4 muh shield maidens

It's almost like it's fictional or something

Ok since its a fictional game lets add dragons, faeries, and ogres, that would make the game much more fun. Oh wait it doesn't because it keeps a slight grasp of realism. Stop with the school zone speed iq takes.

16 59

@Deadmode said:

@Slouchmeister said:
Heres a lesson in basic psychology since you apparently have autism and don't understand emotions, people like to play as and against people who look like them. To enhance player's experiences they should be able to have toggles to only play as people they want to and see people they want to.

So you want this game to pander to your racism. ok.

I'm in favour of a toggle, but on that is labelled 'Character customisation on/off'. Should you disable it, you remove all aesthetic customisation from the game and can only see default clothing and avatar settings so everyone looks the same and no 'darkies' or women. You want to be racist like that, fine, but you opt out of the privilege of seeing other people's customisations and your own ability to do so to, seeing as you can't play nice with other people.

Why should I not have the choice to see whatever I want to see? The devs promised a toggle for women and minorities and I expect to see it. You want to force people to see nonwhites and women in the game, why should they be forced to see that? People should have the choice to see whatever they please to.

1405 1475

Would you be fine if the default was female black and you had the option to enable and disable everything else?