Mordhau

Triternion's official statement in regards to recent events

Knight 3135 7296
  • 9 Jul
 Punzybobo

lazy if u fucking TYPE AGAIN i will split your penis down the middle and make a hot dog out of it!!!!!

16 59

@Lincs said:

@Alasdair said:
I'm sure a lot of people bought the game just for that toggle feature

I thought your response was sarcastic at first because I can't imagine anyone saying this unironically

Le cherry picking face

16 59

@SWSeriousMike said:

@link_mah_boi said:
Another strawman from the sophist, are you just going to make up imaginary boogeyman arguments to knock over all day? Nobody said lawsuit, but it is grounds for a refund from Steam, and I don't want to do that.

No, it isn't.

If a game promises a feature and doesn't deliver you should be entitled to a refund.

16 59

@ToLazy4Name said:
Bro this fictional mercenary company couldn't possibly employ people with dark skin or a vagina bro it's impossible

Name a single mercenary company in Europe that has been recorded to employ any significant number of darkies or women. Pro tip you wont because it doesn't fucking exist. Inb4 muh shield maidens

16 59

@Deadmode said:

@link_mah_boi said:

@Deadmode said:

Battlefield V's death had has nothing to do with female or black characters.

You're pretty out of touch.

"The first Battlefield V trailer from last week's big reveal now has more than 320,000 "dislikes," which is far more than how many "likes" it has, and many viewers are expressing their opinions in some harsh ways in the video's comments section. It's a similar situation to the dislike campaign against Call of Duty's Infinite Warfare reveal two years earlier. Battlefield V has already seen its fair share of backlash before the trailer's debut. The marketing campaign for this installment focuses on female characters, even going so far as to feature a woman on the cover art. Some gamers were upset with this inclusion, threatening to abandon the series if the female players were included. A hashtag was inspired by the backlash entitled "#NotMyBattlefield." DICE general manager Oskar Gabrielson responded with a promise that the female characters would, under no circumstances, be removed from play."

Also, your arguments about the game being realistic are misplaced. You quoted the store page earlier, and it does state that it is a fictional but realistic world. That means that it is a world that is plausible, but entirely fictional. That means that you cannot have things like orcs and other fantasy elements, but female warriors, seeing as they existed IRL, are quite plausible in this fictitious world.

"Realistic" doesn't just mean "plausible", it means "the quality or fact of representing a person or thing in a way that is accurate and true to life."

Whether it's popular to admit it or not, we all know women are much physically weaker, slower, and more fragile than men, and this fact has lead them to be exceedingly rare sights on the front lines of battle throughout history, even to the modern day where fighting is just pulling a trigger. To really put into scope how uncommon it is, each 200 years, you might get one mention (often part myth- i.e. Gülnar Hatun) of a female fighter, across all the countries around the globe where millions of men were fighting on a frequent basis.

Even the most generous possible estimate would put male:female participation in medieval battles at a 1,000,000:1 ratio. Because, you know, they didn't want to die against much stronger opponents and nobody wanted to send them out to die.

So to see an entire group of skinny big-hipped waifus with tiny upper bodies and no visible muscle, optimized for sex appeal by their 13 year old players, churning their way through the battlefield? Not only is that less "plausible" than even Sauron armor, that is definitely not "true to life."

Lastly, to pretend that Mordhau isn't meant to be based on the real medieval Europe is disingenous; almost every single piece of gear is a copy of a real, historical object, the whole game is named after a German fighting technique and half of the game has real-world names like "Italian cuirass" for fuck's sake.They gave every indication possible that it is heavily Earth-based.

So you've failed to convince me that it's realistic, and you're definitely going to fail at convincing everyone else who has an issue with it. Which is why a toggle should happen, because it would please everyone and there's no good reason not to.

Seeing as you cannot understand what they meant by 'fictional, yet realistic world' as you are hell bent on it being as realistic as possible, why are you getting so worked up about some women in the game but you are quite happy to face-off against a caveman, or a tomato, or Shrek?

Your argument doesn't hold up with how Mordhau is full of ridiculously unrealistic mechanics, behaviour and content. There is literally no realism or immersion argument beyond the pseudo-realistic-but-still-very-arcade combat and some castles.

If we were discussing adding black people or women warriors to KCD, I would be very much on your side, as that game is based in a specific period of history in a very specific and painstakingly realistic recreation of Bohemia. Mordhau is FAR, FAR from that level of realism, which would support a strong case against their addition and there is literally nothing that can be presented to give a solid reason why, in this make-believe world, that women and black people can't be added.

Grow the fuck up and stop being such a big baby about women being in an arcade melee slasher.

Heres a lesson in basic psychology since you apparently have autism and don't understand emotions, people like to play as and against people who look like them. To enhance player's experiences they should be able to have toggles to only play as people they want to and see people they want to.

957 303

the kickstarter even said that you could chose gender and that was years ago so the fact it doesent have females is False Advertising

523 569
  • 9 Jul
 Deadmode

@Slouchmeister said:
Heres a lesson in basic psychology since you apparently have autism and don't understand emotions, people like to play as and against people who look like them. To enhance player's experiences they should be able to have toggles to only play as people they want to and see people they want to.

So you want this game to pander to your racism. ok.

I'm in favour of a toggle, but on that is labelled 'Character customisation on/off'. Should you disable it, you remove all aesthetic customisation from the game and can only see default clothing and avatar settings so everyone looks the same and no 'darkies' or women. You want to be racist like that, fine, but you opt out of the privilege of seeing other people's customisations and your own ability to do so to, seeing as you can't play nice with other people.

957 303

@Deadmode said:

@Slouchmeister said:

So you want this game to pander to your racism. ok.

I'm in favour of a toggle, but on that is labelled 'Character customisation on/off'. Should you disable it, you remove all aesthetic customisation from the game and can only see default clothing and avatar settings so everyone looks the same and no 'darkies' or women. You want to be racist like that, fine, but you opt out of the privilege of seeing other people's customisations and your own ability to do so to, seeing as you can't play nice with other people.

it takes a racist, to find racism in every little thing

523 569
 Deadmode

@Antoniokontos said:

What a weird little theory you have. just because I called him out on his racism doesn't make me racist, that's not how it works.

@Slouchmeister said:
Name a single mercenary company in Europe that has been recorded to employ any significant number of darkies or women.
@Slouchmeister said:
Heres a lesson in basic psychology since you apparently have autism and don't understand emotions, people like to play as and against people who look like them.

Sounds pretty fucking racist to me.

1494 1578

@Antoniokontos said:

It takes someone convicted of false advertising to see false advertising in every little thing.

Knight 7721 14230

@Slouchmeister said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Bro this fictional mercenary company couldn't possibly employ people with dark skin or a vagina bro it's impossible

Name a single mercenary company in Europe that has been recorded to employ any significant number of darkies or women. Pro tip you wont because it doesn't fucking exist. Inb4 muh shield maidens

It's almost like it's fictional or something

3 4

@Deadmode said:

@Antoniokontos said:

What a weird little theory you have. just because I called him out on his racism doesn't make me racist, that's not how it works.

@Slouchmeister said:
Name a single mercenary company in Europe that has been recorded to employ any significant number of darkies or women.
@Slouchmeister said:
Heres a lesson in basic psychology since you apparently have autism and don't understand emotions, people like to play as and against people who look like them.

Sounds pretty fucking racist to me.

Could you stop for once with this braindead racism crap? Its fucking insulting my intelligence. Get a reality check, different races exist and its the most natural thing in this world that people of the same race stick to another. There is nothing bad nor hateful about it, like you are implying with your racist crap. The only thing hateful is stigmatizing people for identifying with their heritage!

523 569
 Deadmode

@Der_Ruehrer said:
Could you stop for once with this braindead racism crap? Its fucking insulting my intelligence. Get a reality check, different races exist and its the most natural thing in this world that people of the same race stick to another. There is nothing bad nor hateful about it, like you are implying with your racist crap. The only thing hateful is stigmatizing people for identifying with their heritage!

"Don't call me racist. It's natural to be racist!"

You do realism that racism doesn't necessarily involve hatred, right? You also realise that this isn't the 1800's anymore and that many races coexist in many cultures throughout the world now? You realise that race isn't the societal boundary you seem to imply it is anymore, right? I suggest you are the one who needs a 'reality check'.

There is nothing wrong with identifying with your heritage, but that is a very different thing from segregating yourself from other races, which is a racist ideology.

I'm sorry, but someone saying "I don't want black people in this game because I only want to see white people, like me" is definitely a racist comment, which is what @Slouchmeister was saying. It's a shame you can't understand that.

1494 1578

Someone called Der_Ruehrer is implying to be oppressed. Nobody is buying your bullshit. Go troll somewhere else.

42 68

@Deadmode said:
Whilst you can't see shrek colours in Frontline, you absolutely can see cavemen and also romans and vikings

Respectively these cosplay attempts all easily blend in to the rest of the game as poor peasants, a guy using a kite shield (Roman shields were square or ovoid- not pointy), and Scottish gallowglass (who travelled to the mainland as mercenaries using outdated gear). No matter what the cosplay is trying to do, at the end of the day they're all just wearing assorted medieval clothing.

PS: Great insults, they still don't address the core of the argument. There's no reason to be against the gender toggle, it benefits everybody. If people want the same level of immersion they have now maintained, that's fine. There is no point trying to convince them that they don't find the game immersive now.

There are many different reasons people have for wanting a gender toggle which allows you to play with only men, a mix of men and women, or only women. I've seen people say that they don't want to be decapitating girls brutally, which is fair enough. I've seen people say they want to play waifu simulator with only female knights, and if that's your thing and it's not on my screen, sure. And I've seen people say they enjoy the manly man boys' club camaderie of what Mordhau is right now. So why not make everyone happy? More options are always good.

957 303

"Im not a Hater im a Racist" -Norris Forsythe 1899

1494 1578

@link_mah_boi said:
PS: Great insults, they still don't address the core of the argument. There's no reason to be against the gender toggle, it benefits everybody.

I fail to see how it would benefit me. A non-delusional person would take the resistance to your crap as an indication that not everybody would benefit from it. But not you, for whatever reason.

3 4

@Deadmode said:

You do realism that racism doesn't necessarily involve hatred, right? You also realise that this isn't the 1800's anymore and that many races coexist in many cultures throughout the world now? You realise that race isn't the societal boundary you seem to imply it is anymore, right? I suggest you are the one who needs a 'reality check'.

There is nothing wrong with identifying with your heritage, but that is a very different thing from segregating yourself from other races, which is a racist ideology.

I'm sorry, but someone saying "I don't want black people in this game because I only want to see white people, like me" is definitely a racist comment, which is what @Slouchmeister was saying. It's a shame you can't understand that.

So even back in the 1970 the majority of the population in germany for example was still the overwhelming majority white. And what good did these changes brought for the countries? Its a bad thing obviously, and unnatural. But that is another topic.

About the segregation, ever thought this is only a necessity in a modern multicultural society, where a certain race might feel his heritage and culture threatened, so they feel the need to segregate themselves to preserve their culture? Ever thought about it this way?

The your last point, no i really dont understand why there is a problem, when some says he prefers to play with his own race, even in a videogame setting. Whats wrong about this? The game's setting does after all fit such a statement...

42 68

@SWSeriousMike said:
I fail to see how it would benefit me.

The playerbase not dropping off by an unknown quantity, meaning you have more people to play it with for years to come. It's only two months after release, and right now, there are only 5,000 people playing. It would be unwise to risk alienating players and dropping the playerbase even further, when you can just give people an option that keeps everyone happy.

957 303

@Der_Ruehrer said:

@Deadmode said:

So even back in the 1970 the majority of the population in germany for example was still the overwhelming majority white. And what good did these changes brought for the countries? Its a bad thing obviously, and unnatural. But that is another topic.

About the segregation, ever thought this is only a necessity in a modern multicultural society, where a certain race might feel his heritage and culture threatened, so they feel the need to segregate themselves to preserve their culture? Ever thought about it this way?

The your last point, no i really dont understand why there is a problem, when some says he prefers to play with his own race, even in a videogame setting. Whats wrong about this? The game's setting does after all fit such a statement...

let people be who they want to be i say add everything genders Races all of it who really cares if your slashing down a White man with a axe or a Asian woman in full plate with a fucked up face the games about skill not politics