Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Triternion's official statement in regards to recent events

550 618
  • 8 Jul '19
 Deadmode

@link_mah_boi said:
Overall, Mordhau is the second most realistic medieval video fighting game after Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Now I see why you have your problem. Coming second in a really niche market of about a handful of games isn't really saying much.

The thing is that Mordhau and KCD are WORLDS apart in terms of realism, but you can't see that. It's like the difference between Ace Combat and DCS World. One is very much an arcade approach whilst the other is far more realistic.

Whilst you can't see shrek colours in Frontline, you absolutely can see cavemen and also romans and vikings in your realistic medieval simulation.

I can tell I won't convince you, nor you I. I just think you, and many others, are being a really pathetic child about women being added to a make-believe melee slasher game and I find your arguments thin and without any substance beyond petulant whining.

Good luck with your refund.

54 58
  • 8 Jul '19
 freygeist

@Deadmode said:
The thing is that Mordhau and KCD are WORLDS apart in terms of realism, but you can't see that. It's like the difference between Ace Combat and DCS World. One is very much an arcade approach whilst the other is far more realistic.

No they are not worlds apart. Both games have medieval europe as a setting. On has real place, the other a fictional setting, like its predecessor chivalry, with a bit of a monthy python touch. Mordhau just expanded on this aspect a little too much i think, it was more subtle in chivalry. But even a fictional setting based on a historical time period has to have certain rules based on reality to be believable, these rules can be bend to a certain degree, since its fiction, but if you bend them too much, you get bad fiction.

43 32
  • 8 Jul '19
 Alasdair

@ToLazy4Name said:

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
They didn't launch with females because the models aren't complete and the voice acting still needs to be done lmfao

Or because they realized its not a priority for making this game successful at launch?
Now just think for a minute, if they would have launched with females, do you think the game would be this popular? Remember the great For Honor? Oh wait....

Yes it would still be as popular lmao no one bought this game for a lack of females.

I bought the game because I'm a fan of chivalry and because the developers looked like they would have a spine in some of their posts in regards to the toggle, and if they pull that back they've committed fraud. The majority of my friends bought this game because of the toggle post and few other things that made it look like the developers had their heads screwed on straight and wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot and capitulate to these "people." It's popular because of its themes as well as its gameplay, not just gameplay. you can't have one without the other.

43 32
  • 8 Jul '19
 Alasdair

@ToLazy4Name said:
Then get a refund and go away lmao they've given their statement

You want us out of the discussion, not voicing our opinion is what you are saying here if we get a refund now. we have no power over the developers if get one after they add female characters, and non-whites and pollute their game they have made their choice. If we do it now we lose our ability to influence the game design and choices of the developers and have seceded the ground without a fight. So once they have made their choice and openly ruined their game then I'll ask for my money back as they've officially destroyed their game and went woke, and can go broke. and I'll just not play their trash anymore.

2021 2108
  • 8 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

This criminal dev team will certainly rot in a cell for all the fraud they have committed.

717 605

when u a die-hard conservative but too stupid for any real politics so you bring your political agendas to a video game instead

54 58
  • 8 Jul '19
 freygeist

@SWSeriousMike said:
This criminal dev team will certainly rot in a cell for all the fraud they have committed.

Go back to the Annex SadMike, take a letter opener and put it in your skull. Wouldnt do much sadly since its only bone with a tiny bit of brain unreachable inside.

717 605

i think i hate the journalists more than any of these weirdos for completely derailing the real issue of antisocial behavior in favor for a fuckin offhand ill-informed steam comment about a non-existent gender toggle. Thanks. thanks. great job. thank.

2021 2108
  • 8 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

@freygeist said:
Go back to the Annex SadMike, take a letter opener and put it in your skull. Wouldnt do much sadly since its only bone with a tiny bit of brain unreachable inside.

A letter opener? Have you lived your last 200 years in a fridge? That would explain quite a lot, so please answer honestly.

54 58
  • 8 Jul '19
 freygeist

@SWSeriousMike said:

@freygeist said:
Go back to the Annex SadMike, take a letter opener and put it in your skull. Wouldnt do much sadly since its only bone with a tiny bit of brain unreachable inside.

A letter opener? Have you lived your last 200 years in a fridge? That would explain quite a lot, so please answer honestly.

You dont even get the reference... now if you could do me a favor and stop being a stupid idiot, i could reveal it, so you maybe would get the joke. But i doubt you have any humor at all.

129 181
  • 8 Jul '19
 CatR

This is like that Flintstones episode where they accuse Fred of being square!

Knight 7768 14327
  • 8 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@freygeist said:

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
They didn't launch with females because the models aren't complete and the voice acting still needs to be done lmfao

Or because they realized its not a priority for making this game successful at launch?
Now just think for a minute, if they would have launched with females, do you think the game would be this popular? Remember the great For Honor? Oh wait....

Yes it would still be as popular lmao no one bought this game for a lack of females.

Either you are really that naive or you are a troll...

I forgot of course, perhaps you are just an idiot. Your choice ^^

The vast majority of people bought this game because they thought it looked fun or they thought the gameplay looked deep and interesting. If you truly believe any meaningful amount of people bought this game because they thought it wouldn't have women in it, then you are delusional.

43 32
  • 8 Jul '19
 Alasdair

@ToLazy4Name said:

@freygeist said:

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
They didn't launch with females because the models aren't complete and the voice acting still needs to be done lmfao

Or because they realized its not a priority for making this game successful at launch?
Now just think for a minute, if they would have launched with females, do you think the game would be this popular? Remember the great For Honor? Oh wait....

Yes it would still be as popular lmao no one bought this game for a lack of females.

Either you are really that naive or you are a troll...

I forgot of course, perhaps you are just an idiot. Your choice ^^

The vast majority of people bought this game because they thought it looked fun or they thought the gameplay looked deep and interesting. If you truly believe any meaningful amount of people bought this game because they thought it wouldn't have women in it, then you are delusional.

No one bought the game for it to be a woke diverse propaganda piece either full or censorship that dictates what the community can or cannot say in chat. My entire group of friends bought it because it looked like they had a spine and weren't going to cave to this nonsense. I was on the fence on the gameplay but the fact the devs looked like they weren't capitulating on the community's interests made me buy it if they pollute the game with this nonsense they would have destroyed it and defrauded their customers. I don't want to give money to people with a social justice agenda, or those who capitulate to it and destroy the product I bought..

54 58
  • 8 Jul '19
 freygeist

@ToLazy4Name said:
The vast majority of people bought this game because they thought it looked fun or they thought the gameplay looked deep and interesting. If you truly believe any meaningful amount of people bought this game because they thought it wouldn't have women in it, then you are delusional.

Yes, thank you exactly there where mainly two groups who bought Mordhau, ex chivalry vets who bought this game because its a spiritual successor to chivarly, a game based on medieval warfare, with no woman to be found anywhere, and it worked. So there is that... and then new people, who saw a cool medieval game about warfare, so they thought lets give it a try, for this only reason, to have a believable medieval fighting experience, so thank you for proving my argument.
But i give you this, most people of course dont buy this game, because they have in their mind, i want a game without woman. But are brains are wired this way, because a game about a medieval warfare, means men on a battlefield. It would be againts our natural instinct slaying woman in a game about hacking limbs of. Its unnatural even in a videogame. Most people wouldnt realize this, even the ones who say now, they dont care about woman being added, but their brains will ultimately do, if the devs are really this stupid and implement this feature without a toggle.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 8 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Alasdair said:
No one bought the game for it to be a woke diverse propaganda piece either full or censorship that dictates what the community can or cannot say in chat.

There is no woke diverse propaganda and as for censorship nothing is official yet as to whether or not there will be filters or anything of the sort. Pull your head out of your ass and stop thinking that everyone and everything is a marxist.

43 32
  • 8 Jul '19
 Alasdair

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Alasdair said:
No one bought the game for it to be a woke diverse propaganda piece either full or censorship that dictates what the community can or cannot say in chat.

There is no woke diverse propaganda and as for censorship nothing is official yet as to whether or not there will be filters or anything of the sort. Pull your head out of your ass and stop thinking that everyone and everything is a marxist.

Yes not yet which is why I'm still speaking and not asking for my refund yet. We'll see one way or another who they decide to listen to and don't. anyone with a brain has seen this before I haven't said anything political you are replying to someone else. either they appeal to their community or they go woke and broke filled with nonsense and censorship or not. I can't wait to get defrauded, censored! guess I'll just shut up and let it happen, and not voice my interests as a consumer at all, because that's what big brains do.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 8 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Alasdair said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Alasdair said:
No one bought the game for it to be a woke diverse propaganda piece either full or censorship that dictates what the community can or cannot say in chat.

There is no woke diverse propaganda and as for censorship nothing is official yet as to whether or not there will be filters or anything of the sort. Pull your head out of your ass and stop thinking that everyone and everything is a marxist.

Yes not yet which is why I'm still speaking and not asking for my refund yet.

no you mong you just said there is "woke diverse propaganda" and "censorship"

them adding female characters and other races isn't "woke diverse propaganda" and even if they do add word filters and whatnot that's not exactly what i'd called "censorship" either.

43 32
  • 8 Jul '19
 Alasdair

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Alasdair said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Alasdair said:
No one bought the game for it to be a woke diverse propaganda piece either full or censorship that dictates what the community can or cannot say in chat.

There is no woke diverse propaganda and as for censorship nothing is official yet as to whether or not there will be filters or anything of the sort. Pull your head out of your ass and stop thinking that everyone and everything is a marxist.

Yes not yet which is why I'm still speaking and not asking for my refund yet.

no you mong you just said there is "woke diverse propaganda" and "censorship"

them adding female characters and other races isn't "woke diverse propaganda" and even if they do add word filters and whatnot that's not exactly what i'd called "censorship" either.

Yes, it is them putting women and darkies in the game is just that Woke propaganda. I'm sure their primary demographic of 18-35-year-old white men are going to love being censored and defrauded and will continue to support developers that them or capitulate to people that hate them. that's totally in their interest as developers to go woke and broke.

Knight 7768 14327
  • 8 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

You know nothing about the developers if you think they are SJWs with a political agenda, not to mention that they've planned female characters for years now. This wasn't some sort of response to the pcgamer article.

43 32
  • 1
  • 8 Jul '19
 Alasdair

They are either are or they are capitulating to them on the topic of censorship if they are just giving lip service that's fine. I'm not sure one way or another till they make the choice and are more explicit than they are now. I don't care if they've planned it for years its a bad idea and I don't want it or any other wokeness in the game, I want the game I bought, and to not be defrauded or censored. This is a conflict that lasted longer than the pc gamer article but it's just bubbling up more fervently now. If they are hiding their opinions and giving lip service sure whatever do what you have to do, but I'm not going to sit down and shut up and allow myself to be censored in game, or defrauded.