Mordhau

Triternion's official statement in regards to recent events

46 72
 Zeratul

And i think even more people would be really thankful, if you would just shut the fuck up.

Knight 7646 14033

Bro this fictional mercenary company couldn't possibly employ people with dark skin or a vagina bro it's impossible

46 72
  • 8 Jul
 Zeratul

@ToLazy4Name said:
Bro this fictional mercenary company couldn't possibly employ people with dark skin or a vagina bro it's impossible

No it couldnt if this fictional mercenary company is set in medieval europe. But i guess, if the devs are really going down this path, just rename the game to Pussyslasher or Negro Knight or something. Just dont name it MORDHAU anymore, its kinda insulting.

Baron 1601 5082
  • 8 Jul
 Lincs

@Zeratul said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

No it couldnt if this fictional mercenary company is set in medieval europe. But i guess, if the devs are really going down this path, just rename the game to Pussyslasher or Negro Knight or something. Just dont name it MORDHAU anymore, its kinda insulting.

Fragile boy.

Knight 7646 14033

@Zeratul said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Yeah man it's not like the iberian peninsula or the Mediterranean sea exist or anything lmao what's a moor lmao xd

Edit: though this doesn't matter because it's fictional

1403 1467

@Zeratul said:
And i think even more people would be really thankful, if you would just shut the fuck up.

We could make a deal and you could be a hero to those many. What do you say?

40 67

@Deadmode said:

Battlefield V's death had has nothing to do with female or black characters.

You're pretty out of touch.

"The first Battlefield V trailer from last week's big reveal now has more than 320,000 "dislikes," which is far more than how many "likes" it has, and many viewers are expressing their opinions in some harsh ways in the video's comments section. It's a similar situation to the dislike campaign against Call of Duty's Infinite Warfare reveal two years earlier. Battlefield V has already seen its fair share of backlash before the trailer's debut. The marketing campaign for this installment focuses on female characters, even going so far as to feature a woman on the cover art. Some gamers were upset with this inclusion, threatening to abandon the series if the female players were included. A hashtag was inspired by the backlash entitled "#NotMyBattlefield." DICE general manager Oskar Gabrielson responded with a promise that the female characters would, under no circumstances, be removed from play."

Also, your arguments about the game being realistic are misplaced. You quoted the store page earlier, and it does state that it is a fictional but realistic world. That means that it is a world that is plausible, but entirely fictional. That means that you cannot have things like orcs and other fantasy elements, but female warriors, seeing as they existed IRL, are quite plausible in this fictitious world.

"Realistic" doesn't just mean "plausible", it means "the quality or fact of representing a person or thing in a way that is accurate and true to life."

Whether it's popular to admit it or not, we all know women are much physically weaker, slower, and more fragile than men, and this fact has lead them to be exceedingly rare sights on the front lines of battle throughout history, even to the modern day where fighting is just pulling a trigger. To really put into scope how uncommon it is, each 200 years, you might get one mention (often part myth- i.e. Gülnar Hatun) of a female fighter, across all the countries around the globe where millions of men were fighting on a frequent basis.

Even the most generous possible estimate would put male:female participation in medieval battles at a 1,000,000:1 ratio. Because, you know, they didn't want to die against much stronger opponents and nobody wanted to send them out to die.

So to see an entire group of skinny big-hipped waifus with tiny upper bodies and no visible muscle, optimized for sex appeal by their 13 year old players, churning their way through the battlefield? Not only is that less "plausible" than even Sauron armor, that is definitely not "true to life."

Lastly, to pretend that Mordhau isn't meant to be based on the real medieval Europe is disingenous; almost every single piece of gear is a copy of a real, historical object, the whole game is named after a German fighting technique and half of the game has real-world names like "Italian cuirass" for fuck's sake.They gave every indication possible that it is heavily Earth-based.

So you've failed to convince me that it's realistic, and you're definitely going to fail at convincing everyone else who has an issue with it. Which is why a toggle should happen, because it would please everyone and there's no good reason not to.

54 58
  • 8 Jul
 freygeist

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Zeratul said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Yeah man it's not like the iberian peninsula or the Mediterranean sea exist or anything lmao what's a moor lmao xd

Edit: though this doesn't matter because it's fictional

It matters, fictional does not mean, it has nothing to do with real history. Any novel is fictional still it has rules from the real world. Its kind of pointless argument dont you think? But honestly i wouldnt have a problem with an arabic or far eastern expansion, or something like that, like they did with deadly warriors for chivalry. but just let the base game stay like it is. Its a great game. No need to ruin it.

40 67

@SWSeriousMike said:

@link_mah_boi said:
Another strawman from the sophist, are you just going to make up imaginary boogeyman arguments to knock over all day? Nobody said lawsuit, but it is grounds for a refund from Steam, and I don't want to do that.

No, it isn't.

Someone's not familiar with the ACCC, apparently. Valve is bound by consumer law on Steam purchases ever since 2015. It's grounds for a refund.

Thing is, I don't want to have to get a refund, I just want to be happy keeping the Mordhau experience the way I have it now, and keep everyone else happy also. There are no good reasons not to add a toggle, so add a toggle.

1403 1467

The game was advertised with female player characters.
Also it's not like you lost a feature. Additional options are to be added.

Female characters are likely to be added and you are not entitled to a refund because of that. Deal with it!

54 58

@SWSeriousMike said:

Female characters are likely to be added and you are not entitled to a refund because of that. Deal with it!

No it was not advertised like that. It was mentioned in the alpha and dev blogs, but the final release was never advertised with female characters on the steam store. And its clearly not what sold the game. Ask yourself why the devs didnt release the game with this feature from the start. Because they wouldnt have sold so much copies by now, if they had. Think with your head man.

Knight 7646 14033

They didn't launch with females because the models aren't complete and the voice acting still needs to be done lmfao

40 67

@SWSeriousMike said:

No, the game was not advertised with female player characters. A video to alpha testers which was not displayed at the point of sale is not advertising, and it is not reasonable to expect a person purchasing the game on Steam in 2019 would go hunting for alpha footage from 2016 on Youtube.

If you buy a jacket and the cashier smears tomato sauce on it at point of sale, you may not have "lost any features" in that case either, but the look of the jacket is still ruined.

Yes, you are entitled to a refund under the consumer laws Valve are bound by if the product's advertising was misleading. Steam is actually very lenient with handing out refunds in my country now because of the court case where Valve got sued for $3 million for not giving refunds. I don't want to refund, but if no dev stance is forthcoming and the game becomes Waifu Simulator 2019, I won't have much trouble getting a refund.

Also, congrats for taking this discussion way off track.

523 566
  • 8 Jul
 Deadmode

@link_mah_boi said:

@Deadmode said:

Battlefield V's death had has nothing to do with female or black characters.

You're pretty out of touch.

"The first Battlefield V trailer from last week's big reveal now has more than 320,000 "dislikes," which is far more than how many "likes" it has, and many viewers are expressing their opinions in some harsh ways in the video's comments section. It's a similar situation to the dislike campaign against Call of Duty's Infinite Warfare reveal two years earlier. Battlefield V has already seen its fair share of backlash before the trailer's debut. The marketing campaign for this installment focuses on female characters, even going so far as to feature a woman on the cover art. Some gamers were upset with this inclusion, threatening to abandon the series if the female players were included. A hashtag was inspired by the backlash entitled "#NotMyBattlefield." DICE general manager Oskar Gabrielson responded with a promise that the female characters would, under no circumstances, be removed from play."

Also, your arguments about the game being realistic are misplaced. You quoted the store page earlier, and it does state that it is a fictional but realistic world. That means that it is a world that is plausible, but entirely fictional. That means that you cannot have things like orcs and other fantasy elements, but female warriors, seeing as they existed IRL, are quite plausible in this fictitious world.

"Realistic" doesn't just mean "plausible", it means "the quality or fact of representing a person or thing in a way that is accurate and true to life."

Whether it's popular to admit it or not, we all know women are much physically weaker, slower, and more fragile than men, and this fact has lead them to be exceedingly rare sights on the front lines of battle throughout history, even to the modern day where fighting is just pulling a trigger. To really put into scope how uncommon it is, each 200 years, you might get one mention (often part myth- i.e. Gülnar Hatun) of a female fighter, across all the countries around the globe where millions of men were fighting on a frequent basis.

Even the most generous possible estimate would put male:female participation in medieval battles at a 1,000,000:1 ratio. Because, you know, they didn't want to die against much stronger opponents and nobody wanted to send them out to die.

So to see an entire group of skinny big-hipped waifus with tiny upper bodies and no visible muscle, optimized for sex appeal by their 13 year old players, churning their way through the battlefield? Not only is that less "plausible" than even Sauron armor, that is definitely not "true to life."

Lastly, to pretend that Mordhau isn't meant to be based on the real medieval Europe is disingenous; almost every single piece of gear is a copy of a real, historical object, the whole game is named after a German fighting technique and half of the game has real-world names like "Italian cuirass" for fuck's sake.They gave every indication possible that it is heavily Earth-based.

So you've failed to convince me that it's realistic, and you're definitely going to fail at convincing everyone else who has an issue with it. Which is why a toggle should happen, because it would please everyone and there's no good reason not to.

Seeing as you cannot understand what they meant by 'fictional, yet realistic world' as you are hell bent on it being as realistic as possible, why are you getting so worked up about some women in the game but you are quite happy to face-off against a caveman, or a tomato, or Shrek?

Your argument doesn't hold up with how Mordhau is full of ridiculously unrealistic mechanics, behaviour and content. There is literally no realism or immersion argument beyond the pseudo-realistic-but-still-very-arcade combat and some castles.

If we were discussing adding black people or women warriors to KCD, I would be very much on your side, as that game is based in a specific period of history in a very specific and painstakingly realistic recreation of Bohemia. Mordhau is FAR, FAR from that level of realism, which would support a strong case against their addition and there is literally nothing that can be presented to give a solid reason why, in this make-believe world, that women and black people can't be added.

Grow the fuck up and stop being such a big baby about women being in an arcade melee slasher.

Knight 7646 14033

Then get a refund and go away lmao they've given their statement

54 58
  • 8 Jul
 freygeist

@ToLazy4Name said:
They didn't launch with females because the models aren't complete and the voice acting still needs to be done lmfao

Or because they realized its not a priority for making this game successful at launch?
Now just think for a minute, if they would have launched with females, do you think the game would be this popular? Remember the great For Honor? Oh wait....

40 67

@Deadmode said:

why are you getting so worked up about some women in the game but you are quite happy to face-off against a caveman, or a tomato, or Shrek?

"Caveman, tomato and Shrek" are not visible in Frontline because of team colors. You can't have the green white and brown for Shrek. All I'm seeing from my perspective is poor peasants wearing medieval clothing.

Your argument doesn't hold up with how Mordhau is full of ridiculously unrealistic mechanics, behaviour and content. There is literally no realism or immersion argument beyond the pseudo-realistic-but-still-very-arcade combat and some castles.

Nothing in Frontline is "ridiculously" unrealistic to the point of breaking any immersion you could have, which is why so many of us manage to have an immersive experience. There are small unrealistic elements here and there, many of which are unavoidable to make Mordhau work as a game, but none of them are constantly in your face and ears like a horde of screeching fapbait characters in every server would be. One guy in every third server standing in spawn playing a lute does not break my suspension of disbelief because I don't even have to see him most of the time, let alone fight him.

Medieval mercenary combat in the late 15th/early 16th century was a mishmash of different types of old and new gear, mail and robes and plate, helmets and hats, cavalry and infantry, spears and greatswords, with different mercenaries from all over the continent clashing in battle,, and that's just what Mordhau is. Overall, Mordhau is the second most realistic medieval video fighting game after Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

I hate this attitude of "oh well there are some small unrealistic things, so realism no longer matters at all and we can just add whatever to the game you bought". Especially when this game was sold with realism and believability as a major selling point.

Mordhau is FAR, FAR from that level of realism, which would support a strong case against their addition and there is literally nothing that can be presented to give a solid reason why, in this make-believe world, that women and black people can't be added.

I'm fine with expanded range of skin tones though, there's more historical precedent for it, and unlike waifu knights it's not ahistorical as well as biologically unrealistic and unbelievable.

And I'm not saying women "can't be added". I'm saying Triternion should give us the clientside gender toggle they brought up themselves as a solution to this issue.

@ToLazy4Name said:
Then get a refund and go away lmao they've given their statement

Dear Wannabe Moderator, nobody's forcing you to read this thread where paying customers, players who keep the product alive, give feedback to the devs. We want everyone to be happy and nobody to refund, which is an entirely possible outcome.

Knight 7646 14033

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Or because they realized its not a priority for making this game successful at launch?
Now just think for a minute, if they would have launched with females, do you think the game would be this popular? Remember the great For Honor? Oh wait....

Yes it would still be as popular lmao no one bought this game for a lack of females.

54 58

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@freygeist said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Yes it would still be as popular lmao no one bought this game for a lack of females.

Either you are really that naive or you are a troll...

I forgot of course, perhaps you are just an idiot. Your choice ^^