Mordhau

Kicking/Banning Toxic ppl has nothing to do with SJW or Political Correctness.

1908 1995
  • 23 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

@FΞNIX said:
I think you guys need to re-define what is "Good" and what is "Evil". It's the only way for you to agree on something.

This isn't about ethics. It's about facts. It's a fact that words very often have consequences. It's a fact that racism is against the rules of the official servers.

"That's just your opinion" doesn't cut it here.

@ToLazy4Name said:

@SWSeriousMike said:
Because of stuff like this:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Tho people who are offended by speech of any kind are also retarded but that's beside the point lmao

Why are you having so much trouble understanding that there is a world of difference between getting offended by the words themselves and what they mean and how someone is using their words and what results from their speech? Lmao

Yes goys, being upset at the N word and falsely accusing someone of rape are the same thing!!! Lazy eternally btfo........

I don't understand your point here. Do you think it's the appearance of the letters that is offending? It was always about the consequences of the words. At least for me. I have used the word "nigger" myself in context that I would say makes it acceptable. You are the one who is trying to take it out of context. You are painting the picture that it's the word alone that is harmful.

I guess my trouble stems from my inability to empathize with "getting offended by the words themselves". That doesn't make sense to me and I'm confused why you automatically assume that it's the default for everyone complaining about toxic behavior.

32 24
  • 23 Jul '19
 FΞNIX

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:

@FΞNIX said:
I think you guys need to re-define what is "Good" and what is "Evil". It's the only way for you to agree on something.

[david cage voice] there is no difference between good and evil, actually, you absolute moron. you buffoon. ever think about this? bet not. mind blown much?

1 v 1 me bitch.

717 605

@FΞNIX said:

@FΞNIX said:

[david cage voice] there is no difference between good and evil, actually, you absolute moron. you buffoon. ever think about this? bet not. mind blown much?

1 v 1 me bitch.

sure. in quake, not this dumb ass broken video ga-uhhh i mean [nonchalantly looking around] this video game rules and will definitely have a pro scene and lan tournaments

Knight 7768 14320
  • 23 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

Why are you here if you don't like the game lmao

717 605

@ToLazy4Name said:
Why are you here if you don't like the game lmao

i see a ton of potential in it and i can't tell yet if they're going to mess it up or balance it correctly

Knight 7768 14320
  • 23 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

There are hardly any big balance issues, if you don't like the base combat mechanics then you're not gonna like the game ever

717 605

@ToLazy4Name said:
There are hardly any big balance issues, if you don't like the base combat mechanics then you're not gonna like the game ever

the mechanics are the best part but if you don't think there's any balancing issues you don't understand the fundamentals of game balance and are probably insanely stockholm syndromed like all the beta players

1908 1995
  • 23 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

@ToLazy4Name said:

the mechanics are the best part but if you don't think there's any balancing issues you don't understand the fundamentals of game balance and are probably insanely stockholm syndromed like all the beta players

For comp. matches everything that is broken is just not permitted. When you play public most of the time you have a different perspective.

Knight 7768 14320
  • 23 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

I said there is nothing big not that there aren't any. None of the current issues change the way the game is played in any meaningful sense, and the places that the gameplay would be changed the most would be at the comp level

717 605

i really gotta see how ranked mode turns out before i can really start critiquing the game design but atm the game seems to be more designed around pubstomping than having any real pro scene/lan tournies in mind

although like 95% of ppl who play this video game think counterstrike is terrible game design soooo. idk what this video game is tbh. high skill ceiling for ppl who hate e-sports? very strange contradiction

Knight 7768 14320
  • 23 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

High skill ceiling because getting good is fun and rewarding

129 181
  • 23 Jul '19
 CatR

Really boggles my mind how someone can expend time and effort to write hundreds of words on how words don't contain meaning. I'm starting a march to end marches.

717 605

@ToLazy4Name said:

ya but like. catering to an e-sport scene makes the skill ceiling exponentially propel itself to unseen heights. idk why ppl wouldn't want that, unless they're scared that they're going to get exposed for being a shitter once there's a new skill standard and actual risk/profit involved

Knight 7768 14320
  • 23 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@ToLazy4Name said:

ya but like. catering to an e-sport scene makes the skill ceiling exponentially propel itself to unseen heights. idk why ppl wouldn't want that, unless they're scared that they're going to get exposed for being a shitter once there's a new skill standard and actual risk/profit involved

Wot

Everyone here wants the game to be an esport but very few games are capable of being esports lmao half of that shit is down to luck

Knight 7768 14320
  • 23 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@CatR said:
Really boggles my mind how someone can expend time and effort to write hundreds of words on how words don't contain meaning. I'm starting a march to end marches.

No they have meaning that is influenced by context, but my point is that people shouldn't be offended by words lmao

717 605

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Wot

Everyone here wants the game to be an esport but very few games are capable of being esports lmao half of that shit is down to luck

designing the game around e-sports in mind & refining it by laser focusing on the games strengths and cutting out the excess fat is a good head start to that sort of thing naturally occurring. it's just a matter on how much the devs are going to cater to casual frontline roleplayers vs ppl who see this games skill cap like quake

Knight 7768 14320
  • 23 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

They will cater to nothing and simply attempt to balance the game lmao why are you so concerned with esport aspect when you're (as far as I know) not even in the comp scene

717 605

@ToLazy4Name said:
They will cater to nothing and simply attempt to balance the game lmao why are you so concerned with esport aspect when you're (as far as I know) not even in the comp scene

you can "balance" games in multiple ways, it depends on what group/gamemode/playstyle it's being catered for. balance always caters to an ideal demographic with an intended playstyle. games can become "balanced" where the skill ceiling is compromised for accessibility, they can be "balanced" in a way where the only things that matter are like the top 2 players on each team actually accomplishing anything, etc. cup stacking competitions are "balanced" but they're fuckin dumb as hell cause it caters to something really stupid, right? high skill ceiling doesn't immediately equate to good game design, kind of like how acting aggressive with ur opinions doesn't really make them seem any less dumb

Knight 7768 14320
  • 23 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

They'll balance it so that things are good and not bad very simple and easy think

717 605

@ToLazy4Name said:
They'll balance it so that things are good and not bad very simple and easy think

pounding own head with huge oversized club. oog ug no like think